EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 06-25-2005, 06:57 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

You can move the heroic part anywhere you like in the window it will always pop up above or below the mob name =/ ... In otherwords it wont stay on the right.

I can make group window resize again for you np

And looks like I gotta clean up that target window as it is a FUBAR lol
Unread 06-25-2005, 11:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Ive been watching this thread / ui with grea anticipation. One thing i realy like in UI's is when they (not sure of the wording here) but look similar to the background images of TyeJae Night Steel 3.2 by Aeeolag http://www.eq2interface.com/download...ew.php?id=3341

see how the ui seems put together i wish i could word this better but i dont like the default UI with EQ 2 . i want something that gets rid of the bland normal look and feel of the Default UI. Im hopening when you get this UI ready togo that you can *begs* either do something along those lines, or release 2 versions one how the screen shots are lookin in this thread and one that has the feel i love.
Unread 06-25-2005, 02:13 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Sigh...why do forums hate me? I had a detailed and informative post all typed up then I hit preview and get an error page

To sum up what I'm not gonna type again, TyeJae Night Steel would be called a dashboard UI. They've become very popular and are a good no nonsense way to "fix it and forget it" UI style. I don't think the OP laotin or I really wants this UI to be as dramatic as TyeJae Night Steel, but I'm not opposed to the color scheme, and I really like how Aeeolag has changed the default gold/brown window elements and frames to a more classic looking silver (really all ya need to do is open up the dds files and switch all the art to greyscale ). Awaiting laotin's ok on these suggestions or input on a different color scheme.

As for the target window, I kind of like the layout and text placement of the target windows in Jaxel's OCD UI, here's a link. Keep the graphical look of the existing target windows of course, and leave the ^^ arrows where they belong over the target name, but would you mind emulating the placement of the text and %'s of his target for this UI? If just to see how it looks as compared to the way you have it, to make sure we end up with the cleanest look.

Thanks,
M
Unread 06-25-2005, 02:49 PM
A Griffon

Erm.. lol .. Was you asking me that question about the target window hun?

Personaly I like the way Jaxel has got stuff set up in his UI, But not sure if the target window like that would look right in this UI but could try it I guess

Going to post an update / fix to the existing one soon anyways
Unread 06-25-2005, 02:58 PM
A Griffon

Group resizable again .. and target fixed? (detailed view only)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Laffs_Healer_Delight.zip (15.4 KB, 220 views)
Unread 06-25-2005, 03:56 PM
A Griffon

Yeah I was just asking you to copy the layout of Jaxel's target not copy the whole thing to this UI. You know, just the placement of the target name and level and maybe even the %'s, most everything except for the bars themselves.
Anyways, I downloaded the updated version you posted and i see no change whatsoever to the target window or the group window. Are you testing these in game, or is that our job ? Target name is still just white for all NPC's and PC's instead of the correct con color, and the ^^ are still getting cut off.

Last edited by Eloora : 06-25-2005 at 05:51 PM.
Unread 06-25-2005, 08:10 PM
A Griffon

Weird... I tested the last version in game and it worked that last version was not tested in game... Think I will just bin that target window and start again lol somthing got messed up someplace by the looks and I cant spot it..

What I do know is my system is a bit under the weather as well as me lol , maybe its got gremlins also lol

Me going to make a fresh target window then, Also in the middle of making a new system on a diff drive to swap over....

Does the maintained and the effects windows work still though? as they is new versions?

Oh and BTW, Eloora yes you is the test master, I like the way you tell it straight lol

EDIT , just to expand on that its like yes mistress, no mistress heheh ... (just playing )

Last edited by Laffs : 06-25-2005 at 08:14 PM.
Unread 06-25-2005, 10:02 PM
A Sea Turtle

Laffs iam sorry i havent been testing and giving you my screenshots, i had family come into town, so i got on and raided a couple hours and then ive been offline entertaining family

I will DL the latest and post a screenshot of how it looks set up so you can do your troubleshooting thing
Unread 06-25-2005, 11:18 PM
A Griffon

RAWR

I feel bad posting so much input when this is mostly laotin's project hehe.
The group window does seem to be back to the way it was before, I may have put the wrong one in. Do you know there's an xml file for the group window both outside and inside the folder the zip file extracts to? I dunno if the two are the same or not.

Dunno what's up with the target window. I do have many other UI pieces installed that might be interfering with its proper display. I'll just wait for your reissue

Thanks again.

Last edited by Eloora : 06-25-2005 at 11:25 PM.
Unread 06-26-2005, 08:34 AM
A Griffon

Ah sorry its the group xml outside that you want to be using.. I forgot there is a folder in that zip I just dragged and dropped ontop of it lol

I will get my act together later today and work on this and test it on the test server (reason for using test server mainly because nobody knows me on there and I get peace to mess about with stuff lol)

Unread 06-26-2005, 11:34 AM
A Griffon

Stripped the backgrounds stats etc out of the Laffs perdition target, Give this a try
Attached Files
File Type: zip Laffs_Healer_Delight.zip (13.5 KB, 215 views)
Unread 06-26-2005, 12:37 PM
A Griffon

Target window again lol
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml (8.9 KB, 215 views)
Unread 06-26-2005, 01:40 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Target window again lol
Grabbed this window and stuck it in. It's looking better but still a little messy
As seen in attachment, the class of the target can be too close to the mana %, you might wanna move the class/level over to the left a bit. Also there's an extra level display on the target, is that intentional? It seems somewhat gratuitous. Sorry if I seem nit picky, but if the UI isn't visually balanced and there's something out of place, it throws the whole thing for me =\.

Keep up the good work laffs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	target issue.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	3006  
Unread 06-26-2005, 02:08 PM
A Griffon

Just put some dark sticky tape on your monitor over the top of where the extra level tag is, that will fix that one real quick

If you con different mobs you will see that they dont both display the level.. But I can take it out if you think it should be?
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml (8.9 KB, 224 views)
Unread 06-27-2005, 11:53 AM
A Sea Turtle

here is the latest screenie i took

everything is looking alot better, cept the target window doesnt con the target, the colors dont match up with the target's level weird

so the only thing left is target bars brushed up, and exp bars split down and style added for "flow" hehe
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000005.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	3013  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000006.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	3014  
Unread 06-27-2005, 02:13 PM
A Griffon

Dunno why the target bar keeps messsing up it works oks for me /shrug

Anyway I have started yet again working from the default one give this a go guys pls.. Sorry about this I realy dont know why it wont work for you.

Also the stats bar is left to do
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml (6.8 KB, 225 views)
Unread 06-29-2005, 01:17 PM
A Griffon

The target window is working properly now as far as displaying the target's con correctly, and I kinda like what you did with the hp and power %'s .

However the ^^ arrows are still getting cut off, the window is still not tall enough to clear them. Also the power bar of the target is not emptying whey target uses power, as seen in attachment, but the % does reflect the correct power.

Other than that I have one small request. Can you make the player window resizable vertically while still displaying correctly? It seems to be resizable already but the bars distort and fold up.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pwr bar issue.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	3037  

Last edited by Eloora : 06-29-2005 at 04:58 PM.
Unread 06-30-2005, 08:25 PM
A Griffon

Hmm .. damn target window never had these problems before lol oks will have another look

As for the player window lol.... I gotta sort the pack locations out for the bars I guess, they seem to be a law unto them self lol...

Since you seem to be using this I will work on it more to finish... I have left it for a few days 1 because of LU11 and also I thought interest had been lost.. due to the pending realese of the Extreem UI...

Failing me not being able to get the damn player window to co-operate , give me a size if not in pixels but in comparision to somthing else then I will make window to that spec for you insted
Unread 06-30-2005, 08:43 PM
A Sea Turtle

lol lost interest? no....

haha, i am still currently using everything except the target bar, waiting for the 2 exp bars and everything to tie in together best you can get it

Unread 06-30-2005, 09:02 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Hmm .. damn target window never had these problems before lol oks will have another look

As for the player window lol.... I gotta sort the pack locations out for the bars I guess, they seem to be a law unto them self lol...

Since you seem to be using this I will work on it more to finish... I have left it for a few days 1 because of LU11 and also I thought interest had been lost.. due to the pending realese of the Extreem UI...

Failing me not being able to get the damn player window to co-operate , give me a size if not in pixels but in comparision to somthing else then I will make window to that spec for you insted
Yeah my husband is eagerly awaiting the Extreme UI to be released. I'm not fully convinced I want to use that but I might try it just to see.

As for the player window, if you just wanna make a resized version, shrink it to somewhere between 50-70% height, with each bar slightly taller than the %'s on each one, is what I'd like to see.

Thanks
Unread 07-01-2005, 12:55 PM
A Griffon

Made the tier indicator a bit bigger.. see if that does the trick

Player window and the bars should size correctly in all directions now
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml (3.6 KB, 276 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml (6.8 KB, 210 views)
Unread 07-01-2005, 01:31 PM
A Griffon

Try this exp bar is this version HERE moved about a bit and the name added at the top....
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (11.3 KB, 257 views)
Unread 07-19-2005, 02:47 PM
A Griffon

This project get put on hold? I'm still using the group window and maintained window as they are my favorite pieces. Would consider using the target window again if the implied was provided.
Laotin or Laffs, what's your current take on this mod?
Unread 07-19-2005, 02:59 PM
A Griffon

Everyone seemed to loose interest.... So I figured heh why waste me time

Can fix up an implied target window for you Eloora if you wants one likes?

Unread 07-20-2005, 05:02 AM
A Sea Turtle

actually I am still using what was made everyday. I joined a new raiding guild, and some RL stuff came up thats why I didn't post.

I am still loving it, its fairly close to what I wanted, all the features I want are in this UI, finally all in one. The only thing missing is something to bring it all together and make it look like some of the other UI's. Example: extreme, the bottom one, can't think of all the names. But the new Extreme UI is the best example of "bringing it all together in a theme" I can think of off the top of my head.

This is a shot of how I currently set it up (minus the target bars)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	UI screenshot.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	3148