EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 11-20-2005, 11:45 PM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore
Default Raid Window converted into an....

Implied Target/Target/playerinfo/group/raid all in one window idea...

Ok i tried to do this on my own and failed. What i would like to see is the Raid window become my permanent group window. What i want is the normal raid window minus the background colors (transparent background) but i want the raid window to display group members in the first box even if im not raiding.

As it is now the only way to show your group in the raid window is to belong to a raid. Then and only then can you see your group. I am looking to make the raid my permanent group window, leaving it up all the time(thus the transparent backgrounds and borders.

I would also like it scaled down to about 3/4 size maybe even 1/2 not sure till i see it.

All of which in the same style/theme/setup as the default raid window currently uses.
Can any of you supermodders out there hook this one up for me?

I think im confusing myself, so i descided to make an example graphic of what i am looking for.

Unread 11-21-2005, 01:35 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I'm pretty sure you can do something to that effect. A lot of what's in the group window has dynamic data so should be able to be put into the raidwindow...

Maybe you could get a second opinion
Unread 11-21-2005, 02:02 AM
A Forest Scavenger

My question is, can i get someone to make this for me. I have allready tried and failed.
Unread 11-21-2005, 01:10 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Please.... Anyone...?
Unread 11-21-2005, 02:23 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Place-

Target
Implied target
Player info

Into the raid window,

Make the proper group window look like the raid group 1 page

Place that in the raid window also,

Compleatly remove the raid group 1 window / page (as you will be using the modded group window to display that info now)

In a very basic description that is about it.... Sorry I personaly dont have the time to do this for you... But it is an interesting concept
Unread 11-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

I could be wrong but I think the target and implied target buff icons are hard coded so you would lose them if I am right.
Unread 11-21-2005, 06:20 PM
A Griffon

Server: Test

They are. Also player spell effects are pushed as well and therefore can't be placed into the raid window.

However combining the group and raid windows together I think is doable. I might try somethign like this for Serenity.
Unread 11-21-2005, 07:36 PM
A Griffon
Featured

You could always make them seperate and just move them on your screen how you wanted to. It's not "perfect" but it still results in the same out come...
Unread 11-21-2005, 09:15 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Doing the best you can and the closest to what i have posted and laffs made better sense out of, is all i need. Really looking forward to someone taking this thing on. dont forget about the whole resizing to 3/4 size.

Thanks a TON whoever does this..
Unread 11-22-2005, 11:52 AM
A Forest Scavenger

So... Is anyone going to take this on? It has to be simple for someone who knows what they are doing right?
Unread 11-22-2005, 12:54 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
You could always make them seperate and just move them on your screen how you wanted to. It's not "perfect" but it still results in the same out come...
Drum's plan seems to make sense likes, due to the effects problem and stuff ... you could still remove the raid group one from raid window as well...

If nobody picks this up maybe I may get some time on Friday to have a shot at it for you... but cant promise mate sorry
Unread 11-22-2005, 01:40 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

there's just one simple problem: you might end up in raid group 2, 3 or 4
Unread 11-22-2005, 05:22 PM
A Griffon

I will take a look at this today after work. I'm intrigued by the project. No promises on if it will turn out the way you want, as there are soem hurdles to overcome but I WILL take a shot at it and come up with something.
Unread 11-22-2005, 09:41 PM
A Griffon

Just an FYI. I started working on this but quickly ran into a problem with the group info. For some darned reason I can't seem to figure out, the dynamic data for group health and power works fine as a text control but if I put it in as a progress bar it ceases to function.

So i'm goign to contniue beating on this, but if I can't fix that issue i'll have to get CREATIVE lol.. I have a couple ideas. Should be interesting to see how the develops.
Take a look and give feedback!
Unread 11-22-2005, 11:39 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Thank you thank you thank you.. Agathorn, good luck and once again THANKYOU!
Unread 11-23-2005, 10:58 AM
A Griffon

Ok I wanted to give you an update on how this is all turning out.

First off you will need to know that to do exactly what you wanted so far just hasn't proven doable due to bugs and limitations. With that in mind however I set about visually reproducing what you wanted even if it isn't all exactly combinerd in one window. With snap-to-grid arrangement you can pretty much duplicate what you wanted, but the info is in a few seperate windows. I hope that in the end that will be good enough for you.

Now i've tried to go as much as possible to your mockup and guidelines though there were a few areas that I wasn't sure on and a few areas that might work better in other ways. Don't be afraid to ask for tweaks or changes here and there once I get this out to you. I don't mind.

Right now the way I have it all is working perfectly, but I have NOT yet resized any of it. For two reasons. First reason is I have been focused on functionality first and once thats good I will work on resizing. The second reason was I wanted to be absolutely sure you wanted it shrunk and HOW you wanted it shrunk (horizontally, verticaly, both) because even the default sizes (all based on the raid window) seem awfully small to me.

I'm going to attach two screenshots here then the XML files. Basically the way it works is you do have seperate target, impled, player, group, and raid windows but they are all designed to work together to create the unifed look you wanted. Also of note, and this is an area I can change that I wasn't certain how you wanted it, I current have the player info in the player window, but I also added the player name/level/bars into the first slot of the group window. The main reason I did that was because the raid window would normally show you as well, and so by adding you to the group window it all lined up better. Again that can be changed tweaked.

All the windows are szied on 5 pixel boundries so they snap together seamlessly. To solve the double edge problem of bugged gropu dynamic data that prevented me from pulling it out of the group window and the issue that you aren't always in raid group 1, I left the gropu info in the gropu window but made the raid/gropu windows in such a way that you can perfectly slip the gropu window into whatever spot is needed in the raid window. To do this you will find each group section in the raid window has a small button in the upper left corner (only shows up on mouse over of that specific section). Click that button will toggle that raid gropus visibility. So if for instance your group is in raid group 3, you would simply hide raid grroup 3 then slide the gropu window in its place. It will look visualyl like it belongs there Just line up the modded implied/target/player windows as desired and the look should be pretty darn close to what you wanted.

I apologize that the screenshots here only show a 4 person raid (2 per 2 groups) but at this time of day on test its hard to get some people together And we're all in different zones so some bars are greyed out.

The first screenshot here shows the looks. It also shows the gropu window to the right of the raid window so you can see how they are essentially the same. The second screenshot I hide group 1 from the raid and slid the group window into its place. Visually it looks like it belongs there
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000029.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	4143  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000030.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	4144  
Attached Files
File Type: zip AzRaid.zip (7.5 KB, 352 views)
Unread 11-23-2005, 12:05 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Outstanding job!!! Your right, resizing it wouldnt be good its small as it is. I only have a couple issues with it so far and once those are fixed it will be exactly what i was looking for.

1. I cant see whether mobs are ^ ^^ or ^^^ or whether they are heroic or epic or whatnot. Is it possible to add that somewhere?

2. I usually have all group info and raid info on the right something in the raid window is keeping me from moving it flush up against the edge. Maybe its the deseases and poison icons. (screenshot below)

3 i cant seem to put a border or implement a border or a background transparency to the raid window.

Other than those three things, this is hot man thank you verry much for your time!

Last edited by AzzAzzin : 11-23-2005 at 12:09 PM.
Unread 11-23-2005, 12:10 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzAzzin
Outstanding job!!! Your right, resizing it wouldnt be good its small as it is. I only have a couple issues with it so far and once those are fixed it will be exactly what i was looking for.
Ok i'll keep it at its current size then.

Quote:
1. I cant see whether mobs are ^ ^^ or ^^^ or whether they are heroic or epic or whatnot. Is it possible to add that somewhere?
In keeping with the minimal style of the raid window there just wasn't room. I will finagle with it a bit though and see how to best stick it in.

Quote:
2. I usually have all group info and raid info on the right something in the raid window is keeping me from moving it flush up against the edge. Maybe its the deseases and poison icons.
There is a small bit of padding on the edges of the window around the name/bars so that the window falls on an even divisable size of 5. I'll see what I can do to minimize that, but the snapping makes it a lot easier to line things up.

Quote:
3 i cant seem to put a border or implement a border or a background transparency to the raid window.
Hmm.. I'll take a look at that.
Unread 11-23-2005, 12:11 PM
A Griffon

Woah just saw you rpic.. its THAT far off from the right? Something is messed up. Did you try resetting the window location (that also resets size).

I'll take another look. It should only be a few pixels at most.
Unread 11-23-2005, 12:16 PM
A Griffon

Hey if you are going to be around for a bit and have access to EQ2, let me know and i'll make a character on your server and we can hash out the little things till we get it working right.
Unread 11-23-2005, 12:30 PM
A Forest Scavenger

resetting the window location fixed it. Thanks

There has got to be somewhere to put the up arrows and down arrows and epic/heroic info. Thats pretty important information lol

do what you can, once again i really appreciate your doing this and i know others will love it aswell.
Unread 11-23-2005, 12:34 PM
A Forest Scavenger

im on till 10:30 pst
Unread 11-23-2005, 12:34 PM
A Griffon

Working on putting them in now. I'll probably have to expand the window verticlly though to do it. The border/background issue has been fixed already so I hopefully will have a new copy to you soon.
Unread 11-23-2005, 01:50 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Ok i gotta go to work, ill be back on arround 9pm (PST) tonight. Again ty.
Unread 11-23-2005, 02:05 PM
A Griffon

Sorry I couldn't get anything to you before you left. I'm having some fights with the target window I'll have somethign for you when you get home though, or at least I should.