EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 02-04-2006, 02:44 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia
Default LU19 will not save window positions

Is anyone else experiencing the problem with Examine windows, Heroic Op, Player Housing and other windows NOT saving their position settings?

On the Examine Windows (Spells/Effect/Item/etc),
I right click, press "Lock Window" and then after I close the window and reexamine something, it pops up toward the top of the screen again. And I noticed, the setting for "Lock Window" is again in the menu. If I use Options-> Lock All Windows, the window still behaves the same way, BUT, I do see a change in the menu, UnLock Window. BUT, the window still moves to default position.

Heroic and the Player Housing windows, WILL save positions UNTIL you relog. Then, they are again "Unlocked" and in a default position OTHER than where you left them Locked.

This happens in BOTH custom and default windows.

Any ideas? Think it is a problem with EQ2UIControls? (with the addition of PvP toggles that are not yet working since the expansion is not out yet.)
Unread 02-04-2006, 02:47 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Butcherblock

yes i have had problems with my heroic opp settings not saving. dont know about the other windows havent used em enuf to knowtice.
Unread 02-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Crushbone

I've already had one user of my UI post about the HO window moving. This has to be a Sony issue if it's happening with the default UI and custom UI's.
Unread 02-04-2006, 03:13 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Lucan DLere
Unhappy

Same problem here. Noticed with TS window and modded Quickchange shutdown window.
Unread 02-04-2006, 03:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Having the same problem with target, implied target, player, HO, eq2 menu button windows.

And not to mention the server lag... ugh....
Unread 02-04-2006, 06:35 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Splitpaw

Yup, exactly the same problems with HO wheel and a modded Start Button ~ upon relogging these two windows (and no others) reset their positions.
I've even tried the new /save_uisettings and /load_uisettings commands, but as soon as I've relogged those windows are back in annoying places :P
Unread 02-08-2006, 10:49 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Same issue here, posted on the EQ2 Gameplay boards about it (http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...ssage.id=19843) before stopping by these forums.
Unread 02-09-2006, 03:12 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Hmmm, went and checked on the thread I made on this in the Gameplay forums and almost all the messages from people saying they were also having the issue had been deleted, with no explanation. Seems sneaky if you ask me.
Unread 02-09-2006, 04:22 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Some of the messages were deleted due to insults/etc.
Unread 02-09-2006, 05:43 PM
A Coastal Crab

I don't know about the HO window (probably haven't done anything with that since the patch...been crafting mostly), and I have not seen it with my target/implied target windows. However, I have seen it in my recipe book and house access windows. It's getting on my nerves a bit, but I'm confident someone will fix it.....eventually.

Unread 02-09-2006, 11:07 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Hmm, a lot of helpful info got deleted from that thread, and I don't recall seeing any insults in the posts I read & responded to before they got deleted (well, except for Magus' response to Selch, but I was in agreement with that anyway, Selch is a know-nothing post whore IMHO). Oh well, guess stuff went real kerflooey on that thread after I went to bed. Valdacil posted a temp fix to use /load_uisettings and select your current character's file, which seems to reposition some of the offending windows back to user specified locations. Wish they would just outright fix the problem though.
Unread 02-10-2006, 04:54 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Guk

Yes I wish they would fix it as well - but everyone is getting the standard *delete your character ini-file* fix - it doesn't work
Unread 02-10-2006, 05:44 AM
A Coastal Crab

Truely annoying in the middle of a heated battle someone hits Heroic Oppertunity and you have to move it out of your way to click the healing spells and wards needed to keep your tank alive. Time is precious in those cases.
Unread 02-16-2006, 04:08 PM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia

No results as of yet.. seems the devs do not feel this is an issue. It is happening with defualt UI files as well as custom. I really wish this gets addressed and fixed soon.