EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 07-12-2007, 05:05 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default zarzuUI mods

thread for feature requests, bug reports and problems with my mods.

chat
raid
group
target
player
hotbar

Last edited by Zarzu : 07-20-2007 at 11:06 AM.
Unread 07-15-2007, 10:41 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

I put these in my UI and the player window works like a champ but I can't get the target window's to come up. Just nothing there at all... in combat or out of it.
Unread 07-15-2007, 05:31 PM
A Brown Bear

you have to bring it up first, default it's alt+t, just check your options under controllers for the windows to show up, you have to do the same for the implied target, just once of course.
Unread 07-17-2007, 02:29 PM
A Brown Bear

oh ok I see it now. I like it alot since I'm a big fan of keeping my ui to a minimum and having alot of functionality. Only thing I've seen that might make me not use it is I see no easy way to see con. Am I over looking something? How do I know if something is heroic or epic besides hovering over it? Otherwise I like it alot, it just get's me in trouble.
Unread 07-17-2007, 07:23 PM
A Brown Bear

there's no way to see the con, i removed it because of redundancy as you already see it by looking at the 3d npc version.
i see the problem with not knowing whether it's epic or heroic though but i haven't figured out an intelligent solution yet because i use the arrow con system and the only way to see whether something is epic there is by checking the string that normally is below the health bar, and i don't think i am able to cut it. with the other con system i'd be able to put a picture in for epics, but then there are only like 4 distinctions not as many as with the arrow system, so that's not an option, i actually haven't checked whether you can use the same pattern for the arrow con system to get whether a mob is epic, would have to check that.

what i also have noticed is that it's kinda stupid that there is no lvl indication, not a problem for my lvl 70 chars but for twinks it really matters.

i hope i'll get around to post an updated version tomorrow that fixes some of this.
Unread 07-17-2007, 08:31 PM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

Um I have your group window in and there are no bars. I am using profitUI

but from the code it looks like its just using the default bar definitions. Not sure exactly where the problem is but I will keep looking.

Unread 07-17-2007, 08:42 PM
A Brown Bear

you also don't have any when the other members aren't at 100%?
or you can just rightclick and pick frame from the dropdown and then attack something, if it doesn't show up then there has to be some kind of bug, but hasn't happened to me yet.

/edit i just saw that i didn't put the image file with the group window even though i should have, just updated it... sry for that (shouldn't make a difference in the bars showing up though)

Last edited by Zarzu : 07-17-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Unread 07-18-2007, 09:43 AM
A Brown Bear

ok I'll keep a watch on it for updates. I really need the con and lvl of the creature (I play a lvl 35 right now). If your able to find a way to fix it I'll happily switch back. I really love the lack of clutter of these targets. Another small note (you don't even have to look into it if you don't want to) you could check into making the bars shrink some. Smaller is better lol.
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:50 AM
A Brown Bear

well i played around with the heroic epic stuff and it really would be no problem to get the information out of the textfield where it is by default and add small images for epic heroic etc, the problem atm is that i don't see a possibility to update this information as its not a dynamic data and the game only fills it into one object which has to be a text, sadly there is no onchange event for a text object. i also can't update it on another event as level or name change is happening before the con change meaning i will always be looking at the con information of the last targeted mob.

so atm i have no clue how to do it.
Unread 07-18-2007, 12:56 PM
A Brown Bear

I'm not a coder but I wish you the best of luck... have you looked at Wildsong's updated target and implied target for /con_version 2? That might give you something.
Unread 07-18-2007, 03:49 PM
A Brown Bear

after playing around more i found out that the arrow con indication is still being updated even when using the other con system, so what i did is the following:
- added a level indication in both con systems
- you can see whether the selected mob is heroic or epic in the triangle on the left (you'll see an h for heroic or an e for epic), this also let's you differentiate between heroics and epics in an epic encounter. [this is only available in the non arrow con system]
- added arrow tier indication in the non arrow con system in the target and implied target window, so you don't miss out on the exact con.
- added a modded proxyactor.xml which hides the level indication and the fancy window around the name of the 3d model when using the non arrow con system (this is optional)
Unread 07-18-2007, 04:14 PM
A Brown Bear

sweet Zarzu your my new hero
I'm really happy you figured it out!! Sorry about being such a bother but I really loved the look of these frames and now they are perfect by the look of the new screenshot! Kudo's to you... DLing and trying these tonight.
Unread 07-19-2007, 06:33 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Najena

IRT: zarzu's transparent target.

Did you possibly not upload the correct new version? I still get no level or ^ indication and proxyactor.xml is not in the zip either. Also the numeric indication of the target's health is partially cut off and I can not resize it to correct the problem.
Love this mod so far, just want to see the level and ^ indication and it'll be perfect.

Thanks,
SV
Unread 07-19-2007, 06:46 PM
A Brown Bear

wow i am really sorry for that, i was kinda confused why the date wasn't updated and why there was only one instead of two versions in the update but didn't download it to check then (didn't check the checkbox for a new file upload... silly)

the new version is up now (needs approval atm, but that's normally done within minutes)

Last edited by Zarzu : 07-19-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Unread 07-19-2007, 07:44 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Najena

It is perfect now, thanks!

SV
Unread 07-21-2007, 01:11 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Default woo hoo!

Very useful!!!
Love it!
Sure cleaned things up, and even noticed less choppiness when in hi detail!!
Thanks

--------
Please make more like this!!
like...
compass transparent when in battle
mini journal also
Was this mod easy to do? Feel like pasting the portion of code that did it so that i may edit my own files?
Thanks
5/5 !!
Unread 07-21-2007, 01:55 PM
A Brown Bear

it's pretty simple i have a page object which takes dynamic data self.ishated then in the onshow/onhides you change the visibility of the objects, for the mouse over stuff you just have onhoverin/onhoverout events in the mainpage which change the visibility of a page object and the objects you want, then you change the onhide event of the self.ishated page object to change to the hoverin/out page visibility instead of just false, i can paste and explain it after raids if you like, it's not much code.
Unread 07-21-2007, 03:02 PM
A Mist Grinnin

That would be great!
thanks allot, and please... keep up the great work
Unread 07-21-2007, 08:29 PM
A Brown Bear

just uploaded a new version because there was still a small bug in it which i didn't care to fix as i didn't really intend to upload this mod first.

now about the code:

i put in three new objects which are not visible:
Code:
<Page DynamicData="/GameData.Self.IsHated" Name="ShowTrigger" />
<Page Name="OnHoverOpacity" Visible="True" />
<Page Name="HoverOpacity" Visible="False" />
the object called ShowTrigger has always visible==true when you're in combat and visible==false else.
OnHoverOpacity should define what visibility the window has when hover over
HoverOpacity should be visible on hover over and invisible on hover out

in the mainpage (meaning the one that actually defines the window):
Code:
OnHoverIn="Icons.Visible=OnHoverOpacity.Visible||ShowTrigger.Visible WindowFrame.Visible=OnHoverOpacity.Visible||ShowTrigger.Visible HoverOpacity.Visible=OnHoverOpacity.Visible"
icons and windowframe are two opjects in the window which should be visible or invisible, you can only have one or hundred different ones.
so, if you hover over the object those objects will either get visible when OnHoverOpacity==true or if you are in combat (ShowTrigger==true), it also sets HoverOpacity to the OnHoverOpacity.

Similar the hover out:
Code:
OnHoverOut="Icons.Visible=ShowTrigger.Visible WindowFrame.Visible=ShowTrigger.Visible HoverOpacity.Visible=False"
the objects now only depend on whether you are in combat or not and HoverOpacity is set to false as you leave the hotbar.

now we add the following to ShowTrigger:
Code:
onShow="parent.Icons.Visible=True parent.WindowFrame.Visible=True" onHide="parent.Icons.Visible=parent.HoverOpacity.Visible parent.WindowFrame.Visible=parent.HoverOpacity.Visible"
meaning, if you are in combat the objects icons and windowframe should show up, if you exit combat both of those objects should take the HoverOpacity.

well everything works now actually, the only thing missing is the point where you can change from one option to the other:
Code:
<Page Name="LeftGrouper" OnHide="parent.parent.ShowTrigger.Visible=False parent.parent.ShowTrigger.DynamicData='/GameData.Self.IsHated'" OnShow="parent.parent.ShowTrigger.Visible=True parent.parent.ShowTrigger.DynamicData=''"/>
the leftgrouper is just an element that is hidden when you turn of the titlebar (is in all windows where you find a titlebar, but also works in all the others), so if you turn it off ShowTrigger gets turned on or off by combat action, if you have it on it loses the DynamicData.

and for the third option:
Code:
<Page Name="Frame" OnHide="parent.parent.OnHoverOpacity.Visible=False" OnShow="parent.parent.OnHoverOpacity.Visible=True"/>
the frame is also a default window element that is just invisible when turned off via window settings, so if you turn it of you won't be able to see the invisble/visible objects on hover over, if you turn it on, you'll see them.

i hope this is kind of understandable, if not, feel free to ask.

/edit oh yea, if you want this inversed, meaning only show the items out of combat then you can add a new element let's call it InversedShowTrigger that looks exactly like ShowTrigger but without the dynamic data, then you substitute the OnShow event in the ShowTrigger with parent.InversedShowTrigger.Visible=false and the OnHide event with parent.InversedShowTrigger.Visible=true and you would also have to edit all references to ShowTrigger in the other objects to InversedShowTrigger.

Last edited by Zarzu : 07-21-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Unread 08-04-2007, 01:57 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Default Love the clean look...one glitch

when you click to cure, you lose your target. Died before I realized that all the spells I thought I was casting were going nowhere. Is it possible to make click to cure not lose the target? (I think this is probably the case on your group window too). Thanks for a really great mod!
Unread 08-04-2007, 08:04 PM
A Brown Bear

i just copied the click to cure over from somewhere else and didn't test em much because i don't use em, i'll see if i find time to fix it in the next days.
Unread 11-06-2007, 03:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Chat Window

I love your chat window mod, however the 'dead space' is causing a few issues as I keep wanting to place it next to my hotbars.

Any chance you could do a second version of this without the close button at all
Unread 12-11-2007, 03:31 PM
A Grove Wisp

Default Group Window Request

I use all of your mods and really enjoy your "if you don't need it you don't see it" approach.

I would like to request one addition to the group window...or if you could maybe tell me how to see this with the current version that would be great.

When group members are not in the same zone as me, I can't tell what zone they are in. What can I say? I'm not going to wait around form some silly-head to shop and stuff when I need to fill a group spot...so I like to keep tabs on folks. If they aren't making their way to me..../boot.