EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 10-19-2007, 12:48 AM
A Grove Wisp
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Default DarkRoyale (fetish based UI) - LU 39 Compatible

I'm still trying to find my way around the forums here and how they (do or don't) interact with the downloads areas, so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong area.

I'm a BIG fan of Zonx's Fetish UI work and though I tried many of the UI's out there (and some features of this or that one I did enjoy)... but when I checked out Fetish the first time, I was hooked. I liked how every was more compact as I like screen real estate and how most of the windows could be "rolled up"... brilliant!

Well after a great deal of studying and tweaking and prodding and poking, I started creating a Theme for Fetish. The first one was a dark vampire styled theme (which I plan on redoing very soon and releasing) and later I moved to doing a dark blue one with gold accents (which became DarkRoyale). As I was learning how to skin the various elements I came up with some... deviations of elements from the standard Fetish UI.

I really didn't want the sound controls or the video ones, which I would tend to accidently click and then having a help button on most of the windows caused more accidental clicking (maybe I'm accidental click prone, who knows?). I also wanted some reset buttons for some of the fields for easier searching and data management.

So I've come up with something more of a Motif for Fetish that does use some non-standard elements. However I wanted to be respectful of the author's work so I have included standard Fetish versions of things I messed with, like the start button and I gather that some folks probably do use things like the video modes for raiding.

Anyways, I've posted my DarkRoyale UI here: http://www.eq2interface.com/download...ompatible.html

It does have a few compilation style features included like POI finder integration (auto updater works fine), EQ2Map support and skinning (auto updater works fine), Cleanfonts fonts, but nothing too outlandish.

Please do give it a look and see what you think. It should be "comfortable" with most Fetish fans. As always, this is a work in progress.

I also implemented some LU 38 and 39 "fixes" that I'm sure Zonx will tend to in the Fetish Nightfall releases but I wanted the functionality in there now. I will also attempt to mirror any tweaks or fixes that arise in the Nightfall releases.

Update Compatibilities:

- Appearance Equipment appears in DarkRoyale when Inspecting other characters (LU 38)
- Support for Detrimental Effects bar (LU 39)
- Support for Guild Bank Naming and Settings Window (LU 39)

Thanks for looking and happy adventuring!

Netherworks

-----
Things on the way (post will be updated at things are changed/added):

- Clear Button for Waypoint Coordinates on Map (in testing)
- Player Window now features 2 toggle buttons: Hide/Show Group Members (useful for Solo Play), Hide/Show Maintained Spells (in testing)
- Slightly slimmer Effects/Detrimental Effects bar with a bit smaller icons (in testing)
- List Style view for Maintained Spells (in testing) - original Fetish style will be included and the filename appended with "_original_".

Suggestions are welcome. Not all ideas can be implemented, unfortunately.

Last edited by Netherworks : 10-19-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Unread 10-19-2007, 12:56 AM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen

you should probably put this in the released section, ask dolby to move it to the appropriate forum.

drago.
Unread 10-19-2007, 03:30 PM
A Grove Wisp

Thanks! and done!

-----

Kaldu/Naluu, founders of Sinister Shiney Seekers guild on Crushbone.
Unread 10-24-2007, 08:47 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: The Bazaar
Question

Well, I've begun using your UI and, overall, I like it. However I have one problem and am wondering whether it's an issue with the UI, Sony and the CA fires, or whatever.

I'm Promotions Officer for our guild and thus have a need to see the "Joined On" date for new guildies. However, that date does not show on my system. I can see the words "Joined On" but there's no date there. Is this a bug? Feature? Wha' hoppen????

Unread 10-24-2007, 04:54 PM
A Grove Wisp

It appears there was an issue with the cleanfont font size and the Joined Date, where the date was being "cut off" and not shown.

I have fixed this on both DarkSoul and DarkRoyale and both packages are updated to 1.1c - simply redownload. However, I did need to shorten both the notes and officer notes boxes slightly

Thanks for pointing out that issue.

- Netherworks

-----

Kaldu/Naluu, founders of Sinister Shiney Seekers guild on Crushbone.
Unread 10-25-2007, 07:05 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: The Bazaar

Thank you for the promptness of the fix. Re-DLing now. Off to Qeynos this morning. Heh heh.