EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 11-03-2020, 06:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Iconbar changing spell names and not working

I am having an issue with the iconbar spells i have added. They work fine when i added them but every time i log off the text changes from [useability "Dozekar's Resilience"] <--not with brackets in the actual text field. After i log back in the text changes to [Parent.Parent.Parent.MainHUD.WindowManager.DarqUI.IconBar.16.Charactername].

I have to change the text back to use the iconbar spells. Its only on stuff that doesn't get turned off very often and its not really a big thing. But it is annoying. Have been experiencing some lag due to the maintined spells monitor i think. I also noticed the broker might be causing it as well. i am testing it to see if i have improvements.
Unread 11-04-2020, 09:05 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Dozekar's Resilience has an apostrophe, so it needs to be cast using the Spell ID. Double-quotes won't work. If you use the DarqUI utility to configure the Icon Bar, it will replace the command automatically with the correct ID for spell names that have apostrophes or other non-alpha characters. If you don't want to use the utility, the command for Dozekar's Resilience is

useability 1263791720

You can still put the correct name (with apostrophe) into the tooltip slot.

The standard version of the Maintained Spell Monitor does still cause some lag and "hiccups" for many players. But a major re-write of that window is currently being tested over on the DarqUI companion site, and it's looking very good that we can return a vastly improved standard version into service soon.

After Darq Side members have all had a chance to try out the new standard monitor, it will most likely be added back to the DarqUI updater. Until then you can choose the "Lite" version and it will perform much more efficiently, but with a smaller feature set. I invite players to take a look at The Darq Side and think about joining us. There's a ton of cool new things being added and improved by the members, and it works out to about 10 cents per day. Which I think is an extremely good value.

Finally, there is not much in the broker window that would be contributing to lag, unless it's at the point where you do a search and the results are coming back from the server.

Thanks for your comments and please post again if you have any other issues.