EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 03-15-2005, 11:41 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Neriak
Default Small problem with customized YAFS UI

Hi people. I'm uploading my current UI to you all, so that you please can find out what's wrong with this UI. I use mainly YAFS UI with several other windows, like some of Mook's UI windows( player, pet, hotbuttons) SaintSinner's .dds BLUE background files ,Trip's target window and Humudce's XP Bar

Problem I have is that no matter what GROUP window I place in the lot it always defaults to regular GROUP window. Dunno If I'm doing something wrong here, My .XML skills are NEG 100 , so I hope some of you guys can help me. I play at 1280x1024 and I include on the pack all of the files on my MYUI dir as well as my regular .ini file and a screenshot too.

I just want to use another group window, but when I load the game up, the game seems to ignore the new .xml group window (completely ignoring it) and always defaults to original group one, wich I hate. . For only that small detail, rest of this extremely mixed UI works very well. Wonder where´s the problem?

Edit: I'm also attaching my ui.log file, It always shows three lines with the text "Encountered data outside of container tags" , wonder if that's a problem too?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000002.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	1863  
Attached Files
File Type: zip myui.zip (1.12 MB, 318 views)
File Type: zip ui.zip (159 Bytes, 306 views)

Last edited by bachaco : 03-16-2005 at 12:46 AM.
Unread 03-15-2005, 11:46 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Problem is in your eq2ui_mainhud.xml. For some reason that thing has the groupmember info in the file instead of referring to the include.

There's a big block of crap between

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml</include>

and

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml</include>

Delete it all and replace it with

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml</include>

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 03-15-2005 at 11:49 PM.
Unread 03-16-2005, 12:07 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default It Worked ... Kinda :P

Ahhh well, I managed to see another group window, but now I lose the nice looking edges on my windows , mostly what I like about YAFS

Check it

Also something I forgot to mention Deathbane27, your pet window for some weird reason always appears on the bottom of my screen, everytime I load up the game. Nothing that will cause me any headache but kinda funny to see it always roll back to the bottom, even when I Lock it a bit above , check it on the "WITHmainhudxmlfile.jpg", I think your pet window is ALIVE! , It won't stay still

Edit: DUH, didnt see the editing part 'till I posted this, working on it now lemme see how it goes :P

Re-Edit: Game Crashed 8/ . Did Exactly as u said, deleted everything between those two lines and placed the line you typed. Game began to load with some windows without any kind of backgrounds and then game crashed , hehehe.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	withOUTmainhudxmlfile.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	1868  Click image for larger version

Name:	WITHmainhudxmlfile.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	1870  

Last edited by bachaco : 03-16-2005 at 12:30 AM.
Unread 03-16-2005, 08:44 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default I fixed it eventually :P

Well, thanx to Deathbane I managed to do the only logical thing. Since the eq2ui mainhud file had the groupmember info on it, I decided to copy and paste the xml code from the window I wanted into YAFS mainhud xml file. I deleted the old groupmember window code inside the file and placed the code from the window I wanted and the UI seemed to work fine!!!

Now I have a neat small group window on my new custom UI :P
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fixed.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	1882