EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 10-23-2007, 04:22 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

I've never tried the ThorUI but did you read the post from noahbody a couple posts up?

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 11-07-2007, 07:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Vista Ultimate 64bit

The UI runs fine untill it tries to call up the the next application. That should be EQ2 Mapper. It says launching app but never does.
If I go to mapper it is able to launch SOE ?

I tried the steps you show. Should I try to uninstall mapper and Thor and do Thor first as I don't recall which I installed first ?

Great UI BTW I use it on my other 4 computers no issue. I did select run as an administrator when it wouldn't launch ?

Thx
Unread 11-07-2007, 09:53 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I don't think uninstalling/reinstalling would really help anything (although it wouldn't hurt anything either ). I have a feeling Vista's UAC is the culprit.

I think the security people over at Microsoft had a field day (or 10 ) when they got their hands on Vista in the R&D stage. In fact, I'm suprised they didn't implement some sort of function that would detect when the user would blink and prompt them to allow it to happen! lol

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 11-16-2007, 11:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Is this UI still being updated?

It's been awhile since I have seen any updates for this UI. Is it still active? I know RoK just came out. Is anyone else having a problem with the window with stats and etc? The ones that comes up when you push P. I get a message telling me that this UI is not compatible and to load the default. That's too bad. I've been using this UI for over two years.
Unread 11-16-2007, 12:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yeah, I agree, it sucks. The persona window doesn't work, and the EQII menu is all messed up =/

The last update was a few months ago, but I haven't seen anything in the news section about ANY of the recent LUs, and nothing about RoK, so I think it may be dead =/
Unread 11-16-2007, 01:05 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hey, take it easy there. As far as I see Faetyl is keeping it updated regularly and is just a little bit late for GU40, as he posted. I think some nice words of encourangement will do more to motivate him to be quick about it than to tell him it sucks. Just my opinion though...

For the persona window delete your eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml until Faetyl has a fix.
Unread 11-16-2007, 06:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Talking

Yep persona folder not opening, I have been using Thor for eons and Luv it. and the developers work for free in their time, give him a break and a chance to see the messages. It happened a few hours lol . not sure why everything is now now now when you getting a great service for free from someone else's efforts and experience.
Unread 11-16-2007, 06:58 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
Yep persona folder not opening, I have been using Thor for eons and Luv it. and the developers work for free in their time, give him a break and a chance to see the messages. It happened a few hours lol . not sure why everything is now now now when you getting a great service for free from someone else's efforts and experience.
Quoted For Emphasis. Faetyl has posted elsewhere he is aware of the issue. He does this on a volunteer basis so try to play nice, okay?
Unread 11-17-2007, 11:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default UI Problem after Expansion to EQ2

I am running a new computer Vista 64bit 4 gigs memory and 1 gig video card ?

I got this after SOE's last update. It never appered before ?

See picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	6121  
Unread 11-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Send a message via Yahoo to Faetyl

persona issue fixed for the time being...
I'll enhance it soonish.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-17-2007, 09:46 PM
A Coastal Crab

Been using this UI for awhile now, but recently since RoK some of the features won't work due to being out of date. The Persona window for example.

I use the auto-update and update everyday but nothing has been fixed/updated yet. Was wondering if fixes were up and coming or or not.
Unread 11-18-2007, 05:32 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye
Send a message via MSN to Skinn

Thx for Update Faetyl.
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:05 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thor old buddy!

I got a new pimp ass Alienware laptop, and went to reinstall your UI, when it occured to me I hadnt talk to you or your wife in forever.
I hope you guys are doing well. Drop me an email sometime or a phone call, lemme know how your doing. Tell Claudia i said hi as well!

Much Love,

Alesis aka/Joneric
Unread 12-10-2007, 06:41 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Service Unavaliable

I have used the Thor UI for yrs now. I just moved and for some reason I get service unavaliable when I start up Thor. Can u tell me what the problem is. I have deleted everthing that I can find of the UI.

I have yet to find a UI I like as much as this one. Hopefully there is some simply answer to my littel problem. Ty
Unread 12-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Send a message via Yahoo to Faetyl

I recently moved to a new webhost that offers unlimited bandwidth (very much needed with all of the ThorUI users out there).

We had some minor issue with MIME file types and how they should be treated with the new webhost.

They assure me that all issues should now be resolved and appologize for any intteruption in service.

Please be aware that while the ThorUI AU is configured to be ran each time you wish to launch EQ2 and play the game (therefore ensuring you have the latest and greatest updates to any custom interface files) it is not required in order to play the game...

If you EVER experience an issue with the update site being down, simply launch the game via the EverQuestII game icon rather than using the ThorUI AU.
This will bypass the update process and allow you to play the game as normal.

If there is an issue with the ThorUI keeping you from playing EverQuestII simply delete the eq2.ini file in your everquest II directory then launch the game via the EverQuestII game icon. That will bypass using a user interface and allow you to play the game using the default user interface.

Hope this helps.

Happy gaming,
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 12-28-2007, 07:28 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye
Send a message via MSN to Skinn

Hey.
Please excuse my stupidness
I have somehow managed to turn my map into a mini map.
How do i return it to its normal size view please?
Unread 12-28-2007, 06:03 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinn View Post
Hey.
Please excuse my stupidness
I have somehow managed to turn my map into a mini map.
How do i return it to its normal size view please?
I believe there's a button in one of the top corners of the window that will toggle mini vs full size map display.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-20-2008, 02:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Problem with examine/description windows post GU42

Hello, I've used Thor UI for a long while, it's my absolute favorite

I haven't seen others complaining about this problem, in general (on SOE's side) or here from other users of Thor UI... but this is my issue:

Ever since GU42, sometimes something will be linked in guildchat, level chat, when the raid leader opens a chest and discovers {item}, etc. I click on it, and I don't get the description window up. Yet sometimes certain links DO work. I also notice this when I examine items in my bags. Some will show the description/stats/etc as normal, and some just don't appear. I know they are supposedly open because when I click on them again the option is close examine, and not examine. Yet I can't find the window.

It appears to randomly affect some items and not others.

I've tried using f10 to show all my windows, and resized the screen etc to see if they were showing up off to a spot I normally couldn't see on my screen... and I just can't figure out where/why these windows don't show.

Thanks for the advice

J
Unread 02-21-2008, 01:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdpath View Post
Hello, I've used Thor UI for a long while, it's my absolute favorite

I haven't seen others complaining about this problem, in general (on SOE's side) or here from other users of Thor UI... but this is my issue:

Ever since GU42, sometimes something will be linked in guildchat, level chat, when the raid leader opens a chest and discovers {item}, etc. I click on it, and I don't get the description window up. Yet sometimes certain links DO work. I also notice this when I examine items in my bags. Some will show the description/stats/etc as normal, and some just don't appear. I know they are supposedly open because when I click on them again the option is close examine, and not examine. Yet I can't find the window.

It appears to randomly affect some items and not others.

I've tried using f10 to show all my windows, and resized the screen etc to see if they were showing up off to a spot I normally couldn't see on my screen... and I just can't figure out where/why these windows don't show.

Thanks for the advice

J
Hmm, as I said - I don't see other people complaining here, so figured i'd put in a petition. I also happened to have a problem this morning where I was working on my transmuting using grey combines (t1 - using ulteran powder) and every 35 or so ( each combine uses 1 powder, and I had over 400 on me) I would open the recipie, and it would say 0/1 ulteran powders... in red. If I tried to begin it would say I lack the components. So I open my bag, and there is two nearly full stacks of powder... I notice a slight red tinge to the background of them in the bags. I try to combine the stacks by dragging one on the other, and it said "you cannot move a reserved item".

So I included that as a second question. The response I got from the GM was that both sound like related issues, which is probably caused by a glitch with the custom UI i'm using.

I have to take that with a grain of salt. Seeing as I have no idea how the UI could cause an item to not show in the recipie window AND return a message about a missing component AND cause the item to be prevented from being moved because it's a 'reserved item?' But the original issue where post GU42, about half of links/examine windows won't show does seem to be a ui issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

J
Unread 02-21-2008, 06:14 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The situation where I would expect this to happen (at least the recipe part) is if you used /loadui. If that was not it then it sounds like a server error (I never heard of reserved items, either the server glitched or your profile on the server is corrupt, at least that would be my guess).

Regarding the examine window they might be opening off screen (the game saves the position of each consecutive examine window, you might have moved one off screen). Solutions are to reset window positions in options, to /load_uisettings from an alt or just delete your uisettings.ini.
Unread 03-05-2008, 05:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Trouble with looting

Since the last update I can not lottery for looted items when in a group...message reads not compatible with my UI..
Can you help in this matter please and thank you.
Unread 03-05-2008, 06:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Befallen
Default No Lotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenee View Post
Since the last update I can not lottery for looted items when in a group...message reads not compatible with my UI..
Can you help in this matter please and thank you.
I had the same issue. Quick work around, do the following:

Go into your C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest II\UI\default directory (or wherever you installed it) and copy the "eq2ui_inventory_loot.xml" file to the ThorUI directory (rename the thorui file to .old or something similar)

Hope it helps!