EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 01-30-2005, 06:22 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default TyeJae Steel

This is where I am going to check on requests and suggestions for the TyeJae Steel Mod that I created. I hope so far everyone is enjoying it and I look forward to making more mods...

You can view and download this mod by clicking here.

TyeJae

Last edited by TyeJae : 01-30-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Unread 01-30-2005, 06:24 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally posted by aalwein
Just move the quest helper window to the top right hand corner of the screen and create a "steel" background for it. It ends up being a little small but it is functional. right now i'm running your UI at 1280x1024 and I have it up in that corner with no background... works great. nothing else really needs to be changed for a higher resolution.

Also, debt xp in the player window would be super. I'm adding this in myself in the meantime. - can't figure it out. it looks like you have the line of code for debt xp but i can't get it to show up. there's no official thread opened for this UI so I guess i'll just wait until you open one to discuss this.

One more thing, having the tradeskill xp bar being optional would be handy. Perhaps having the experience window there under the player window with a steel background so it could be switched between adventure and tradeskill xp, or two versions of the player window - one with both xp bars one with just adventure - that could be copied into the main directory at the user's choice.

As you can see I'm already enjoying this UI and just nitpicking details that I would like to see.
Very good feedback. I think I could do somthing about it not showing tradeskill exp, that wouldn't be that hard of a fix. As far as the debt exp goes, I do have that information in there, but just set it off to the side for if anyone wanted to pull it into view. Is this something that most people would want in there? I just didnt put it in there because it wasn't that significant to me, I would rather not know how much debt I have. Let me know.
Unread 01-30-2005, 07:00 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Look at Humudce's xp bar, the one with the single xp bar, you can right click it and change to TS xp, and switch back and forth. (I'm not sure if you can do this in default EQ2 or not)
Unread 01-30-2005, 09:53 PM
He Who Holds the XML
Premium Member

Server: Nektulos

it seems that most of the xp bars are all including blue bub xp and debt xp ... its all definately stuff i use myself. atm i have a custom xp bar open along with your ui so i can see it all. i played around in your code in the player window and couldnt get it to show up for the life of me. if its a quick fix to make it work - something like xp on top, blue bub xp next down, debt xp below that - maybe you could just add that file as a custom xp bar included for use optionally.

or just tell me what code I need to change to get it to show and i'll just change it for myself =) I swear I tried moving it around, changing the location everything and couldnt get anything to change - even using the custom xp window as a reference.
Unread 01-30-2005, 10:54 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

the exp bar switch between tradeskill and adventurer seems to be hardcoded from what i have seen when i was doing my exp bar for the test server. If you DO have the default names for the 2 pages for the ts/adv exp only 1 at a time will show and you have to use the right click -> switch to adv/ts experience, BUT if you just rename the pages then they both show up, however maybe that was just something strange for me. If it is hard coded you could always use a button toggle that makes it hide one page with the exp bar and show the other and then set itself so that when its clicked again to do the opposite. <---- really long run on sentance, sorry about that
Unread 01-30-2005, 11:07 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Kithicor
Default Couple of Requests and one Minor Item

TyeJae I have a couple of requests. First could you Skin the Quest Helper window to match the The Group bar as an add on to the end of it in the upper right corner. Secondly could you skin the Chat bars to match this UI as well.

The only thing I am having trouble with is that my chat bars will not scroll down at all nor can I get the Flashing Icon to come up to type in my own chat.

Thanks

M.
Unread 01-30-2005, 11:18 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Suggestion TyeJae Steel

I have an odd suggestion.

Is there a way for you to flip the whole dashboard part of the UI? I prefer the bulk of my UI to be at the bottom of the screen.

The organization is perfect..it just needs to be flipped so it can be moved down.

Regardless.. a VERY nice job. Keep up the good work.
Unread 01-30-2005, 11:31 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelsturm
The only thing I am having trouble with is that my chat bars will not scroll down at all nor can I get the Flashing Icon to come up to type in my own chat.

Thanks

M.
Yeah, I'm getting a similar bug in all of my "extra" chat windows (the ones I opened from my main one). It appears that these chat windows have about 5 to 10 extra lines that aren't being displayed, so I'm only getting text after 5 new messages are queued up. For example, if I kick a gnoll for 10 points, I don't see it until I also hit the gnoll 5 more times and the message scrolls on-screen.
Unread 01-31-2005, 12:06 AM
A Griffawn

Default Chat box

I just Downloaded Insoms Chat box and added it to this UI. Solved all my Problems. This is by far the best of all the UI's Out for EQ 2. If we can get someone to Skin the chat boxes, Quest Helper, and possibly the other things like Quest Journal, Map Window, Knowledge Bokk, Inventory Window etc etc with this steel look It would be absolutely Godly. It is heaven now but Godly would put it in a class of its own lol.

M
Unread 01-31-2005, 12:34 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
I just Downloaded Insoms Chat box and added it to this UI.

M
Would I just overwrite the files that are already in the UI subdirectory to do this?
Unread 01-31-2005, 02:15 AM
A Griffawn

Yes just download the chat mod you want and overwrite what is in there now.

M.
Unread 01-31-2005, 04:20 AM
A Coastal Crab

Tyejae,

Really nice work. I have a small (hopefully) request from you. My girlfriend has a 15" LCD monitor and space is at a premium. We both think your steel mod is great, but I was wondering if you'd release just the group bar of the Steel mod, without the character stats or money and so forth to save on space?

Thanks either way!
Unread 01-31-2005, 02:17 PM
A Grove Wisp

I have only one gripe:
The actual picture is larger than the graphic. In other words, if you click BELOW the steel portion of the graphic there is still some portion of clear window there which prevents you from being able to manipulate the environment. Any way around that?

Otherwise, this thing kicks more ass than Jet Li.
Unread 01-31-2005, 02:39 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlord
I have only one gripe:
The actual picture is larger than the graphic. In other words, if you click BELOW the steel portion of the graphic there is still some portion of clear window there which prevents you from being able to manipulate the environment. Any way around that?

the only way to make it possible to click in the clear area would be to set AbsorbsInput=False. but then you wouldn't be able to move it, click on something in the window, and you would be clicking through the whole thing(not just the clear part) or TyeJae would have to change the layout of the windows to minimize the clear spots that you cant click though.i dont have the mod so i cant really give you a more detailed description.

Last edited by taco-man : 01-31-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Unread 01-31-2005, 02:58 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlord
I have only one gripe:

Yeah the problem with every mod is that you are forced to make squares as it will not let you make custom shapes so all I can do is make whatever part of the square transparent but it will still block you from selecting whatever is behind it. The picture below shows what I am talking about. The green parts are part of the image but transparent.

I just read taco-man's response. I did not know making absorb input = false would do that, but yes you would not be able to drag it around, the other thing I could do is create 4 or 5 different images that all line up to create this image, but that would just be a pain.

Last edited by TyeJae : 01-31-2005 at 03:01 PM.
Unread 01-31-2005, 03:03 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion
Tyejae,

Really nice work. I have a small (hopefully) request from you. My girlfriend has a 15" LCD monitor and space is at a premium. We both think your steel mod is great, but I was wondering if you'd release just the group bar of the Steel mod, without the character stats or money and so forth to save on space?

Thanks either way!
I could probably do this for you, give me about a week to get this done, I work 12 hour days 6 days a week, so I can access the internet at work, but not do any modding.

Quote:
TyeJae I have a couple of requests. First could you Skin the Quest Helper window to match the The Group bar as an add on to the end of it in the upper right corner. Secondly could you skin the Chat bars to match this UI as well.

Thanks

M.
I plan on doing a full mod with this look, it is just going to take me some time so I thought I would just release the versions as I go.

For those of you having problems with the chat windows I apologize, I do not know why this is happening, maybe I should just leave that out and people can have the option to add it themselves if they want. If you would like to fix this problem just download whatever chat window you want and put it in the TyeJae_Steel folder and overwrite the current files or you can go to your default UI folder and drag over the original chat file and overwrite.

TyeJae

Last edited by TyeJae : 01-31-2005 at 03:08 PM.
Unread 01-31-2005, 03:15 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

if i have your permission (and a little free time) i would be glad to take a look at it and see if i cant at least reduce the space you cant click through.
Unread 01-31-2005, 06:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok first things first.

Thankyou, Thankyou I love this UI.

Now a couple request's

#1 I'm sure if you do this you'll be the first. Tradeskill exp % Like you have on adventuring exp.

#2 Could you or could you or anyone tell me how to make the fonts bigger? I just need them a wee bit bigger.

#3 Would you keep doing this great work? Not really a request just more praise

Thanks Again
Unread 01-31-2005, 07:05 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloswift
Ok first things first.

Now a couple request's

#1 I'm sure if you do this you'll be the first. Tradeskill exp % Like you have on adventuring exp.

#2 Could you or could you or anyone tell me how to make the fonts bigger? I just need them a wee bit bigger.

Thanks Again
I am not the author however at least you will have an answer
#1 - Not currently possible. However it will be soon, its possible on the test server right now.

#2 - wherever you see Font="/Fonts.FontZapf15" replace it with Font="/Fonts.FontZapf16" or if you want it even bigger Font="/Fonts.FontZapf18" and if you want it arial Font="/Fonts.FontArial14" or Font="/Fonts.FontArialBold15"

EDIT: just keep in mind that you may have to change the size and position of everything that you change the text size of because if the text is bigger it will be taking up more space.
Unread 01-31-2005, 07:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

eek!!!
thats a ton of work. I'll pass and deal with it And no longer wish anyone to do that. Thanks Taco-man.
Unread 01-31-2005, 07:32 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

one thing i forgot to mention. you may want to check out though is the QuickArial mod http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ight=arial+mod it makes everything into arial which some people thing is easier to read than the default font.
Unread 01-31-2005, 08:08 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloswift
Ok first things first.

Now a couple request's

Thanks Again
#1 and #2: What taco-man said...lol

#3: Yes
Unread 01-31-2005, 08:09 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
if i have your permission (and a little free time) i would be glad to take a look at it and see if i cant at least reduce the space you cant click through.
Feel free to do whatever you want...just remember to give props to the original author hehe.

TyeJae
Unread 01-31-2005, 09:24 PM
A Griffawn

Default More Praise

TyeJae: I just talked to my buddies that I play with and their first response to this was WOW! Needless to say everyone I play with now has this UI. Once again Great work and I look for to the Complete Package when you get it done.

M.
Unread 01-31-2005, 11:34 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

This should GREATLY REDUCE the space that you cant click through, you might have to reset the windows in-game to thier default size/location to get it to line up properly. what i did to get rid of the space you cant click though is change sourcerects for images, reduce the windows sizes so that it was *just* the right size since some of them were way too big (they had a bunch of blank space), and then get rid of the streching of the images since it was necessary to stop it from stretching to reduce the windows sizes and the streching wasn't needed.

In the next 2 screenshots The inside the red lines show where you cant click through.
Before:

After:

All i did was fix it up a little to get rid the spaces you cant click though, all credit for the interface goes to TyeJae.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prevsteel.jpg
Views:	3179
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	959  Click image for larger version

Name:	newsteel.jpg
Views:	3179
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	960  
Attached Files
File Type: zip TyeJae_Steel.zip (5.4 KB, 418 views)