EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 11-14-2012, 05:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Bugs with update - no clickable link, no bottom bar, no windows

Hi,
I updated Profit and have the following bugs.

1) in quest journal i had clickable links to Zam, google, eq2u, etc., they are NO longer there. Just says 'parent.parent.parent.parent...."

2) my profit ui buttons; show infor center, control center do not bring up a window. Clicking the button again will just say Hide control center window, etc.

3) Bottom stats bar is missing.

Any help to correct these would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:30 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefae View Post
Hi,
I updated Profit and have the following bugs.

1) in quest journal i had clickable links to Zam, google, eq2u, etc., they are NO longer there. Just says 'parent.parent.parent.parent...."

2) my profit ui buttons; show infor center, control center do not bring up a window. Clicking the button again will just say Hide control center window, etc.

3) Bottom stats bar is missing.

Any help to correct these would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Are you using any other mods (besides EQ2Map) along with Profit? Any windows from other sources? And how long has it been since you last updated Profit?

What you're describing sounds a lot like a very corrupted installation. If you're very out-dated, it might be better to clear the UI/ProfitUI folder and use the ProfitUI and EQ2Map updaters to download complete new copies. You might also want to load UI settings from the Profit default set appropriate for your screen size, but that's a fairly drastic step since it wipes out any window arrangement you've done, wipes chat channel selection and so on.
Unread 11-14-2012, 06:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hi Tk

(Are you using any other mods (besides EQ2Map) along with Profit?)
No, no other addons other than profit and maps

(And how long has it been since you last updated Profit?)
I updated it this morning anf again this afternoon - no additional updates though from the morning one.
This is when I saw the problems listed in my original post.

I'm not very computer savvy, so if I do what you suggest, deleting contents of the folder, will I lose all my settings for each character?

Thank you for your help
Unread 11-14-2012, 07:39 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefae View Post
(And how long has it been since you last updated Profit?)
I updated it this morning anf again this afternoon - no additional updates though from the morning one.
This is when I saw the problems listed in my original post.

I'm not very computer savvy, so if I do what you suggest, deleting contents of the folder, will I lose all my settings for each character?
For the updating, I meant before this. Has your ProfitUI folder been updated in the last couple of months, or are you coming back to the game after a 2-year break and updating a folder that's 2 years old? There are some problems that crop up when trying to update when the local copy's too old. Too many changes in structure that the updater can't completely cope with. It can handle 1 release at a time, but when you come in and there's 15 releases between what you've got in your folder and what's on the updater it gets ugly.

And no, if you wipe the UI/ProfitUI folder you shouldn't lose character settings. At worst you'll lose customized quick-raid button settings, but if you've modified those you already know where the files are you need to save. Window layout's handled in the UI settings files in the game installation folder, outside the UI/ProfitUI folder completely, and you won't lose them unless you wipe the game folder itself clean and start from scratch.