EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 12-30-2006, 06:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Fetish idea for Master Rage powers...

Rage button idea...
As a 65 berserker who loves the Fetish mod, and also loves my master rage abilities (all 10 or so of them) I think an extremely useful mod (if this is doable) is the ability to have a giant letter or two on top of the icons on the HOT bar. Or maybe even below them or above them made into the actual graphic of the hotbar instead?

I have one hott bar set up, just for my master rage powers. But, every rage power has the exact same Icon. I've always wished I could just have a giant "SK" on top of the Skelton rage, and a giant "GH" on top of Ghost and so on. And if that's not doable, change the graphic of the box so that it says the name of the ability under each box. Once again, I have no idea if this is doable or not.

Is a mod like that at all doable? If so, this would open up custom options on all kinds of other buttons and stuff too that would be awesome mods!!!
Unread 12-30-2006, 06:48 PM
A Coastal Crab

I have an issue with purchasing respecs. it says the UI mod is incompatible with the new window
Unread 12-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

One page back...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
I recommend you delete eq2ui_popup_achievementmerchant.xml from your Fetish directory
Unread 12-31-2006, 01:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I saw this posted somewhere else in this thread, but I didn't see any responses. I am having an issue with my toolbars after going to 8.2. When I try to go to the hotbar options to make it so I can drag icons again (I have all mine locked) I just get a black window that pops up, and I have to click around until I find the cancel button to get rid of it. I wiped out my old fetish directories and did a fresh install. I'll try to post up a screenshot next time i'm in the game.

Any help would be great, it's kind of a pain having all my bars locked

***I think I figured out my issues, I am surprised I was not having more.. I just realized the directory structure changed some, I extracted it the way I alway do, but now I have the UI/Fetish/UI/FetishNightfall directory, I think if I install it correctly it will fix my issues.

Last edited by Sharra : 12-31-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Unread 12-31-2006, 08:52 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Send a message via Yahoo to Zonx

Yep, that's the problem. The way you extracted means you're still loading the prior version, which didn't include the new Hotkey options.
Unread 01-01-2007, 12:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Experience bar rounding error

This has been around for quite a while, so it's not related to 8.x. Apologies if it's been posted elsewhere. It may not even be Fetish related. Anyway, I noticed there's a rounding error at certain intervals in the experience bar numeric. The bar itself is correct, but the number doesn't properly reflect the current percentage. It will show that you are 58.9% in, when in reality you are 57.9 or thereabouts. It's particularly glaring when it says you are 100.9% in and haven't dinged!

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
Moz

P.S. I know everyone says it, but: I won't play EQ2 w/o Fetish. Thanks for your brilliance, Zonx!
Unread 01-01-2007, 08:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

From my understanding, this is a Sony issue and how the game (im)properly reports what your experience/AA/tradeskill is due to rounding. This affects any and all mods that display a percentage of said total level.

And I agree with the previous post - the first thing I did when I came back to EQ2 was find the latest Fetish version and load it up. The mod is that good.
Unread 01-02-2007, 12:24 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw

I concur. No EQ2 without Fetish for me.

Speaking of which, is V 8.2 of Classic coming sometime?
Unread 01-02-2007, 06:32 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

There is a minor display bug on the Tradeskill window. When you are making an item with a long name it overlaps the line above. I have attached a screenshot as an example
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TS bug.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	5545  
Unread 01-02-2007, 08:44 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Hey Zonx... I upgraded to 8.2 today.. and ever since, it won't load the UI at all. I've deleted the directory and the eq2.ini and unzipped the 8.2 zip file multiple tiems, but it will not load the UI anymore..

Do you have any clue why?
Unread 01-02-2007, 09:52 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Nektulos
Default 8.2 Wont Load

Sanity Check:

(1) What directory did you install into? By default, the 8.2 ZIP installs into FetishNightfall (not, like I like to use, Fetish).
(2) Is your eq2.ini referencing the directory discussed in (1)?
Unread 01-02-2007, 12:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by garylian
Since doing a fresh install of Fetish with the 8.0 version (I completely deleted the old folder), I have my volume settings reset every time I log a toon in.

Instead of having both general music and combat music being turned off, with the master volume at max, I get both sets of music on, but master turned down to .4.

I see in the release notes the following:

Start Button: On popular demand, I’ve added Kosmo’s NightVision and volume controls. Initial volume settings can be customized by opening eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml in Notepad. VolMaster, VolMusic and VolCombat can be found in the first page object. Each accepts a value of 0 - 20 which must not include a decimal. For reference, each increment set here equals 0.5 in-game.

So, the only way to get these settings to stick is to edit the file? I just want to make certain. I have to update 2 systems, which isn't a massive problem, but it is a little annoying that setting changes made in game doesn't update the file. Which was surprising, because it does save the location of the button, which I had moved a little.

Awesome UI, Zonx!

Editing this file had no effect for me. It appears the patcher is replacing the eq2_default.ini, which has the volume settings hard-coded. I don't see a way around it because you can't stop the patcher from replacing the file. It's a bit of a nuisance, actually.

Moz
Unread 01-02-2007, 02:49 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Yeah Faoj.. every thing was working great before I upzipped the 8.2. Then it just stopped loading. The zip has the eq2.ini in it.. It took me 4 reinstalls of fetish before it would pick it back up.

I've got it working again, but the chat windows seem a bit messed. They have the scroll bar in them like I used to have, but they are cutting off the last character again. This was fixed in the last update, but it looks like it's broke again. Anyone have a clue on how to fix that? I like to have my tabs and scroll bars always showing.
Unread 01-03-2007, 07:43 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Never mind.. I think I forgot to change back to the simple chat xml file.

I searched the Fetish area, but I can't find anything on how to disable click strike adn click cure.. I dont' want them coming up. How can I turn them off? Every time I log in, clickstrike is active.
Unread 01-04-2007, 05:59 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

If you don't ever want to use ClickStrike, remove the include for it from eq2ui_mainhud.xml

Removing ClickCures is more complicated since its integrated with the Player and Group windows. The esiest thing to do would be to add this code bit to the first page object of that file...
Code:
OnShow="visible=false"
This should automatically hide the window any time its activated.
Unread 01-04-2007, 11:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Personabar disappears

First off .. love this UI!

I'm having an issue where my persona bar is not showing at all ... what do I need to change in the xml coding in order for the Personabar to always show?
Unread 01-05-2007, 10:05 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Read my FAQ.
Unread 01-05-2007, 10:48 AM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Splitpaw

Little question: in the FAQ here it says
Quote:
Q: Is it safe to allow the EQ2Maps Updater to replace MainHud.Map?

A: No. The default map file still has issues with plugins and skinning.
In the readme is says:
Quote:
Note: Currently it is safe to allow the EQ2Maps Updater to overwrite MainHUD.Map.
What is right and whats i wrong?
Unread 01-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

The readme should be write, the FAQ just needs to be updated I believe =)
Unread 01-06-2007, 04:15 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Yep, FAQ needs a small update to change that which I'll do now
Unread 01-08-2007, 01:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Since updating to the latest Fetish, i have two small problems, that i think maybe linked?

A) The eq2 menu button cant be resized to hide the extra options like multi video options, or sound options.

B) Everytime i load into the game my master volume is reset to 50% when i normally sit at about 20%. I think this might be related to the sound options via the eq2 menu button, but i maybe wrong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Unread 01-08-2007, 03:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Please do forgive if the answer was given to this, I am fairly new and not so knowledgeable about this kind of thing.

I am also having the problem where you cant resize your hotbar icons. I get the same black box with white rectangle in it. It was working fine till a few days ago. I went LD... and since then.. my UI has not worked properly. Since that crash.. and it was instant poof, I only have 1 toon that I can accept invites to group on with Fetish 8.2. All other toons crash instantly if i accept or a group is formed. I have deleted and completely reloaded the UI and for the most part it works, cept the hotbar thing and still having problems with invites.

(all the issues go away if i completely abandon Fetish and the game works smoothly, so it is somethin in the UI.. but I am so not smart about them...)

Hewlp please.... default makes baby jebus cry in his manger =/

I adore this UI, and after 9 years of playing EQ and EQ2.. this is prima!

Much thanks!

Taramina
Mommabear of Najena
Unread 01-08-2007, 03:42 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

A thread concerning sound settings can be found HERE.

The Start window was not designed to be manually resized, but you could probably edit the file to make it resizable by adding
Code:
Userresizable="true"
to the first page object.
Unread 01-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramina
Please do forgive if the answer was given to this, I am fairly new and not so knowledgeable about this kind of thing.

I am also having the problem where you cant resize your hotbar icons. I get the same black box with white rectangle in it. It was working fine till a few days ago. I went LD... and since then.. my UI has not worked properly. Since that crash.. and it was instant poof, I only have 1 toon that I can accept invites to group on with Fetish 8.2. All other toons crash instantly if i accept or a group is formed. I have deleted and completely reloaded the UI and for the most part it works, cept the hotbar thing and still having problems with invites.

(all the issues go away if i completely abandon Fetish and the game works smoothly, so it is somethin in the UI.. but I am so not smart about them...)

Hewlp please.... default makes baby jebus cry in his manger =/

I adore this UI, and after 9 years of playing EQ and EQ2.. this is prima!

Much thanks!

Taramina
Mommabear of Najena
Are you using /loadui to change your UI?

Also, paste the contents of your eq2.ini

And try reinstalling fetish from scratch... ie delete or rename the old folder.

TBH since it works on some toons but not others, I'm thinking your character uisettings file may be corrupted.

Try this. Pick one of your bugged characters, and find their <server>.<character>.uisettings.ini file, and rename it or delete it. On that same character in game, , type /load_uisettings and select the character that works.
Unread 01-09-2007, 08:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you Lordebon.. i did delete it and the ini. that worked with the crash../eternal squirrell dance of joy!!

I still cant change my hotbar settings , however.

is there somethin i can delete to get the default hotbar settings to show up?