Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-04-2005, 11:32 AM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by invokebane
Love V5! Atleast from the screenies I been heavyly debating to switch to a themed UI. I think V5 just bout has me doing it.

One thing though.......

My main is a 50 necro, would LOVE to beable to replace the hotbar under the target with my pet health/commands. At the very least could you supple a blank image to put there so i can drag the pet window over it? I mean a cool graphical pet window would rock but just need some place to put basic one now. I have a UI one which is the length of a hotbar.

Maybe shrink or limit the space on the 3 hotbars on the right and put it in there as well i dunno

thanks for all you have done. You truely are taking peoples EQ2 experience to the next level!

-Invokebane
elysiumguild.com
Crushbone

My main is also a necro not quite lv 50 yet though. I started using this mod at revision 4, and made some modifications myself as to add my pet health/power with percentages below the target. I plan on doing the same with version 5, and I'll post a screen cap once I'm done. If you like my results then I'll post my little mod.
Unread 03-04-2005, 11:54 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Antonia Bayle

The special hotkey bar that you made for me before with the labels worked on version 4. In version 5 the background on it is black now instead of grey. Anyway I could have the grey back
Unread 03-04-2005, 12:20 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Beta 1

So where is the V5 or even the V4 mod to download? Not showing up =(... Also when you make an .INI file could you just make a very basic one with just the layout and no chat setting (I dunno if this is how the last .ini you just posted was setup or not since I cant find the new latest download to try it with) Or if you could make an English version where Guilde = Guild and Groupe=Group (Thats really my only annoyance with how it is atm hehe, dunno why its not modifying it when we make the corrections ourself)

Few things that I have added to make my life better are:

full-size bag (inset grab handle, close button; no frame, titlebar, backdrop, dead space)
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3382

3/4 hotbar (with bank, labels; no background, no frame, no overlap)
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3490
(I have like 8 hot bars up so if they have the BG on them they tend to block out alot of the screen for me even at 1600X1200 =))

depechenode's Advanced Inventory w/Stats (Has rare harvest info also)
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3483

Map Mod
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3391

Vaggy
47 Warden - Najena
Unread 03-04-2005, 12:58 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Crushbone
Send a message via AIM to invokebane
Default hmm

Hey thanks for the quick reply. I use a pet bar i found here on these boards.

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3472

If you could just a skin on it so i can replace that one hotbar it would be wicked!

As for smaller icons well standard shrink is to 3/4 size and it seems any smaller and you just cant click them fast enough to cast on raids hehe But like i said if the space between each bar and inside the hotbars was taken out then it would be more then enough compack to add something on the top.

Also would like to point out that the maintain window can get very big and i love where it is now on the side, maintain on one side, and buff on the other. I did drop in the 3/4 mod on this tho.
Unread 03-04-2005, 01:14 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Hey thanks for the quick reply. I use a pet bar i found here on these boards.

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3472

If you could just a skin on it so i can replace that one hotbar it would be wicked!

As for smaller icons well standard shrink is to 3/4 size and it seems any smaller and you just cant click them fast enough to cast on raids hehe But like i said if the space between each bar and inside the hotbars was taken out then it would be more then enough compack to add something on the top.

Also would like to point out that the maintain window can get very big and i love where it is now on the side, maintain on one side, and buff on the other. I did drop in the 3/4 mod on this tho.

Here's a screen cap of my pet mod for release 4. I plan on doing the same for release 5. I didn't add any pet buttons just the health/power info. I use the hotbars for my pet commands. Also added Norrath time at the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	necro.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	1620  
Unread 03-04-2005, 02:46 PM
A Sea Turtle

I got the bottom left chat window open, but I have no tabs in either chat.
Unread 03-04-2005, 02:56 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaror
I got the bottom left chat window open, but I have no tabs in either chat.
When you replace your existing eq2 ui settings INI file with the one posted, it resets your tabs, chat channels, etc.... so you'll have to re-make them all again.
Unread 03-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost

Well I got mine tweaked up and here it is:

Thanks again TyJae, Perdition, and everyone else that contributed to this great UI setup.
Unread 03-04-2005, 08:27 PM
A Grove Wisp

Thumbs Up

Heh, well I deleted all the old folders and such and just did a fresh install with the UI, and it works perfectly fine now. :b The Journal problem seemed to have fixed itself with a simple restart of EQ2.

I did play with the bars and they should stay where they are. Though I still think that they should be the larger, thicker bars than the smaller, thinner ones.

My EverQuest 2 screenshots can be seen at: http://photobucket.com/albums/v453/Khandor/
Unread 03-04-2005, 08:36 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Thumbs Up hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
Here's a screen cap of my pet mod for release 4. I plan on doing the same for release 5. I didn't add any pet buttons just the health/power info. I use the hotbars for my pet commands. Also added Norrath time at the bottom.
Wow that rocks Mackgee! Please email me the update at [email protected] thanks!

Also what happens if no pet? just black? Wondering on alt chars...

:nana :
Unread 03-04-2005, 11:52 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Oggok
Default Don't have my size?

Am I the only one using 1024 x 768?

I tried both of the sizes but the windows will not fit horizontally. For example, on the top, everything fits until the chat screen that will barely fit on the side if I make the window very small horizontally. Anyone know what I should do about this? I'm really interested in this mod.
Unread 03-05-2005, 12:13 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudav
Am I the only one using 1024 x 768?

I tried both of the sizes but the windows will not fit horizontally. For example, on the top, everything fits until the chat screen that will barely fit on the side if I make the window very small horizontally. Anyone know what I should do about this? I'm really interested in this mod.
aye you are, heh that is such a small res. these are made for 1280x1024 or 1600x1200 only. YOu will have to get the oringal version for 1024x768.
Unread 03-05-2005, 12:17 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Wow that rocks Mackgee! Please email me the update at [email protected] thanks!

Also what happens if no pet? just black? Wondering on alt chars...

:nana :
As I said that is release 4.. I'll do the same here this weekend for release 5, and then post it. and yes if you don't have a pet it's all black and says "No Pet"
Unread 03-05-2005, 12:31 AM
A Brown Bear

Is there anyway to change my resolution... I was never given the option

I don't know much about computers, but is there any specific reason that they ONLY let me choose 1024 x 768? I wanted to see different resolutions, but I can't =/ is it my monitor or what?
Unread 03-05-2005, 12:41 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

it could be your monitor, or your video card.
Unread 03-05-2005, 02:07 AM
A Brown Bear

Thanks for the info. Looks like it is my video card... just played around with some setting and my screen resolution is maxed at 1024 x 768. I downloaded the latest drivers on my card, and now it has a section when I right click the icon on the toolbar that has resolution, the max is also 1024 x 768.

So, my options are basically stay with 1024 x 768 or shell out money for a new card?
Unread 03-05-2005, 02:28 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Send a message via AIM to taco-man Send a message via MSN to taco-man Send a message via Yahoo to taco-man

yep, what card do you have anyway?
Unread 03-05-2005, 02:43 AM
A Brown Bear

NVidia Gefore FX 5200 Ultra

Got it for FFXI, and luckily it still worked for EQ2. Too bad it has low resolution though =/... How small does stuff appear for you all with such high resolution anyway? I mean, for me everything appears decent sized... *imagines all the pixels packed tighter*

I guess I won't be able to use this UI I really wanted too. After looking over it, I can't imagine anyway to have it fit into 1024 x 768 without taking pieces off, stacking, or making it look ugly. It was a really good UI though, I definitely would have liked to use it alot. I don't like the original version as much because only the top is like it, and the bottom is not. I like my stuff to match.
Unread 03-05-2005, 03:20 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
Damn I'm not able to make the norrath time working, could you please post your groupmember xml file ?

If you update your pet bar and you are ok I will include it in the package
Unread 03-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudav
Thanks for the info. Looks like it is my video card... just played around with some setting and my screen resolution is maxed at 1024 x 768. I downloaded the latest drivers on my card, and now it has a section when I right click the icon on the toolbar that has resolution, the max is also 1024 x 768.

So, my options are basically stay with 1024 x 768 or shell out money for a new card?
You maximum resolution capabilities are more likely to be restricted by your monitor, and not your video card. What type of monitor do you have?
Unread 03-05-2005, 09:09 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by perdition
Damn I'm not able to make the norrath time working, could you please post your groupmember xml file ?

If you update your pet bar and you are ok I will include it in the package

Just duplicate your Earth Time and rename the DynamicData:

/GameData.General.Time

That's it.. I deleted the Guild status, but after was thinking it might be good to locate it under the AC and ATK on theplayer window..
Unread 03-05-2005, 11:55 AM
A Brown Bear

Dumb question I think.

I like lots of open space, so I have my entire top of the screen fade out unless I mouse over them.

This works great, except the chat area in the upper right, it is opposite what it should be. If I set the NORMAL slider to off, and mouseover to full power, the window reacts exactly opposite.

It should be off until I mouseover it, but its remains on and when I mouseover it disappears!

Is this reversed for a reason? I'm not asking to have it fixed, Im just curious.
Unread 03-05-2005, 12:19 PM
A Griffon

Do you have your letter box enabled ?
Unread 03-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwagmire
Dumb question I think.

I like lots of open space, so I have my entire top of the screen fade out unless I mouse over them.

This works great, except the chat area in the upper right, it is opposite what it should be. If I set the NORMAL slider to off, and mouseover to full power, the window reacts exactly opposite.

It should be off until I mouseover it, but its remains on and when I mouseover it disappears!

Is this reversed for a reason? I'm not asking to have it fixed, Im just curious.
I noticed that the opacity settings on that window are backwards as well.
Unread 03-05-2005, 01:32 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itanius
You maximum resolution capabilities are more likely to be restricted by your monitor, and not your video card. What type of monitor do you have?
I'm not sure how to tell, but on my monitor it says "HP Pavilion f50". I can't find anywhere that has more information about my monitor on my computer. You'd think it would be on Control Panel or something.