EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Closed Thread
Unread 03-26-2005, 06:50 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Skill Choice Window not working

Not sure if this has been reported yet. I am using beta 3 and just ding'd 30th level, am a Mystic. I could not see any choice in new Skill window so had to log and come back in using default to choose new spell. Hope is not much of a problem to fix. Decline does work in lotto just fine now in Beta 3 btw.
Awesome mod over all. Am addicted to it, LOL.

Drunador "The Bear" Mystic Alliance Officer / Faydark Server
Unread 03-26-2005, 08:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Possible bug

After installing the beta3, I get this error upon selecting the character select page.

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify> E:\live\eq2\game\client\UI\src\Eq2GuiNCSCharSelectWindow.cpp(945): ( p_normal_style = reinterpret_cast<UIButtonStyle*>( m_pCharsPage ->GetChild("bright_textonly_button18*))) !=0

I'm going to assume that removing the eq2.ini file is a temporary fix but again forces the use of soe's default gui.

-edit-
One of the odd things I'm noticing is that the path is all wrong if it's trying to point to my eq2 install... E: is my cd burner drive; and that leads to another thing that happens somewhat rarely and randomly - Eq2 crashes with an error stating the disc is not in my cd drive.

Last edited by derghodaemon : 03-26-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Unread 03-26-2005, 08:33 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

you shouldnt need the eq2 disc in your drive to play???
Unread 03-27-2005, 12:35 AM
A Brown Bear

No, it isn't pointing to your drive... It's their way of debugging. It shows the filename (which also includes the path of whatever computer EQ2 was compiled on) and the error and line number of the c++ file that the error occured.
Unread 03-27-2005, 01:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Guk
Thumbs Up Thanks!

1st I would like to thank you for all the hard work you've put into this mod, it is spectacular!

The only thing I've been having issues with (and I appologize if you've covered this already, I'm too much of a slacker to read more than 2 pages back) is the character select screen.

I am a terminal short attention span theater goer and I have 10 toons to choose from ... but FetishNF only shows me 8 in the "pick me!" list. I would like to know if it's something stupid on my part during setup or if it's something that just hasn't been updated yet.

anyhow, once again, thank you!

Glymir
Unread 03-27-2005, 02:39 AM
A Brown Bear

One thing I just noticed while messing with these god forsaken chat windows is that the arrows to change between tabs do not work. They don't respond at all. Also, scroll button on my mouse won't work for the quest detail pain in the Quest window.

Last edited by Xilo : 03-27-2005 at 02:44 AM.
Unread 03-27-2005, 04:00 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Everfrost
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
grr... not game breaking, but annoying.

Quick fix for Store select:
Open eq2ui_inventory_store.xml
search for BackgroundOpacity="0.157"
Change to BackgroundOpacity="1.000"
then insert Opacity="0.157"
This is actually very similar to the Choice bug. SOE just decides to change object layering in a few windows for no apparent reason. In this case the highlight box is getting moved from behind the icon and text to the front. With the Choice window, it was putting the frame background in front
Just for clarification, what used to read as:BackgroundOpacity="0.157" should now read as BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Opacity="0.157". Is this correct?

So far it seems that my EQ2MAPS issues have been resolved (YEAY!) I particularly appreciate the addition of the "focused" map that shows one quarter or center of the regular sized map in a smaller window.. Great mod!

Also, a couple of questions/suggestions.

A) Still wondering if there is a way to make sure that bags stay where they are locked. Every time I relog in my bags have shifted.

B) This may be a total n00b question, but I still have no idea how to get the banker to make change.

C) More of a suggestion that most may not find particularly useful, but I think it could be... is it possible to have the clock also display the Norrathian day? I've heard rumor that if you read the calendar book in North Freeport (Arcane Acadeny or whatever it's called) that there are actually special events on particular days, such as Merchants sell wares cheeper on this day; although, I have not yet proved this theory.

Thanks again for your patience and for creating such a great mod. I advertise it amongst all of my Evercrack Head friends!

Grymmtooth
Unread 03-27-2005, 07:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up Chat Windows

Hiya Zonx. Thanks for the super UI. I'm having trouble with chat windows. Twice I opened two new chat windows for guild/group, but after logging off/on the 2 new windows were not memorized so I had to set them up again.

I should mention that my Fetish install didn't go picture perfect. I followed all the steps but at first loggin, all the components were scattered out of place, (resolution of 1280x1024). Even after reinstall including removal of server_character_eq2_uisettings.ini, still scattered. So I just arranged all the components in their proper places, logged, and it memmed. Funny thing is, i copied contents of the new memmed server_character_eq2_uisettings.ini and pasted over contents of my alts server_character_eq2_uisettings.ini file, logged in and components were again scattered.

Hope you can help with the chat windows. One thing i thought of but didn't get to try yet (thank SoE scheduled downtime) is just adding new tabs to main chat window, separating them (drag-n-drop) during gameplay, then restoring to main chat window before logoff. If the chat filters mem, then it wouldn't be a biggie to perform each login.

Thank Zonx, for all your hard work and dedication to making the best UI I've ever used. Oh, and no offense meant to SoE: if it were not for sked downtime we would never get any sleep . heh.

Kobiinal on Mistmore
Unread 03-27-2005, 07:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Disregard, just noticed the patch you have up, will give it a try.
------------------------
Not sure if this was mentioned, but the training windows (Traditions, etc) will not display my options. The + button comes up, I click it and the next window has nothing in it. I've checked other peoples that arent running a mod and they are fine. For now, I exit out, turn off my interface, then come in to select it.

Last edited by Jaks : 03-27-2005 at 09:24 AM.
Unread 03-27-2005, 08:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up Chat windows (cont)

IRT msgs 58 and 59 below, I have not experienced this problem using the default UI.

Kobiinal on Mistmore
Unread 03-27-2005, 08:28 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Tracking window

Many thanks for the effort you've put into this, the result is fantastic!

When zoning, calling or escaping, the Tracking window does not automatically update anymore(easily remmeded by closing and open tracking window).
Is it possible too have a search by distance button? after i've sorted by alphabet need too zone too get it back too sort by distance.(this one i've reported as a bug too SoE )

Once again, marvelous work, and many thanks
Unread 03-27-2005, 09:36 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grymmtooth
C) More of a suggestion that most may not find particularly useful, but I think it could be... is it possible to have the clock also display the Norrathian day? I've heard rumor that if you read the calendar book in North Freeport (Arcane Acadeny or whatever it's called) that there are actually special events on particular days, such as Merchants sell wares cheeper on this day; although, I have not yet proved this theory.
I also would like to see this. Perhaps you could add a 3rd line of text to the clock window that consisted of the day, month, and year?
Unread 03-27-2005, 02:06 PM
A Coastal Crab

I just downloaded and installed and I love it. Great Job! Just one comment...did you include an indicator on the exp bar that shows how far your vitality will take you? I liked having that and I don't think you included it. Although I can't be sure because I have so little vit :P.

Ecks
Monk of Kithicor
Unread 03-27-2005, 04:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default 24 slot Large collectors bag still only has 20 slots.

I am running beta 3 and have all the bag files in the zip transferd to installed file.

still only showing 20 slots. I temporarily have coal in the bottom 4 slots that I transfered using default UI (they are hidden).

Not sure which Bag file .xml is one for this bag or would look into modin that file.

POI's on map still don't seem to be working. I Have downloaded and installed Patch 1 and mini Map still shows Last zone and doesn't update.

Otherwise still blown away by this UI. GREAT work!!!

Last edited by Punksmurf : 03-27-2005 at 04:25 PM. Reason: More info
Unread 03-27-2005, 05:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up Multi-Chat Window Problem WORKAROUND Found!! WOOT!!

Heya Zonx. I had a chance to try the workaround I suggested in msg #133, and it worked!!! So for all those having problems with multi-chat windows not memorizing at logoff:

Add new TABS. change your filters/channels etc.

Drag and drop the tabs to desired location on screen.

Before logoff, return the tabs to the main chat window.

Next time you logon, the tabs you created will be there so you can just drag and drop again.

Hope this helps. Woot!

Kobiinal on Mistmore
Unread 03-27-2005, 07:27 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Would there be a way to make the Effects / Maintained 3/4ths (others out there are 'difficult' to work with in-game. You know what you're doin', so I figured I would ask here.

Was also lookin' for a possible chance at a way to make the Persona Window of yours not close on Escape. It's an excellent Stat-Bar, but it closes upon using escape.

That, and I lost the information on how to make the Inventory always show up in 'small' mode. Zonx told me how once, but I had just lost it, not sure where it went, it's in these forums somewhere.

Last edited by Binton : 03-27-2005 at 07:42 PM.
Unread 03-27-2005, 08:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default New Chat Windows

Using your mod I cannot have a new chat window maintained from one game to the next, as in, I right click new chat window, set opacities and text etc, and after I log out and log back in later there's only the one main chat window.
Unread 03-27-2005, 09:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hiya Zonx,

So far I am loving the new UI, have gotten used to the life meters as I mentioned before.

Ran into a snag today and didnt see it posted. I created a new character, ran through the Isle. Obtained my Freeport Citizenship, but when it came time to choose my new Character Traits, the window opens and there are no traits to choose from. When I close the window the flashing green + sign reappears. I have tried relogging, adn reloading the patch. Not sure if this is a UI problem or not, but I am guessing so.

Keep up the great work and thanks again to you and everyone involved.

P.S.
I stated that I hadn't seen this reported earlier, my bad for skimming through the last pages. Sorry whipping a dead horse.

Last edited by Aemysh : 03-27-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Unread 03-27-2005, 09:33 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowingFauxPas
Using your mod I cannot have a new chat window maintained from one game to the next, as in, I right click new chat window, set opacities and text etc, and after I log out and log back in later there's only the one main chat window.
Ditto, just came to report that
Unread 03-27-2005, 10:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default enemy mastery prompt

enemy masteries dont have selections when prompted to...just to let u know... everything else awesome
Unread 03-28-2005, 07:25 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Default FetishNightfall Beta is Now Closed!

BETA is now closed!

Expect a full release, under a new thread, in the next 24 hours.

A reverse skin of the default UI titled FetishClassic will be released at the same time. Individual FetishClassic pieces will follow.

All issues posted during Beta have been resolved with 1 exception....

Chat windows, disconnected from the Main Chat window, not being saved is a SOE bug (confirmed with a new character using the default UI, /bug reported).

I will not be monitoring this thread for new posts.

I will request this thread be locked and/or deleted by site moderators.

Thanks to everyone that contributed their input
Unread 03-28-2005, 06:48 PM
A Coastal Crab

lvl 30 training window came up blank, couldn't choose training
Unread 03-28-2005, 10:34 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Runnyeye

Update Fetish up to Beta 3 and apply patch
Unread 03-29-2005, 12:48 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Per Zonx's request, thread is now closed.

Redirect comments here --> http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2244