Closed Thread
Unread 11-07-2008, 04:54 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
I'll look back into this once I'm done with EQ2MAP TSO stuff, that's taking all my time atm.
Just to be able to contradict myself, run the ProfitUI updater. All changes discussed above should be implemented.

Download above removed, this is now a ProfitUI only project.
Unread 11-07-2008, 08:26 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Default The mod

The mod that was linked to, in the video on eq2flames, the mod is clearly working in a more advanced way than you are describing gm9. If you rewatch the video, at 0:09, the melee auto attack is delayed by a combat art and the bar doesn't reset until the combat art is finished. This is what he is trying to avoid, but if you watch closely, it does in fact work.

One way this would work is to have the auto attack bar only reset if the casting bar is not visible.

also, he switches from dual wield, to single weapon, to ranged, all with different bars, I do not know how this was accomplished, but if you look closely, you'll see that it was done.

Not much information is given about it, i do not know if haste is kept in real time or not as this is apparently a private mod. From the looks of it, it would be very nice.

One question i have is, would it be possible to have an act module populate data that could be implemented into the ui mod, such as when an auto attack fires? I know you use text documents in profitui, and I'm not sure how act modules work, but this could be another way that this is accomplished.

In any case, the mod looks fantastic and I would love to find out how they did this.
Unread 11-07-2008, 09:06 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by nluerdarea View Post
The mod that was linked to, in the video on eq2flames, the mod is clearly working in a more advanced way than you are describing gm9. If you rewatch the video, at 0:09, the melee auto attack is delayed by a combat art and the bar doesn't reset until the combat art is finished. This is what he is trying to avoid, but if you watch closely, it does in fact work.
No, if you watch it closely he is actually disabling auto-attack when the bar is stopping. He then switches to ranged auto-attack and the bar toggles. We have /GameData available for that, see e.g. the melee/ranged auto-attack indicators in the ProfitUI player bar.

Quote:
One way this would work is to have the auto attack bar only reset if the casting bar is not visible.
This sounds like a good idea.

Quote:
also, he switches from dual wield, to single weapon, to ranged, all with different bars, I do not know how this was accomplished, but if you look closely, you'll see that it was done.
I would imagine the single/dual wield mode was switched via the macro that also changed the weapons.

Quote:
One question i have is, would it be possible to have an act module populate data that could be implemented into the ui mod, such as when an auto attack fires?
Only via the web browser, the interface cannot read changes to files from disk during runtime (they are loaded only once). The other way around would be possible though, i.e. you could pass parameters to ACT.
Unread 11-07-2008, 10:13 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I think the graphic representation is actually what the author of this thread was looking for as well.

gm9, you're awesome. Sweet, I hope ya can get around the synchronization issue.

A progress bar like that would help me quite a bit at least i know this for sure.
Unread 11-07-2008, 10:28 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

just know that this variant will certainly not be done right away, so if you need it right now pay Pinski his $50. LOL.
Unread 11-07-2008, 11:27 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

lol. i wonder if that transaction involves Pinski say'n "don't worry, i'll get ya the UI".

Welp, this feature would be much appreciated by many eq2 players I bet. To get an idea, do a thread search for "autoattacking timing" on eq2flames.com. A graphical animation timer would answer all, or at least most, of the autoattack timing questions. The animation timer would show how the autoattacks are delayed and when the autoattack actually fires off. The graphic would be especially helpful when dual wielding. There would be one answer to most autoattack timing questions, that is "check out the Profit UI autoattack progress bar" .

Even with the synchronization problem from in-combat haste, the graphic would be, or at least very close, to being accurate.

Last edited by SkyBeeX : 11-07-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: clarification
Unread 11-07-2008, 12:13 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Well it could always recalculate the parameters for each swing, that would keep it fairly accurate.

ProfitUI already has a timer window (written by mother9987), basically instead of hand configuring the timer duration you can have the mod take it from the AutoAttackCalc window and update it each time the timer reaches zero unless a spell cast is still going on as suggested by nluerdarea above. That would be a pretty trivial change to the existing UI, but of course you would like it to look a bit nicer.

You can't have it run indefinitely because that would crash the game (the game does not like infinite loops, hehe), but still long enough for any fight.
Unread 11-07-2008, 01:33 PM
A Griffon

Default Hmm...

So, what I gather so far is..

The bar will only restart based on the autoattack or ranged attack gamedata being true, and the casting bar not being visible.

It will be recalculated every time it is restarted (as opposed to every time it finishes)

We will have 3 timer windows with macros to add to changing weapons for single and dual weapons (in an ideal world, let's not jump right into this)

If you have all the variables figured out (I know you were having problems with the % symbol in a couple of them), then It should only ever be inaccurate if your target is too far away or too close (unless you have an idea for a solution for that?)

Edit 1: Btw, You ripping him apart on eq2flames =P

Edit 2: I updated profit and I am not seeing this window in the directory. Is there some variant I need to be selecting or should it autodownload?

Last edited by nluerdarea : 11-07-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Unread 11-07-2008, 01:50 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
We will have 3 timer windows with macros to add to changing weapons for single and dual weapons (in an ideal world, let's not jump right into this)
Well actually they way I would implement it you would have a single window which changes automatically between ranged and melee (since we have the /GameData for that) and you would flip it yourself between single/dual wield mode by adding a command to the weapon switch macro like /show_window Custom.ProfitUI_AutoAttackTimer.DualWield
and /show_window Custom.ProfitUI_AutoAttackTimer.SingleWield, respectively, with a default setting in a .txt file.

Quote:
If you have all the variables figured out (I know you were having problems with the % symbol in a couple of them),
No as I mentioned above that could be automated, but it is less of a performance hit to just enter the value manually. Only a question of preference really.

Quote:
then It should only ever be inaccurate if your target is too far away or too close (unless you have an idea for a solution for that?)
This I did not understand, why is this relevant?
Unread 11-07-2008, 02:02 PM
A Griffon

Default Well

From what I can tell, if you are 10 meters from your enemy, and toggle auto attack, the timer will start counting down while you are not swinging. If you have a 10 second delay weapon (unrealistic, I know) then move forward in the middle of the timers 'swing', then your actual swing will be in the middle of the bar as opposed to the end. It won't be synced until you toggle off your attack.

If you are a ranger, moving from melee to ranged range, you may come across a time when your target is too far to fire off an auto attack.... The ui mod will keep going while your attack is queued. If 3 seconds go by with the message "Your target is too far away" spamming you, then you hit ranged attack, the UI mod will be out of sync by 3 seconds. Unless I am wrong?

To avoid this, we would have to use the bar as a guide as to when to back up and when to move forward, only moving while the bar is still ticking down.

Another idea is, to have the values editable via macro. So when i switch to my 2 hander, the variables are in my macro and autopopulate the window.
Unread 11-07-2008, 02:18 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Ah ok, of course, that's actually what I tried to tell Pinski on eq2flames, the UI cannot know when you swing, so anything hindering you to swing like distance, line of sight, stuns and knockbacks (unless they disable auto-attack), etc. will throw the timing off. If there is really a reliable way around that as he claims then I do not see it.

Question about dual wielding btw, will both weapons swing at the same time or are they offset?

Last edited by gm9 : 11-07-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Unread 11-07-2008, 03:06 PM
A Griffon

Default heh

The weapons will swing together... if they have the same delay.
That is another reason his mod appears to work. This could also just be a timer bar designed to make it look like it works.
Unread 11-07-2008, 03:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

It's no issue to calculate for both weapons separately, my mod does that as well, SOE added the /GameData for both weapons a while ago.
Unread 11-07-2008, 04:01 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Heh, that's a lively thread going on there in EQ2Flames. Glad I'm not a part of it.

The idea of selling it for $50 kinda makes me feel ill though. I can't say I'm even feeling congratulatory even if it does what he says it does without the drawbacks that should be there.
Unread 11-07-2008, 04:02 PM
A Griffon

Default Ahh

I'm still a noob when it comes to UI modding, not sure what dynamicdata is out there =P well, i can't wait to see what you have come up with gm9, you never cease to amaze me.

Btw, I'm still not seeing your earlier one on the profit updater
Unread 11-07-2008, 04:04 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQAditu View Post
Heh, that's a lively thread going on there in EQ2Flames. Glad I'm not a part of it.

The idea of selling it for $50 kinda makes me feel ill though. I can't say I'm even feeling congratulatory even if it does what he says it does without the drawbacks that should be there.
Well well, if it isn't EQaditu =P

if anyone can find a way to send autoattack timing data to the UI, its you =P

I'm sure you have looked into it before, but I'm interested to see what we've got coming soon =)
Unread 11-07-2008, 04:17 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Well, no... I may be a quick study when I threw myself into UI modding, but I readily admit that gm9 has more experience with knowing what needs to be known. With that said, sure it's possible for someone to come up with an idea that he's not thought of... or a way of attacking the problem that isn't obvious... but I'd have to actually spend time looking at the problem where I have so far spent none.
Unread 11-07-2008, 04:44 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Btw, I'm still not seeing your earlier one on the profit updater
It's on there though, maybe it's the DNS issue Kaldran was having with the server.
Unread 11-07-2008, 04:54 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQAditu View Post
With that said, sure it's possible for someone to come up with an idea that he's not thought of... or a way of attacking the problem that isn't obvious... but I'd have to actually spend time looking at the problem where I have so far spent none.
I'll readily agree to that, also to the last part, as you can see above I'm not even fully aware of the game mechanics involved here.

If you have the time maybe you want to take a look at it? From knowing your previous work I'm sure that at least with respect to the required UI modding you could fairly easily implement this.
Unread 11-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Why are you even arguing over this with them.

Can this mod exist? sure it can, but it will have fundamental flows. The human brain can correct for these flaws so /shrug. There are so many variable to take into account any 3rd party app will not be able to get the timing down correctly.

[nm]

Last edited by Landiin : 11-07-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Unread 11-07-2008, 06:14 PM
A man among men

Server: Nagafen

Nevermind...

EDIT: Oh what's wrong with the ProfitUI Updater???

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-07-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Unread 11-07-2008, 06:30 PM
A man among men

Server: Nagafen

It's called EQ2Flames for a clear reason. People really like to flame (which is why I don't like to go there). My advice to you gm9 is to not let these guys provoke you because that's what they want.

Whether it's true or not, it doesn't really matter...but the discussion wherein has become somewhat close to a boxing match over the net.

Hey if you really want to show this guy up, make one better than in his video!
Unread 11-07-2008, 06:51 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Heh I know what flames is about, actually I think the quote in my sig on flames really characterises it best. Someone trying to sell UI mods deserved a response though. ProfitUI updater's DNS server was stalled but Kaldran restarted it, if it does not already work for you it will soon. But let's not derail the thread here.
Unread 11-07-2008, 06:59 PM
A Griffon

Default About the timer

About the timer not turning off when he was out of combat, i actually like this.
Also, one thing to remember, when you switch from ranged to melee or melee to ranged, the new timer can't start till the previous one finished. i'm sure this is obvious, but easy to overlook in code
Unread 11-07-2008, 07:35 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

I'm new to this discussion, but I do have an idea that could potentially be useful.

Does the GameData know when auto attack/ranged auto attack is toggled on, without the use of a hotbar button? If so, and my knowledge of UI modding is fairly limited, would it be possible to code an event that looks for the toggling?

Or does the UI have the capability of using a timer tick events? You could set up a timer with an interval of say 50, 100 or 200ms. In the event code you could have if check to see if auto attack is on and show the window based off of that.

I am asking these things because the problem I see with tieing the window being visible to a hotkey macro is that alot of players use the ~ key to turn on auto attack - which would bypass the hotkey macro.
Closed Thread