EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 02-25-2006, 08:05 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTravesty
Hacing issues with the AU, I installed and start updating, and right away on the first file it gets stuck at 25% every time, the file is thor_ui_autoupdate.ex_ I believe. Here is the log file:
Check your firewall software. Almost all of the issues we see with this type of download are because your anti-spyware / firewall / anti-virus software hates this type of download.
Unread 02-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Send a message via Yahoo to Faetyl

That's NOT ThorUI AU...

This is an oooooooold version of ThorUI v4.8.3 which used setup factory to package the files and deliver.
It wasn't a virus although it's certainly possible you may have picked up a tainted version of it...
Where did you get it, cause it's not offered here any longer?

Why are you asking about a version that's half a year old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade2074
My virus scanner just detected the following:

Is this known, I know sometimes they can be false positives?
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 02-25-2006, 08:18 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Most virus scanners look for behavior paterns in an effort to detect previously unknown viruses/trojans. Its probably seeing calls to known download automation hooks, doesn't recognize the updater as coming from a trusted vendor, and just assumes its evil.

There's probably an option somewhere in the virus scanner to tell it to ignore the updater.

lol, or maybe its so bloddy old it has been infected.
Unread 02-25-2006, 09:00 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Problem with ThorUI InfoCenter

Ok. I'm sure its something I did wrong. But I'll be hanged if I know what. Per the recommendation back at first of Feb I deleted my ThorUI folder and adjusted my advanced options to load InfoCenter. Ran update as noraml and also EQMap updater. Ran EQII and thought all was fine. till I went to pick up some new writs and found that all the Info tabs (Heritage, Writs, others) were missing. All I get is the basic Active, Collections, & Completed tabs. I get no Info from my InfoCenter .

I reloaded my backup of the ThorUI directory and ran if nothing happened. And found that my info center still gives no info. (I had a working variety b4.. now I got nadda) .

I again dropped to the baseline and deleted my entire ThorUI directory and started from scratch. I still get no Info tabs from it. Please please please tell me it a simply known item. I need my writ and HQ info in my Journal I gotta have it. I just gotta. .

Thanks for the great UI and help.

Unread 02-25-2006, 10:52 PM
A Griffawn

The problem is you are looking in the wrong place for the info my friend.
It is no longer in the Journal. If you are using the start button that comes with Thor UI then hover over one of the books and it should say Info Center when you hover over it. Click it and whalla you will have your info. Most UI's have taken the info out of the Journal because Sony keeps tweaking the Journal xml file and breaking stuff others are trying to customize within it.

Hope this info helps.

Drunador
Unread 02-26-2006, 11:50 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
That's NOT ThorUI AU...

This is an oooooooold version of ThorUI v4.8.3 which used setup factory to package the files and deliver.
It wasn't a virus although it's certainly possible you may have picked up a tainted version of it...
Where did you get it, cause it's not offered here any longer?

Why are you asking about a version that's half a year old?
I know the one that is highlighted is old, but I thought there was some more recent ones in there too. I've obviously been using ThorUI for quite a long time (after all I do very much enjoy the interface).

This is however a new virus scanner and the results of the virus scan weren't what I was expecting. I know that you can sometimes get false positives and I had suspected that this may be the case here which is why I brought it up. I download all my files from here on this web site (honestly I wouldn't trust any other). I was just wondering if you had seen this come up before.

It seems you haven't though which is a bit concerning to me. My understanding is that the virus scanner I now have (kaspersky) is somewhat popular - I was told its very good as well - though I know that no scanner is perfect. I suppose it is possible it could have been infected after the fact, but honestly I've never had any problems before and I don't download from any questionable sites. I also know though that sometimes even the nicest people with the best intentions could have unexpected things pop up on them which is the other reason I bring it up - just to make you aware that I did get these results. I figured it wouldn't hurt to double check right?

This very well could be an algorithm misinterpreting the down loader.
Unread 02-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I would assume it's seeing the install actions as a virus.
I scanned all my previous files with Trend Micro, McAfee, and Norton because I didn't want to infect anyone. EQ2Interface also check all files before allowing them to be available to the public.

Overall, I'd recommend deleting the file and using the new version of ThorUI AU (I can't imagine it would be usable with all the SOE interface changes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade2074
I know the one that is highlighted is old, but I thought there was some more recent ones in there too. I've obviously been using ThorUI for quite a long time (after all I do very much enjoy the interface).

This is however a new virus scanner and the results of the virus scan weren't what I was expecting. I know that you can sometimes get false positives and I had suspected that this may be the case here which is why I brought it up. I download all my files from here on this web site (honestly I wouldn't trust any other). I was just wondering if you had seen this come up before.

It seems you haven't though which is a bit concerning to me. My understanding is that the virus scanner I now have (kaspersky) is somewhat popular - I was told its very good as well - though I know that no scanner is perfect. I suppose it is possible it could have been infected after the fact, but honestly I've never had any problems before and I don't download from any questionable sites. I also know though that sometimes even the nicest people with the best intentions could have unexpected things pop up on them which is the other reason I bring it up - just to make you aware that I did get these results. I figured it wouldn't hurt to double check right?

This very well could be an algorithm misinterpreting the down loader.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 02-27-2006, 12:08 PM
A Grove Wisp

Done and Done

Thank you for being patient with me hehe. I think this was definately one of those false positives as another poster sort of implied.

Sorry for the scare! Nothing to see here, move along move along.
Unread 02-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

lol, no trouble

Better safe than sorry.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 03-06-2006, 05:44 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Default Contact me MrNice

Post is for MrNice.
Please contact me if your still around.

My email and private messages must not be getting to you.

Thor/Faetyl vbmenu_register("postmenu_41541", true);
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 03-23-2006, 05:06 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nagafen
Default Journal quest help

Hello i need to know how to get the journal quest helper up i have it checked in the updated but when i go into the journal your quest info/help center is not there .is it suppoed to be there or is there a comand to get it to come up?
Unread 03-23-2006, 05:10 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nagafen
Default Opps

Opps sorry hun i know what to do now sorry for taking up space
Unread 05-28-2006, 02:31 AM
A Forest Scavenger

is there any way to disable thorui updater to update the eq2.ini?
i have cl_movies_enabled 0 in my ini and thorui thinks that the ini needs updating and replace it.
i tried readonly ini but then thorui updater stops with error
Unread 05-28-2006, 07:38 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslocum
is there any way to disable thorui updater to update the eq2.ini?
i have cl_movies_enabled 0 in my ini and thorui thinks that the ini needs updating and replace it.
i tried readonly ini but then thorui updater stops with error
Do you have the Do Not Update If Local File Is Newer option checked?

Not sure if this will protect the eq2.ini file from being overwritten, but just a thought.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 05-28-2006, 10:43 AM
A Forest Scavenger

ah thx i dont saw this option.. i searched in the advanced *g*
Unread 05-31-2006, 02:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

when i try and access the window wizard i get the following error.
it happens the moment i click on the button.

access violation at address 0067C81E in module thor_ui_autoupdate.exe
read address FFFFFFFF

it still opens the window wizard but it will not let me set anything as it says
that my eq res doesnt match.

ive uninstalled and reinstalled but same error.
Unread 05-31-2006, 09:38 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Ah, I think I know what this is.

You're game resolution needs to match the UI layout resolution you are selecting.

Launch EQ2Settings.exe and set your in game resolution to match the layout you are selecting within the Window Wizard.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 06-25-2006, 06:54 PM
A Brown Bear

Howdy all,

Well I just came back into playing EQ2 and downloaded the UI since this was the one I loved when I played almost a year ago... Here is my situation...

I downloaded the file, did the install and told the install to put the files as follows: c:..../sony/EverQuest II/ it did the install and created the thorui folder when I rean the program it installed a folder in the following location: c:..../sony/EverQuest II/UI/thorui What I am having a problem is that it has two (2) thorui folders each with a different set of files... I understand that one is for the updater and one is for the updated files or xml files.. But what happens is this.. I keep having to do a download from Sony each time I launch from the Thor UI Auto Updater... If I launch from EQ2MAP UpDater or from the EQ2.exe it goes right to where I left off..

Mind you I don't mind having to get some updates every now and then but 2 - 4 hours of updates is a joke...

I have turned off the update newer files as well so that it does not keep updating my mainhud-shutdow xml causing me to loose my settings...

Just looking for some help as to why this is happening.. I am getting to the point where I think I will have to uninstall the whole dang program and start all over again..

Peace,
Unread 06-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

You should install the ThorUI AU application in C:\Program File\thorui
The UI files go in Ever Quest II\UI\thorui

That may be your first issue.
Next, be sure eq2map is set to know you are using thorui.
It should detect it automatically.

You can also setup ThorUI AU to automatically launch the eq2map updater then the eq2map updater can launch EQ2

Let me know if i didn't help at all and need to take another stab at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrain
Howdy all,

Well I just came back into playing EQ2 and downloaded the UI since this was the one I loved when I played almost a year ago... Here is my situation...

I downloaded the file, did the install and told the install to put the files as follows: c:..../sony/EverQuest II/ it did the install and created the thorui folder when I rean the program it installed a folder in the following location: c:..../sony/EverQuest II/UI/thorui What I am having a problem is that it has two (2) thorui folders each with a different set of files... I understand that one is for the updater and one is for the updated files or xml files.. But what happens is this.. I keep having to do a download from Sony each time I launch from the Thor UI Auto Updater... If I launch from EQ2MAP UpDater or from the EQ2.exe it goes right to where I left off..

Mind you I don't mind having to get some updates every now and then but 2 - 4 hours of updates is a joke...

I have turned off the update newer files as well so that it does not keep updating my mainhud-shutdow xml causing me to loose my settings...

Just looking for some help as to why this is happening.. I am getting to the point where I think I will have to uninstall the whole dang program and start all over again..

Peace,
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 07-13-2006, 09:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

all the directions ive been given to fix my inventory issues dont work...i have done these things...
*deleted inventory files out of folder and updated
*deleted inventory files out of folder and played with no update
*turned inventory off in advanced settings (files deleted or not)
*uninstalled and reinstalled
*got remote access from my computer/gamer guru and kept all the directions windows open so he could see how i had it set up...and he said i did it right as per the directions

nothing works...i might have to stop using this UI and thats bad cuz its my favorite and the best one ive seen as far as i can tell...but i cant play without being able to see my armor packs weapons and how much money i have and wether or not i need mending...

this is depressing

ps hey faetyl ill even give ya remote access to my computer if you have msn im and let ya look at it for me *wink*

Last edited by Donnelaith : 07-13-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Unread 07-14-2006, 02:00 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

FYI to others that may also be experiencing issues.

Donnelaith's trouble was related to the ThorUI AU application being installed in the EverQuest II\UI\thorui directory.
Note: When you install the AU, you should allow it to install to the default location of C:\Program Files\thorui unless you have a good reason to move it. It will work in other locations just shouldn't ever go in the directory where the actual ui files go.

If this is your issue as well simply uninstall and then reinstall to the default location.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 07-14-2006, 09:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks again for helping me get that handled...I was in the best of moods and smiling again after the problem was figured out and fixed. Your the best
Unread 07-22-2006, 09:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Update server is locked?

Heya

Just tried to run the AU and got the following:

Quote:
Welcome to Thor UI Auto Update!
EXCEPTION in GetAFile
Local File Name: C:\thorui\lock.txt
Remote RULhttp://thorui.thorsparks.com/autoupdate/lock.txt
Socket Error # 10061
Connection refused.
Update Server is locked. Please try again later!
Reinstalled the AU and still the same...any ideas?
Unread 07-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Webhost was down...

It's actually on my todo list to move the files over to eq2interface.com

The AU programmer has gone MIA (Missing in Action) so i'm all alone on those issues again.

Which brings me to a good question...
Any experienced/trusted programmers out their want to lend a hand working on the next AU version for ThorUI?
Contact me...
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 07-23-2006, 01:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Webhost was down...

Well now, isn't that an obvious one!