EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-04-2014, 12:31 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown
Default Manually editing the eq2_uisettings.xml file?

Does anyone know what the name of the "NEW QUEST WINDOW" in the eq2_uisettings.xml file would be?

My problem is every time I start the game and go to get a new quest, the new quest window opens at the very bottom of the screen and I have to drag it up in the middle. Once I drag it up, it will stay there for the duration of my game play, even if I zone. I will save_uisettings but if I log out and log back in, it's back at the bottom of the screen.

I have narrowed the problem down to the Server_Charname_eq2_uisettings.xml file. I loaded up a brand new install of the game and the only thing I imported was the xml file and the problem persisted. I do not want to have to set up my whole new layout as I spent hours on aligning my bags and bank boxes and hot bars, etc, etc, etc.

So I'm thinking if I can just edit the xml file and manually set the coordinates for this window I will be set. I opened this file and see several different elements as displayed below:

Code:
<Window Name="Breath" alignment="5" alignment_offset="108,-286
<Window Name="Browser" alignment="8" alignment_offset="27,-73"
<Window Name="Casting" alignment="5" alignment_offset="107,-31
<Window Name="ChatOptions" alignment="7" alignment_offset="94,
<Window Name="Clock" alignment="3" alignment_offset="-293,-16"
<Window Name="Compass" alignment="1" alignment_offset="-321,1"
This is just a small subset of the file with easy to determine names. I just can't figure out which of the other element(s) in that file would control the location of the NEW QUEST WINDOW.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Unread 01-04-2014, 04:51 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxusofa178 View Post
Does anyone know what the name of the "NEW QUEST WINDOW" in the eq2_uisettings.xml file would be?

My problem is every time I start the game and go to get a new quest, the new quest window opens at the very bottom of the screen and I have to drag it up in the middle. Once I drag it up, it will stay there for the duration of my game play, even if I zone. I will save_uisettings but if I log out and log back in, it's back at the bottom of the screen.

I have narrowed the problem down to the Server_Charname_eq2_uisettings.xml file. I loaded up a brand new install of the game and the only thing I imported was the xml file and the problem persisted. I do not want to have to set up my whole new layout as I spent hours on aligning my bags and bank boxes and hot bars, etc, etc, etc.

So I'm thinking if I can just edit the xml file and manually set the coordinates for this window I will be set. I opened this file and see several different elements as displayed below:

Code:
<Window Name="Breath" alignment="5" alignment_offset="108,-286
<Window Name="Browser" alignment="8" alignment_offset="27,-73"
<Window Name="Casting" alignment="5" alignment_offset="107,-31
<Window Name="ChatOptions" alignment="7" alignment_offset="94,
<Window Name="Clock" alignment="3" alignment_offset="-293,-16"
<Window Name="Compass" alignment="1" alignment_offset="-321,1"
This is just a small subset of the file with easy to determine names. I just can't figure out which of the other element(s) in that file would control the location of the NEW QUEST WINDOW.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I believe the window that offers quests is called "RewardPack." It's interesting that you post about this, because I have one character that for the past few days has this same thing happening -- the new quest window keeps moving down the screen. Other characters don't seem to have this problem. /shrug

Unread 01-04-2014, 06:11 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Look in the file for entries similar to:

Code:
        <Window Name="RewardPack_clone_0" alignment="1" alignment_offset="9,187" size="334,313">
            <Properties clone_version="4" />
        </Window>
You might have several of them. Backup your UI settings file and then just delete all these RewardPack_clone_# entries. In this case I would delete all three lines.

When you start the game, the Quest window will appear in its default location near the top-left edge of the screen (does for me) and then move it where you want it. Sometimes the game gets confused if there are too many entries.

Hope that helps
Unread 01-07-2014, 04:25 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mysstie!!! This indeed fixed it!!!

Now, prior to reading this, I found another post about regarding the "eq2ui_popup_rewardpack.xml" file. By default this file is in the Games\Everquest II\UI\Default folder. I copied this file into my UI\EQ2MAP folder and edited the "location" field to "1127, 244" which was the x,y coordinates of where I wanted the window to pop up.

Now this worked for any characters without an existing uisettings.xml file. But for some reason I guess those entries in my existing uisettings file overrode the coordiates in the rewardpack file.

Bottom line, once I deleted all of the rewardpack_clone entries as you suggested from my characters' existing uisettings.xml file, it then pulled from the exact coordinates I set it at and has worked perfectly ever since! I'm sure your way works fine without manually editing the x,y coordinates - I just happened to do that first in my attempt to fix this on my own. So for anyone else reading this, I would try Mysstie's way first.

Again, thank you so much. I don't have to pull my hair out now.