EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 07-05-2012, 05:10 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default EQ 2 Map no longer showing quest areas

Hi
I been using the map a couple months and its worked great. But a couple of days ago it quit showing highlighted quest areas on the map. I reinstalled, but nothing I've done is working. I appeciate any help you can give me.
Unread 07-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Make sure you don't have them filtered (right click, Filter POIs).

Also, have they disappeared for quests that you know had them before? Not all quests in the game have the SOE-provided POIs and ROIs.
Unread 07-07-2012, 08:34 PM
A Berserk Golem

Default Blue areas

You have to have a quest for the area. Hold your cursor over the quest in your Quest Helper. The area for that quest should get (High) bright blue.

And normal blue the rest of the time.
Unread 10-03-2012, 01:47 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Where are the blue quest areas?

Since the late August update I've lost all the blue quest areas & dots for all my alts. These are new quests so they should be there and I've got all POIs checked. Is there a new setting I need to tweak or is there in an upcoming update that will return this very important item?
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:12 PM
A Coastal Crab

I am also having the same problem with blue areas no longer showing up. I have been in Greater Faydark and Butcherblock just to name the most recent areas and there were no blue areas to correspond with quests. I have run through approx. 9 characters over the past year and those areas were blue before the Aug update where they added the feathers to the quest targets.
Unread 10-03-2012, 04:01 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Seems to be more hit or miss. I have two City Writs out of Freeport one of my toons has been picking up. They are both to attack different mobs in Sinking Sands. One of them shows the blue area on the map and the other does not.

Behaves the same way with both the EQ2MAP and DrumsUI files. Haven't gone completely to a default UI config yet. That will be my next test.

But in any event, it does work for that one quest which that toon is on right now and I seem to remember it working with other quests I've gotten in September with respect to lighting up blue areas and making those blue dots.

Update: tried it with the Default UI with the same result. One of the quests is showing the blue area and one is not. So, this does not appear to be EQ2MAP thing but a Sony thing.

Last edited by Mysstie : 10-04-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Unread 10-07-2012, 08:32 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Same Problem

I just built a new computer and everything works with EQ2 Maps BUT the blue quest areas. I've checked POI filters, tried reloading the quests, clearing cash. and they still dont show up making me crazy! if anyone has a solution, or something I have not tried I would be very grateful!! Thank you!
Unread 07-30-2013, 04:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yes! I am also having the same problem with blue areas no longer showing up. I have been in Greater Faydark and Butcherblock just to name the most recent areas and there were no blue areas to correspond with quests. I have run through approx...........
Unread 12-06-2014, 05:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Blackburrow
Default bringing this back to life

I just did a fresh install of EQ2 and of DrumsUI. I checked my maps before I installed drums and all the blue areas and POI's are there. As soon as I installed DRUMSUI everything went away. I've had this issue since the older posts, has anyone ever figured this out?
Unread 12-07-2014, 09:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Make sure you run EQ2Map after installing drums... It does a full update of maps etc from scratch and dumps all the files in the Drums UI directory.