Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 10-14-2010, 06:15 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faelen View Post
First off, awesome job with the mod, I can't use anything else now!
secondly, for some reason when i hit the menu button, my meny pops up by my xp bar, and not by the button. Is there something I should fix or is it a known bug?

/Faelen
This is due to Sony's UI code changes with GU57, and where they moved the default start button to.

I put some code in previously to force it to show over the stat bar, but it was very buggy. So, yes this is normal for now....
Unread 10-15-2010, 05:45 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

First off, much thanks for your UI mod. I used to dabble with the UI builder, but haven't messed with it for so long now it's hard for me to uderstand the in's and out's of it anymore. I do have a request for your UI. With GU58 came the handy casting bars on the target and implied target windows. Us pet classes noticed right off that if we target our pet it will show our pet casting we well. The downside is that we only get to see our pet casting if we target our pet directly (not how we work in groups/raids) or if our pet has aggro (same deal in groups and raids). So what would be a wonderful addition to your pet window would be to have the casting bar on the pet window, and show all the time even if our pet isn't our target or our implied target. Was thinking a nice place to put the bar would be over the pets name. If this would be possible you would make many a pet classes VERY happy. It would be an easy way to know our pet is doing what he's supposed to be doing, because there are times where LOS issues arise, or he just has his head up his arse.

Again much thanks for your work here...

p.s. I did play with it a little myself, I was able to get the casting bar on the pet window, but it was only showing if I had my pet targeted or he was the implied target...
Unread 10-15-2010, 07:09 PM
A Griffon
Featured

It wouldn't be possible to always know what your pet is casting, as the data supplied is only sent from the currently targeted NPC.

So yes it would only work when you're pet is either your target or implied target.
Hopefully SOE could add a pet cast bar in the future. I'd suggest /feedback it in-game and maybe start a new thread on the sony forums if there aren't any already.
Unread 10-15-2010, 08:46 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Server: Oasis

any thoughts on getting the welcome screen to no show everytime as of new gu58 it shows agian im using your default welcome.xml

Unread 10-16-2010, 07:56 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I don't include the welcome window in any of my mods. But if it's really a big issue I could see about adding it in.

Personally I never minded it popping up, seeing what the daily quest/hot zone is, and then closing it.
Unread 10-16-2010, 08:54 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Server: Oasis

not a big deal really just to me i never use it and close it without even looking at it.
Figured it could be made an option or something to users who didn't want it.
Like set it to 1 for on or 0 for off for users who do want it and users who don't.
Just an idea Check up the great work.

Last edited by DiggityMan : 10-16-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Unread 11-20-2010, 03:56 PM
A Griffon

Howdy:

Perhaps this isn't possible but am curious. Can C2C capabilities be applied to a Target window? I ask because a few times a mob went nuts and was jumping from the MT to a few other players. I tried to cast a hate debuff but was unable to locate the persons name in the raid window fast enough among the 23 possible. I also wasn't fast enough to target that person manually because I spent the few precious seconds looking for the name in the raid window and the mob moved on to another player after the previous one was dead. I was thinking though, if there was a C2C capability on the target/Implied window one could shoot off a debuff/cure/ etc on that person getting beat on.

Just a thought
Unread 11-20-2010, 05:07 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Definitely possible. I'll look into it, and see about adding it into the near future. The location of the buttons could be overlayed or maybe put between the bars and the buff icons.

Any sort of "cure" indicators would be impossible as far as I can tell on the target window (unless you pinged the raid window every time you target changed). But I think just being able to cast by clicking buttons directly on your target should suffice.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 11-21-2010 at 05:21 AM.
Unread 11-20-2010, 09:49 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Runnyeye

I thought this was called "indirect targetting", and is built into the game.
Unread 11-20-2010, 10:27 PM
A Griffon
Featured

True. I'm not sure if putting buttons on the target/implied windows would be much more helpful than just using your hotbar (except being ~5 useful buttons that are close together)
Unread 11-21-2010, 04:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswebstar View Post
I thought this was called "indirect targetting", and is built into the game.
It is so I'm not convinced by the need. All the poster above had to do was target the raid mob and any beneficial spell would have landed on whoever the mob had targetted (explained for the noobs).
Unread 11-21-2010, 08:09 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Definitely possible. I'll look into it, and see about adding it into the near future. The location of the buttons could be overlayed or maybe put between the bars and the buff icons.

Any sort of "cure" indicators would be impossible as far as I can tell on the target window (unless you pinged the raid window every time you target changed). But I think just being able to cast by clicking buttons directly on your target should suffice.
That's great news. Can't wait to see it.

Quote:
It is so I'm not convinced by the need. All the poster above had to do was target the raid mob and any beneficial spell would have landed on whoever the mob had targetted (explained for the noobs).
I can see how a noob might find it fun to have both a C2C overlay "and" duplicate hotkeyed cure spells. However, more experienced ppl as myself utilize the C2C overlay to free up those hotkeys for other uses. I don't find it efficient to have to keep changing hotkey banks then back to your dps bank keys (I'm not a healer) etc. And I for one am not the type to have all of the banks visible in the game window **... I want to see the fight... not a bunch of clutter. I agree with Drum, there really is no need for the Cure Indicators. But with Drums C2C overlay (one can enter the spell ID and eliminate the need to hotkey anything) on the implied target window during those moments when the mob is rampaging/jumping from one player to another (hence the implied changing rapidly) would allow one to place their mouse over the intended overlay number and simply click at the correct moment! Voila'

** I have 2 banks visible and both reduced to as small a foot print as possible: 1st: Is my primary bank. The 2nd I use merely as a visual aid for those long recast spells to let me know when they're ready to be used again.

Last edited by Accredo : 11-22-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Unread 11-28-2010, 07:50 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Lots of changes this update. Please leave feedback and report any bugs you may encounter!
If your request for a new feature didn't make it in, be sure to remind me of your request if I don't include it soon.

New release: Version 1.19

Update Log:
v1.19 - 2010.11.28
- New: [Group] Pets are now included as a toggle (pet alternative window now obsolete)
- New: [Group] Quick buttons can now be switched to show next to the health bars rather than as an overlay. Note: only Cures OR Quick button cans be on the side. Attempting to turn both on will revert cures to normal location.
- New: [Group/Player] Added new "refresh" button to the Group Settings & Player Settings windows. These can be used at any time should your Quick Cast/Cure buttons fail to load properly.
- New: [Journal] Collection look-up buttons added (credit to DiggityMan)
- New: [Bank] New denominations added for withdraws
- New: [Welcome] Code added & updated to auto-hide window on login
- New: [Statbar] Guild XP option added
- New: [Maintained] enabling/disabling the Titlebar in window options now swaps window between left & right aligned modes (variant window now obsolete)
- New: [Heroic] New slimmed down Heroic Opportunity window added
- New: [Market] Advanced filters are now integrated into the window. Upon initiating a search, the filters will auto-hide until you mouse over them again.
- New: [Market] 6 preset filter dropdowns have been ported over from DiggityMan's most recent ProfitUI market favorites mod
- New: [Examine] Search Xanadu button added
- New: [Threat] Having trouble finding your threat window? Use this command to force the window the middle of your screen: /show_window MainHUD.Threat.FindMe
- Update: [Target/Implied] Targets with level "None" will no longer display level text (harvest nodes, etc)
- Update: [Examine] Clicking the name of the item has been updated to work with the Market window updates (but is still compatible with default/other mods)
- Update: [Hotbar] Grab handles are now hidden. Turn on and grab spinners to move hotbars around.
- Update: [Maintained] now supports right click menu "Hide/Show Text" to toggle modes
- Update: [Maintained] width of data is wider than before when in expanded view
- Fix: [Group] Fixed a bug in code which caused button customizations to copy to incorrect characters.
- Fix: [Persona] Double Attack displays as Multi Attack
- Fix: [Persona] Default tradeskill profession text should no longer display on characters that have no profession when logging in
- Fix: [Maintained] changed "amount remaining" font style to fit larger numbers (large wards)
- Fix: Other minor changes/tweaks to window elements

Before updating, save your "/POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml" & "/DrumsUI/POI/drumsui_itemnotes.xml" to backup your Quick Button settings!
(If you had any saved from 1.18 or previous)

Be sure to check out the DrumsUI Updater. The updater automatically ignores the drumsui_textsettings.xml & drumsui_itemnotes.xml file if you already have it, so you don't have to worry about overwriting important saved buttons
Unread 11-28-2010, 03:56 PM
A Griffon

Wow Drum I think you out did yourself with this update. and the main reason I recommend yours to everyone looking for a great UI. Easy, Flexible, Efficient, well Designed and strongly Supported.
Great work as usual. The only thing I use now outside of your UI is Profits market window.

Thanks
Accredo
Unread 11-28-2010, 06:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I love your UI
I play a defiler and nothing ist better than your group- und raid-window but I must ask this Qustion again

Is it possible, maybe in the next update, to choose/have icons for the "Quick buttons" instead of the numbers?

In raid time and in hurry it would help (me) very much when I have to cross send health/ cross send shields to the other players.

And maybe a switch to sow the "Quick buttons" all the time and not only when the mouse is over the bars time is money ... no .. time is life!

A lot of players im my raid owes their life because I use your group-/raid-UI ..

THX for this great work !!!!!

Last edited by TheGrauen : 11-28-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Unread 11-28-2010, 06:35 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Runnyeye

I think it's a great UI indeed, but because of the thought Drums puts into the scripting. The interface design isn't particularly interesting, and I'd almost call it bloated, but his scripting is simply genius.
Unread 11-28-2010, 08:10 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Great UI just cant seem to get start button to show if i click menu it pulls up but sows icons but no text just black window tryed older ones still wont fix
any ideas?

thanks
Unread 11-28-2010, 08:12 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks for the support guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accredo View Post
Wow Drum I think you out did yourself with this update. and the main reason I recommend yours to everyone looking for a great UI. Easy, Flexible, Efficient, well Designed and strongly Supported.
Great work as usual. The only thing I use now outside of your UI is Profits market window.

Thanks
Accredo
Thanks mate. You might wanna check out the update to my market window. It's a lot like the profit one, including usage of it's most recent preset filters. Slightly different layout with auto-hiding filters however

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrauen View Post
I love your UI
I play a defiler and nothing ist better than your group- und raid-window but I must ask this Qustion again

Is it possible, maybe in the next update, to choose/have icons for the "Quick buttons" instead of the numbers?

In raid time and in hurry it would help (me) very much when I have to cross send health/ cross send shields to the other players.

And maybe a switch to sow the "Quick buttons" all the time and not only when the mouse is over the bars time is money ... no .. time is life!

A lot of players im my raid owes their life because I use your group-/raid-UI ..

It will take some scripting changes to allow Quick cast buttons to show all the time, but it is something I thought of doing. The raid window would take even longer if I did this, too.

But my question for you: If you were to have the icons visible all the time, it would probably make sense to keep them to the side of the health bars, and not over top, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakfn View Post
Great UI just cant seem to get start button to show if i click menu it pulls up but sows icons but no text just black window tryed older ones still wont fix
any ideas?

thanks
I'm not too sure what you mean. Could you possible attach as screenshot of your problem? Is the Start Menu stat bar not showing? Or do you mean the Start Menu won't open when you press the start button?
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:50 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

hiya just no graphics missing text just icons showing no biggie just put default file works again heres default was black window except for the icons on left

Last edited by oakfn : 11-23-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Unread 11-28-2010, 10:53 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakfn View Post
hiya just no graphics missing text just icons showing no biggie just put default file works again heres default was black window except for the icons on left
I'm not quite sure what the problem is. I see your menu opening, and I see the Start button. It's just a text button (no graphic) that opens it.

The start menu will open near to where your XP bar is (due to Sony's coding).
Unread 11-28-2010, 11:21 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Thanks for the support guys!

Thanks mate. You might wanna check out the update to my market window. It's a lot like the profit one, including usage of it's most recent preset filters. Slightly different layout with auto-hiding filters however
PERFECT! I love it and the "Set level" button is a great addition. And I love the auto-hide filters. Any chance of us being able to set the range in the future?

Mucho appreciate all of your hard work.

Accredo
Unread 11-28-2010, 11:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Indeed, I'll probably add an out of game configuration file for modifying buttons like that. For smaller changes like that I'll avoid the in-game editable settings, due to the amount of code it takes to load custom options like that
Unread 11-29-2010, 03:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock
Default Market Window Drag/Item Name Issue

Hello Drums.

This update was fantastic!

There is one issue I noticed with a feature I use often. If you drag an item from your inventory/Knowledge book etc. to the line that you would input your text to find something in the market window, the name of the item would normally appear in that line and then I could simply hit Find.

Now this function is broken with the new market window. When i attempt to drag an item over to the market window text box, the item icon stays on my mouse cursor and the text never enters that line.

Let me know if you need more info. Thanks again for your terrific work!

Last edited by cerulean : 11-29-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Unread 11-29-2010, 03:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
But my question for you: If you were to have the icons visible all the time, it would probably make sense to keep them to the side of the health bars, and not over top, yes?
I think is better to show them beside the bar so that you can see who needs health.
Unread 11-29-2010, 10:55 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrauen View Post
I love your UI

Thanks for your continued support Drums ya sexy beast !!!

Just wanted to quote the above as I 100% agree with his two wishes as I play a Fury and would also find it VERY usefull...

Have a great Christmas Drums n all