I know Necroposting is bad, but I had the same issue on one of my characters that I play less often and lived with it until I got an actual working solution from user Porky on Discord. I figured this would be a good place to leave this information to spread awareness of this fix.
So if you also have an examine window that does not show up and really don't like resetting your whole UI try these fixes depending on your UI:
Default UI or any other UI:
1. Log fresh into the game and DO NOT examine anything!
to open the default examine dummy window which might be hidden as well.
3. Then type
/window_settings Examine ExamineItem
to open the Windows Settings for this default window.
4. By pressing the Default Location
Button in the Windows Settings options you'll reset all examine windows (but only those not the rest of your UI) back to its default location in the center of the screen.
5. Press the OK
Button to save these settings.
6. You may now close the default examine dummy window and can test that this fix hopefully resoved the issue.
1. Open the Windows Settings options by right clicking on any UI element.
2. From the Locate
drop-down menu choose Examine Item
3. Then (depending on location) press either the Default
4. You may now close the default examine dummy window and can test that this fix hopefully resoved the issue.
Carpe noctem! ... Get a life? Well, once I nearly found one, but the link was broken
Disclaimer: If you find spelling mistakes, be proud, grab a cookie and then spent a thought about me having german as my mothertongue