EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 11-06-2012, 12:52 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Befallen
Default Frozen Rain Increments Not Showing in Maintained Window

Wizards and Warlocks are getting new abilities which are enhanced by the number of increments they have . . . these "increments" supposedly show up in the default ui maintained spell window BUT they dont in the profit maintained window . . . any chance you can take a look at that.

For Wizards, the spell is called Frozen Solid. . . and in my version of Profit that I put in Beta folder. . . the increment number shows up in the beneficial window but not in the profit maintained window. Again evidently it does show in the default ui maintained spell window according to the beta forums.

Xelgad wrote:

Awesome feedback. The patch today is adding spell text for when you hit 60 increments, so hopefully that will help. Does the Dragowulf SpellTimer Window work? I can see what the UI people think of adding a window like that to the default UI, but usually we like to leave the more advanced features to modders.

It would work (assuming it is in the maintained window and not bounced out by something else) but I haven't seen an actual increment count in maintained (which could be drums not having updated it), meaning that you only see that you have the buff. Functionally it would be better if the buff just existed with a permanent duration and showed how many increments you currently had, instead of a refreshing temp buff that always gets bumped to the end of the list every time it refreshes. That way you should be able to guarantee it shows up in stuff like the UI windows that pull information from maintained for a different window.

I just checked default UI, and the increments do show up in maintained so they should show up in the Dragowulf window baring none of the above problems.

Last edited by Hellstorm : 11-06-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:34 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

If it's being added to the UI, it'll be added to Profit. However, at this point what's available for Profit's based on what's on the live servers. I'm checking the updates on beta, but nothing from there's available yet because I've been waiting for the XML to stabilize. I want to get something ready by the weekend, I'm hoping to have it here Friday night so it'll have the weekend for any glitches to turn up.

It won't go on the updater until the changes actually go live and I have a chance to check a) what changes on beta really went live and b) whether any changes went live that weren't on beta. And since the expansion goes live while I'm at work, I won't be able to check it until later in the afternoon after I'm off the clock.
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:17 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
If it's being added to the UI, it'll be added to Profit. However, at this point what's available for Profit's based on what's on the live servers. I'm checking the updates on beta, but nothing from there's available yet because I've been waiting for the XML to stabilize. I want to get something ready by the weekend, I'm hoping to have it here Friday night so it'll have the weekend for any glitches to turn up.

It won't go on the updater until the changes actually go live and I have a chance to check a) what changes on beta really went live and b) whether any changes went live that weren't on beta. And since the expansion goes live while I'm at work, I won't be able to check it until later in the afternoon after I'm off the clock.
One big issue I am seeing right now. If you can get at least a compatable beta tradeskill window working over the weekend. If not I'll go ahead and start working on one myself (bad coding experience as of late) but can probally get something to work until you can.
Unread 11-06-2012, 02:01 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
One big issue I am seeing right now. If you can get at least a compatable beta tradeskill window working over the weekend. If not I'll go ahead and start working on one myself (bad coding experience as of late) but can probally get something to work until you can.
I'll take a look, it's on my list but the only thing I saw was the addition of the bulk-crafting elements which shouldn't break the window if they're not there. There may've been more changes since I checked it.
Unread 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
I'll take a look, it's on my list but the only thing I saw was the addition of the bulk-crafting elements which shouldn't break the window if they're not there. There may've been more changes since I checked it.
yeah trying to bring up tradeskills now gives an error that its incompatable. Norrmally thats just a change in version but this time it seems its more. Saw something of experimentation tab or something and a few other things right at the top.

One of the things I always hate is when UI changes happen cuz I got my UI just like I love it and some of these changes make me go back and make small edits. Like in the Maintained window I will have to replace the shade code that is a red line when you hover over cancelable spells (done when Chris did the coding) again. For at least 2 expansions it never needed any major changes but this time elements have been added or moved. Such a drag lol.
Unread 11-06-2012, 03:55 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
yeah trying to bring up tradeskills now gives an error that its incompatable. Norrmally thats just a change in version but this time it seems its more. Saw something of experimentation tab or something and a few other things right at the top.
Likely just an XML version change to make sure older tradeskill window mods break. I'll make sure to put the tradeskill window on the list to check thoroughly. In the meantime, deleting it on beta and using the default window should work.