EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 03-12-2006, 02:18 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

I believe you are speaking about this being added into the group window...
Link

I have contimplated adding this for myself, but can never find the time...would be a great add
Unread 03-12-2006, 09:22 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I already made such a group window yesterday along with a bunch of other changes. I'll just have to test it. Watch this spot.

EDIT:

Here we go:

Target Window
eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml

* If the selected target is another player, clicking on the target's name will inspect that player. This only works from the top left target window.

Experience window
eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml

* Window settings for "Frame and title" have changed as follows:

+ "none" will display the current stats bar, but without the rollover effect when moving the mouse over it. Toolstips where added the the stats values.

+ "frame only" will switch to a new bar that shows all experience types, vitality and debt as well as guild level and guild members online. Also tooltips for everything

+ "frame and titlebar" has the xp bar from above and shows the stats bar when you hover your mouse over it.

* Some fixes to the main XP display, e.g. the right click menu now works for switching to Achievement XP. This might also be a fix for Eloora's problem (just an idea)

Bottom bar
eq2ui_mainhud_memorized.xml

* Positions of several items were adjusted

* Tooltips were added for every item (same as in persona window)

Group Window
eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml

* Clicking the number besides your name will have you stop autofollowing (in case you did) and uses the /followme emote.

* Clicking on the name of a group member will /assist that person

* Hovering above the right side of a group members health bar will show an [x] icon to kick that member. The icon to leave the group besides your name was changed to only show on hovering over it as well.

* Clicking on any of the icons for trauma, arcane, noxious or elemental effects will cast the corresponding cure. It uses only the single cures, not any multi cure spells your class might have.

Group window variant: always visible
eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers always_on.xml, rename to eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml

* same as above, only that the group window no longer autohides (not the perfect solution yet, but better than having the cures on the hotbar)

/loadui functionality
eq2ui_skininfo.xml

* not of much use for most of you, I suppose. This file allows the use of the ingame command /loadui to switch to ProfitUI without restarting the game (note that the command has some issues)
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml (17.5 KB, 561 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (37.1 KB, 584 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_memorized.xml (8.3 KB, 580 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml (54.6 KB, 770 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers always_on.xml (54.4 KB, 516 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_skininfo.xml (365 Bytes, 652 views)

Last edited by gm9 : 03-12-2006 at 07:34 PM.
Unread 03-12-2006, 08:46 PM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Thanks gm9. I'm in and out of the house so I just had a chance to skim your post, but perhaps this much of a change warrants a new version of profitui? When/if you're comfortable with what's been done, maybe you could repack everything into a zip file and send a pm my way so I can put it on the main page and update accordingly? If not, I can do it. My start in film school last week has dramatically slashed my free time, but I've still got some evenings free that I can hang around and keeping what I started going.

Thanks for your hard work, it's appreciated by the whole community!

<< Spiricore >>
aka Jiivin n'Groovin (retired)
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>
Unread 03-13-2006, 01:39 AM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

I think re-compiling the updates accumulated in this thread and submitting a new version of Profit would be a good idea too.

I love the group cure mod! Just one problem tho - when I click the icon next to my name, it doesn't cure me . I figure this is due to myself not actually being part of the group window but hp bar just added cuz Profit rules. If there's any way to make it work though, that would rule more! Let me know.
Unread 03-13-2006, 03:18 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Glad you like it. I'll have a look again for the self-cures. The problem is as you explain it, but I thought I had it working correctly in the end. I'll check it again, but I don't think I'll find the time before the end of this week.

Let's wait to get the bugs worked out and then we can do a new release. Might even do a new thread, since this here is called 1.8e. V1.9 or even 2.0 might be appropriate. Btw, I'd say we remove the writs pane before we do that, since it is outdated and we have that info in Milquetowst's infocenter. Was also thinking about integrating the infocenter with the journal.

The other thing I still want to add to the group window is pet health. Not sure about the implementation though:

- only summoner pets or also charmed pets?
- positioning without making the group window too large (maybe a like a shorter version of the current window attached to the right?)

Don't expect this anytime soon, though, since I'll be out of town for a month beginning next week (I'll try to get the fix in before).

Have a good week all.
Unread 03-13-2006, 05:50 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Splitpaw

Great Great Great work!!!!!!..Man keep like this..... Profit is still alive better than before
Unread 03-13-2006, 09:44 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Let's wait to get the bugs worked out and then we can do a new release. Might even do a new thread, since this here is called 1.8e. V1.9 or even 2.0 might be appropriate.
Yeah, I was a dumbass in titling the post and unfortunately I can't go back and edit it. What I can do is make a new thread, copy everything over and actually give it a proper title.

Anyone think that's a *bad* idea? I'll give it a day.

<< Spiricore >>
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>
Unread 03-13-2006, 11:15 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiricore
Yeah, I was a dumbass in titling the post and unfortunately I can't go back and edit it. What I can do is make a new thread, copy everything over and actually give it a proper title.

Anyone think that's a *bad* idea? I'll give it a day.

With all theese new updates to it, maybe making a new Tread something called Profit lives V.1.0 or something, would be a great idea..

That way we can always find the new updates and we know where to look for it aswell.

Keep up the good work
Unread 03-13-2006, 11:54 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

V2.0 I think it could be a good idea
Unread 03-14-2006, 04:57 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Exclamation Getting ready for release

We might do two threads again, one only for release information (without a version number in the title, called ProfitUI TNG, ProfitUI lives or anything else you can come up with), of course formatted in the excellent Spiricore trademark style ). This could be updated to link to release specific threads where comments should go. That way the main thread stays purely informative and managable. What do you think?

Also, it seems as if I'll be able to invest some time in this on this week-end after all, so I'll try to address all the open issues in order to get a full release ready. For this I would ask everybody to quickly post all your

+ bug reports, if any

Currently on my list:

* I think the bottom bar has issues with resolutions of 1024x768 or lower (I'll probably fix this for 1024x768, although I would think we can drop support for 800x600) . Also, resists with 5 digits are probably not shown correctly. Same for the top left stats bar.

* Self cures in the group window. I don't use the player window, but I'll add it there as well.

+ suggestions for changes and/or additional features

Currently on my list:

* clicking on implied target will make it the current target

* I will switch some stats between the top and the bottom bars.

* Pet health in group window.

* Update/remove writs pane. I probably won't integrate the infocenter into the journal after all for performance considerations.

* Create a "ProfitUI control center" window allowing to switch between different settings. Maybe provide some user customizable macro buttons.

+ sample UI settings files for different resolutions - currently all we have is 1280x1024. If somebody has this well set up for a different resolution please post your settings file so we can include it.

+ Anybody who wants to write instructions for all the functions? Or maybe it's already included, I've never bothered to check. I'm not going to write them, but I'll be happy to include them in game if someone comes up with it.

Well, you get the idea. Back to work now.
Unread 03-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

I've played with this since my triumphant (well /cough) return to EQ2 and for the most part it is wonderful. However (of course) I have a few random suggestions.

- When you queue an ability it is very hard to see the flashing indicator on the hotbutton. I've tried changing to various colors but it's really hard to see what is queued.

- I really like having a frame around my chatwindows but would prefer if it extended so that the mouse-over scrolling bar was *inside* the frame.

- The bottom bar is very handy but would it be possible to move it? Or is it stuck on the bottom (effectivly being totally hid if you run with the letterbox turned on). If it already is movable somehow please fill me in on how to do it hehe.

- The xp display. Would it be possible to get an option to display the regular kind of xp bar instead of the big-lettered thing going on now? Like having them all lined up under each other, allowing me to resize the window up and down depending on how many I want displayed.

Edit: One more hehe. I would really love if you could smash in the Fetish minimap thingy as a part of the package. I've tried for days and I just can't seem to get it work.

That's a few that I'm curious about hehe. All in all this is a sweet UI and I've seen nothing yet that will make me change.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.

Last edited by Pixi : 03-14-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Unread 03-14-2006, 12:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Awesome UI and thanks for the hard work Profit

One noob question. I got the 1.8f version downloaded which is far better in design and could not find the little arrows to switch toolbars. I have my TS toolbar set to the 10th one and for the life of me could not find a way to switch my first one as the 10th....

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Thanks again for the great UI
Unread 03-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPlymiras
Awesome UI and thanks for the hard work Profit

One noob question. I got the 1.8f version downloaded which is far better in design and could not find the little arrows to switch toolbars. I have my TS toolbar set to the 10th one and for the life of me could not find a way to switch my first one as the 10th....

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Thanks again for the great UI
If you go into window options and select "Frame and Titlebar" in the dropdown menu you will see the arrows on the right-hand side of the hotbar.

Unread 03-14-2006, 01:55 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi
I've played with this since my triumphant (well /cough) return to EQ2 and for the most part it is wonderful. However (of course) I have a few random suggestions.

- When you queue an ability it is very hard to see the flashing indicator on the hotbutton. I've tried changing to various colors but it's really hard to see what is queued.

- I really like having a frame around my chatwindows but would prefer if it extended so that the mouse-over scrolling bar was *inside* the frame.

- The bottom bar is very handy but would it be possible to move it? Or is it stuck on the bottom (effectivly being totally hid if you run with the letterbox turned on). If it already is movable somehow please fill me in on how to do it hehe.

- The xp display. Would it be possible to get an option to display the regular kind of xp bar instead of the big-lettered thing going on now? Like having them all lined up under each other, allowing me to resize the window up and down depending on how many I want displayed.

Edit: One more hehe. I would really love if you could smash in the Fetish minimap thingy as a part of the package. I've tried for days and I just can't seem to get it work.

That's a few that I'm curious about hehe. All in all this is a sweet UI and I've seen nothing yet that will make me change.
-I find it difficult to see queued abilities on my hotbar as well since a couple live updates ago. I haven't played with the associated shading colors yet though. Before I had a very light shade of yellow I think which worked fine for me.

-The bottom bar with the extra stats is movable. Right-click to unlock the window and give it a try. It is somewhat tricky to move if you've shrunken the dark upper part down so that it's just the stat "strip" but I'm pretty sure it's still possible to move if you click the right place.
Unread 03-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
-The bottom bar with the extra stats is movable. Right-click to unlock the window and give it a try. It is somewhat tricky to move if you've shrunken the dark upper part down so that it's just the stat "strip" but I'm pretty sure it's still possible to move if you click the right place.
Well, what do you know. After some fiddling I found the sweetspot and was able to move it. If I stretch the top edge and then the lower the whole bar follows. Thanks for the tip.

Unread 03-14-2006, 02:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi
If you go into window options and select "Frame and Titlebar" in the dropdown menu you will see the arrows on the right-hand side of the hotbar.
Awesome! Thanks Pixi
Unread 03-15-2006, 01:28 AM
A Forest Scavenger

First thanks for the work on this UI. Its sweet.

Having an issue with the chat window. Everytime I try to select Chat Options my client locks up.

I tried to copy the eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat into my Profit folder to replace the new one. No luck.

I also tried to add the file eq2ui_mainhud_chatoptions to the Profit folder.

Not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

Siniacc
Unread 03-15-2006, 08:17 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

suggestion
i would like to have in Profit a start button similar at this http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4172 but with style Profit ( that start button is so very usefull for me)
-pet window in group window (especially for healers it's good idea)
Unread 03-16-2006, 01:39 AM
A Grassland Beetle

((ATTENTION!))
I hoping theres a Moderator around who can PLEASE lock this thread soon enough. I've created two new threads which I will now dub "Official" and this thread is now redundant. I'd appreciate if EVERYONE could PLEASE avoid posting here and instead post in the appropriate thread listed below:

Main Thread
I'm going to try and keep this for development (as in the guys working on it!) posting only.

Help & Feedback Thread
It's pretty obvious, but everyone else besides the devs for ProfitUI (and myself) please post here with questions, feedback, suggestions and so on. We're trying to keep things as tight and clean as possible.

TO AUTHORS/PEOPLE HELPING WITH THIS PROJECT:
I'd like any of you helping out with ProfitUI to please PM me for some more details. I'm *hoping* the mods can help us reinforce to let us devs (haha, the only time I can get away with calling myself that) to post in the main thread while having the rest of the public post in the Help & Feedback thread. I'd appreciate it if you guys could throw up any posts you can, even as placeholders, for when you contribute to the project on the Main thread. This will help things out a lot.

<< Spiricore >>
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>

Last edited by Spiricore : 03-16-2006 at 01:56 AM.
Unread 03-19-2006, 05:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

The size of the XP numbers are just a bit to big, they are partly cut off. How can i change the size of the number (font size)
Unread 03-20-2006, 11:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stile2112
The size of the XP numbers are just a bit to big, they are partly cut off. How can i change the size of the number (font size)
Doh!!!! figured it out....i'll read the information alittle more next time

Lexerst Barchetta
Crushbone
Unread 03-20-2006, 03:10 PM
A Grassland Beetle

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN UNOFFICIALLY CLOSED AND IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED BY THE DEVS OF PROFITUI.
Please redirect your comments & questions HERE

Thank you.

<< Spiricore >>
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>
Closed Thread