EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 04-23-2020, 11:50 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Bag and bank icon backgrounds too dark

This could be a eq2 thing and unchangeable but I am curious if there is anyway to brighten up the icons and/or the background color of the individual cells themselves. For instance, chain user looting a plate item. In the bags the cells are as dark as this Message box on eq2interface, maybe even darker. The cell that holds that armor icon is so dark that when I am salvaging, I think I see a hint of deep red. The only way to see it really is to hover over the cell

;tldr Is there a way to brighten the cells in bags/bank
Unread 04-23-2020, 01:04 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The file below lightens icon backgrounds slightly. Unzip it and drop it into the \UI\DarqUI_v3\images\icons folder. (Depending on which theme you use, if any, you may have to create the \icons folder first.) Note this will lighten icon backgrounds in other places besides bags.

If you're handy with Photoshop, you can experiment with other transparency values. The 42x42 "glow" behind icons is found in the upper right-hand corner of the DDS image. I adjusted the alpha channel to make it brighter in the modified file below.

Attached Files
File Type: zip lighter_icon_transp1.zip (3.8 KB, 210 views)
Unread 04-24-2020, 07:21 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thank you and wow what a difference. I copied that new file to every theme type folder that can use it. The icons are still dark but but I can now see from 4 feet away that there is actually something in the slot. I still have the instant knowledge that my class cannot use it and I can salvage it or move it.

Thx again