Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Unread 11-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Skinning Guru
Premium Member
Featured

Server: Guk
Default Drakah UI - EQ2Integrated for EQ2

Here is a current screenshot of the interface setup that I use for EQ1 that I tried to manage to get setup for EQ2. I added in tking's spellbook, and an experience bar that I cannot for the life of me remember who's it is, had it for a long time.

The only thing I cant seem to work the way I want is the Target window.

It would be nice to have the buffs to show, but I can only get them to show below the window. I really need them above it. No matter if I use a,a / f,f / etc, it still wants to show below it.

Any ideas on how to statically keep the icon portion to stay put and show in location 2,2 being 232 wide by 30 high?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000008.jpg
Views:	1736
Size:	334.2 KB
ID:	6649  

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME

Last edited by Drakah : 11-30-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Unread 11-30-2008, 10:07 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Looks good, nice update on that set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakah View Post
Any ideas on how to statically keep the icon portion to stay put and show in location 2,2 being 232 wide by 30 high?
There is some hardcoding going on in that window and while I don't remember the details of how to get around it I know that in my UI I can freely place the effects IconBank and it does not automatically get resized either. It may just have been the fact of moving it to the top of the zOrder. Just take a look at my XML.
Unread 11-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Skinning Guru
Premium Member
Featured

I looked at it, still cant get mine to work.

Needs to be above the target, statically. Yours I see is below.

Here is the file, dunno if it would load for you without the other files but let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_target.zip (1.9 KB, 1060 views)

Drakah

shakahr.com
Unread 12-01-2008, 01:25 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

I gave up trying to position the Target window's icon location. And on con_version 1 they have an extra padding, and I just couldn't make it go where I wanted to
Unread 12-01-2008, 04:29 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Needs to be above the target, statically. Yours I see is below.
Yes, but just change the static location in mine to something else. It will stick.

My structure is very different and I moved some elements out of the v0/v1 pages. Maybe it's for that reason. I really don't know anymore.
Unread 12-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

I had the same issue in Extreme with the effects. To defeat the hard coding I just used the OnShow and OnHide events of the Icon page to place it where I wanted it to stay.
Unread 12-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Skinning Guru
Premium Member
Featured

still cant get it right, grrr.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Unread 12-01-2008, 04:06 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Yes, but just change the static location in mine to something else. It will stick.

My structure is very different and I moved some elements out of the v0/v1 pages. Maybe it's for that reason. I really don't know anymore.
My problem was when icons would become many to create another row, or less, it would reset the size. But, I kept the structure the same.

Not worried about it, but if you figure it out in your case Drakah, let us know
Unread 12-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Skinning Guru
Premium Member
Featured

I have the window staying the size statically, however the icons, no matter how i alter/move the code, it wants to display directly below V1 window. I tried moving it up to the top of the list but still shows directly below v1 regardless. There has to be a way to have it stick above the v1 page & not below it.

Drakah

shakahr.com
Unread 09-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Skinning Guru
Premium Member
Featured

Well, I tried again till 3:30am to get the buffs to show above the target window and I absolutely cannot, or can't figure it out

Since the buffs always are displayed after V0 and V1 in the target window, and I use v1 for my modification, I tried taking out the info from V1 and placed it ouside of it. However, the content was not correct anymore.

So I dont know what other trick I can do to get it above the target window.

The icons really need to be able to move them to anyplace in the window like everything else. I can adjust the position left/right, but I need it up/down as well. Even if I would be able to put the icons within V0 and V1, and adjust it that way would be wonderful, but then they dont show cause its coded to be outside.

Sigh....

Drakah

shakahr.com
Unread 09-17-2009, 04:36 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

So you've been trying since last year then?

As I said back then, I have no issues doing what you ask for. Attached is my target window with the buffs moved to the top and v0 moved down. Maybe comparing it to your version helps you out. Note the OnMove code on the IconBank.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml (27.0 KB, 1184 views)
Unread 09-17-2009, 04:57 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Yeah, the OnMove and even OnSize should definitely help out this old issue.
I'd rather see the default target window changed so that it doesn't have any hard-coded "re-sizing" at work.
Unread 09-17-2009, 05:21 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I'd rather see the default target window changed so that it doesn't have any hard-coded "re-sizing" at work.
If you check my window out you'll see that there is no automatic resizing, i.e. you can get around that.
Unread 09-17-2009, 05:35 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Oh I understood that gm9, as which I responded to in my first sentence.

My statement about the hard-coding functionality was more towards the grand scheme of the UI. I'd like to see less objects that behave on their own, and more property based coding available to us. I just used this instance as reference to the annoying behaviors we sometimes encounter
Unread 09-17-2009, 06:29 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Ah ok, I completely agree (no event code in my window though to prevent resizing). But to be fair it's Rothgar's stated goal to develop all new functionality in an open and accessible way, so it's already much better than it used to be.
Unread 09-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Skinning Guru
Premium Member
Featured

awesome, figured it out, thanks!!

is there any way to have the buffs start from the bottom right instead of the top left?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	target.jpg
Views:	1010
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	7052  

Drakah

shakahr.com

Last edited by Drakah : 09-19-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Unread 09-19-2009, 10:16 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
is there any way to have the buffs start from the bottom right instead of the top left?
Not as far as I know (short of rotating the whole thing).
Unread 09-19-2009, 05:29 PM
A Griffon
Featured

You might be able to do some simple math OnSize to check height, and at least reduce the gap between the effects and the rest of the window.

I think 3 rows of target effects is max. iconsize normally 15 with 1 padding.

Maybe...

check1 (just set height to max)
check2=height<43 (do a check)
check3=height<31 (do a check)

height=check2 ? 31 : height (if less than 3 rows set to 2 rows, if not leave it alone)
height=check3 ? 16 : height (if less than 2 rows set to 1 rows, if not leave it alone)

Dunno.
Unread 09-21-2009, 05:46 AM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Quote:
Not as far as I know (short of rotating the whole thing).
Should that not work with VolumeFill="right2left_up" or so? At least right2left_down did work well for your UI!
Unread 09-21-2009, 06:02 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calain80 View Post
Should that not work with VolumeFill="right2left_up" or so? At least right2left_down did work well for your UI!
Does it? Interesting, I thought that only worked for a Volume object, not an IconBank.
Unread 09-21-2009, 08:24 AM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Does it? Interesting, I thought that only worked for a Volume object, not an IconBank.
Arg you are right.
I got a bit confused and thought these would also be volumes.
Unread 09-21-2009, 10:20 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Actually they used to be volumes but that was changed with GU27.
Unread 01-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Skinning Guru
Premium Member
Featured

So I assume then that the icons still cannot be set to go BottomRight to TopLeft?

Drakah

shakahr.com