EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 01-31-2005, 03:24 PM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Possible to Link Store Window to Market?

Thanks again for the great mods. I was wondering if it would be possible to link the home Store window's list of items for sale to the 'Browse Market' window. In other words, would it be possible to have either a button or context-click option to look up the prices an item is currently selling for on the Marketplace? Put another way, I would select, say, "Severed Maple" from the store window and then click a button that automatically looks up how much other people are selling the same item for.
Unread 01-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

As far as I know of, there's no way to do this via a mod…but god have I wished there was every time I set up to unload a couple dozen adept 1s/advanced tradeskill books.
Unread 01-31-2005, 03:48 PM
A Griffon

I'm seeing if this is doable right now. Will have an answer for you in 30 minutes.

Quib
Unread 01-31-2005, 03:52 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
I'm seeing if this is doable right now. Will have an answer for you in 30 minutes.

Quib
/bmoc Quib
/hero Quib
Unread 01-31-2005, 03:55 PM
A Griffon

What is /bmoc?

Quib
Unread 01-31-2005, 04:07 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Big Man On Campus, it's one of the Star Wars: Galaxies emotes.
Unread 01-31-2005, 04:55 PM
A Griffon

Well, the good news is I have a button that copies the selected item's name to the market window.

The bad news is it copies line returns and the price of the item, so you have to delete the price before the search will work.

I'll either have a working version or a "sorry it just won't work right" for you guys in an hour or less. Cross your fingers.

Quib
Unread 01-31-2005, 05:00 PM
A Griffon

Default Sweet

I second the /bmoc.
Unread 01-31-2005, 07:14 PM
A Griffon

Ok, you guys get to help me beta test this.

When you select an item in the list, there's a new button above the "Set Price" button that says "Search for Item."

When pressed, the Market window opens with the name of the currently selected item will be already typed into the "Item Name" box.

This button doesn't reset the market window, so if you had any filters set, they will affect the search.

You have to either click "Find Items" in the market window, or (if you have a "just press enter" modded Market window" just press enter after clicking "Search for Item."

I'm attaching the modified Store window XML; I assume you already know how custom UIs work. Just drop it in your UI folder and try it out.

Bugs to look for:
Selected item isn't what's typed into market window.
Item selection highlight doesn't match the selected item text and icon.

If you can't find anything wrong, I'll get a readme done up and send it to the main downloads section.

Getting this to work was way more complicated that I had expected due to the selected item text having the item's price included in it. UI authors could probably learn a little from this XML.

Quib
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_store.xml (19.7 KB, 381 views)
Unread 01-31-2005, 07:26 PM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

"Freakin' Sweet" once again, Quib. I'll be putting this under the microscope later.
Unread 01-31-2005, 07:36 PM
A Griffon

Deathbane27, stuff to keep in mind and problems I had to solve:
- How to access a text string from a list where EQ2 duplicates the objects (so object names don't work well).
- How to get an equivalent to OnHoverIn for "row Selection" which only wanted to respond to OnHide/OnShow (OnHoverIn wasn't being called).
- How to keep the fake highlight sync'd with where the real one should be (still working on this).

Quib
Unread 01-31-2005, 07:45 PM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Heh, yeah, you're not kidding. It's going to take at least 5 minutes for comprehension to kick in. I'd better wait until midnight when my mind works in loops anyway.
Unread 01-31-2005, 08:13 PM
A Griffon

Here's a basic run-down of how it works:

I stretched the object "row Item Name" to 368, and gave it a Margin of "54,0,153,0" so that it appears just as it always has.

"row Item Name"s OnHoverIn passes it's "LocalText" value to an object I created to save variables. It's named "lblSelectedNameAndPrice_" (the underline is part of the name). The "row Item Name"s LocalText is saved on "lblSelectedNameAndPrice_"s LocalTooltip property. This OnHoverIn also sends "lblSelectedNameAndPrice_" it's location.

"Row Selection"s OnShow message grabs "lblSelectedNameAndPrice_"s Location property and applies it to the fake selection highlight (named QM_Selection) and makes QM_Selection visible. It then copies "lblSelectedNameAndPrice_"s LocalTooltip property to "lblSelectedNameAndPrice_"s LocalText property (this is how the selected objects name is determined, since LocalTooltip will change every time a text object gets OnHoverIn called). Then "row Selection" hides itself (this is required so OnShow will get called when you select another item).

When you press "Search for Item" (button name of QM_Search) it sends "lblSelectedNameAndPrice_"s LocalText value to the Market window's Item Name text field (using Parent.Parent.Parent.Market.TextItemName.LocalText). Then it hides then shows the Market window (hide then show to make sure it's on top after the button is pressed).

After that the user clicks Find Items or presses enter (if they have a "just press enter" modded Market window).

---

The current bug I'm trying to squash is if the user clicks "Start Selling," "Stop Selling" or clicks the "Merchandise" or "Sales Log" tabs, it moves the fake highlight and changes the item name to be searched for to the last item to get hovered over. This bug may be unfixable and users will just have to deal with it.

Quib

Last edited by Quib : 01-31-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Unread 01-31-2005, 09:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up

This is probably the MOST useful interface bit on the whole site. Kudos to both the person that had the idea and the mind that made it possible. From the bottom of my sore fingers, I thank you.
Unread 01-31-2005, 09:33 PM
A Griffon

Default In the words of Peter Griffin: Freakin Sweet (x2)

Glad I could pop up with a possibly do-able idear. The re-typing of the items into the market window has driven me nuts! I will test this out later tonight. If it works, I owe you SOOO many beers . Wanna even bigger brain teaser? How about the same kind of functionality being added to the context-sensitive menu on an inventory item via the /show_window Inventory.Market command . That would also rule .

Thanks again!!
Unread 01-31-2005, 09:40 PM
A Coastal Crab

A little different request but I see the basis of the ability to do this...may be...

Could this somehow be modded to support a predetermined set of searches in the market? For example, everytime I go shopping, I look up all my upcoming spells, harvest rares that I need, equipment I am looking to upgrade to, etc. Such a pain to type in all those items individually. Would be way easier if we can do one search for a whole list of items or have buttons for each that we can push
Unread 01-31-2005, 09:40 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberel
A little different request but I see the basis of the ability to do this...may be...

Could this somehow be modded to support a predetermined set of searches in the market? For example, everytime I go shopping, I look up all my upcoming spells, harvest rares that I need, equipment I am looking to upgrade to, etc. Such a pain to type in all those items individually. Would be way easier if we can do one search for a whole list of items or have buttons for each that we can push
You could make buttons that'd type stuff into the market window BUT these'd be very user specific. Regardless, you can't search for multiple things at once (there's no "OR" option for searches). So no finding oranges and roots in the same search.

I've thought of a way that'd allow such buttons to be very easy for an end user to customize, however, this isn't something I have the want or time to pioneer at the moment. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metavirus
How about the same kind of functionality being added to the context-sensitive menu on an inventory item via the /show_window Inventory.Market command.
I'll actually need this to be explained a bit. You mean add a search to the right click menu of items? If that IS what you meant, it can't be done, we don't have control over those sort of menus. If that ISN'T what you meant, please, elaborate.

Quib

Last edited by Quib : 01-31-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Unread 01-31-2005, 09:45 PM
A Griffon

Default Well, maybe not the right-click menu but...

"How about the same kind of functionality being added to the context-sensitive menu on an inventory item via the /show_window Inventory.Market command." I'll actually need this to be explained a bit. You mean add a search to the right click menu of items? If that IS what you meant, it can't be done, we don't have control over those sort of menus. If that ISN'T what you meant, please, elaborate.

Well, instead of right-click, how about a button in a bag window or the inventory window that will look up the item in the market?
Unread 01-31-2005, 10:04 PM
A Griffon

The problem is, I don't think there's any way to grab the item's name. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a way to grab an item's name except MAYBE from the item tooltip, but then you get the item's stats (the ones that show in the item's tooltip) and there' no way to cut away the unwanted text.

Quib
Unread 01-31-2005, 11:04 PM
Steward of the Faithful

*gets back from beating up Gnolls in Blackburrow for their totems and posts a couple dozen ad1s and advanced tradeskill books* D'oh. I should have checked this thread again before I typed out all those names. Quib, you are the absolute man…or woman…whichever you happen to be. Kudos, and be sure I'm going to test this one a lot. (And try to decipher it…so much to learn still)

Last edited by ger : 01-31-2005 at 11:07 PM.
Unread 01-31-2005, 11:06 PM
A Griffon

Make sure you get the version I already posted deciphered before I post this next (and hopefully "final") version because it's gonna be even worse.

Quib
Unread 01-31-2005, 11:09 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
Make sure you get the version I already posted deciphered before I post this next (and hopefully "final") version because it's gonna be even worse.

Quib
What else have I got to do at work tomorrow? Oh…right…work. (Yeah, right hahaha )
Unread 01-31-2005, 11:52 PM
A Griffon

Default After testing

Wow, this is amazing. It works great but there is some occasional problematic switching of focus when switching from market window back to store window. But, this is one of the best mods ever.
Unread 01-31-2005, 11:54 PM
A Griffon

"problematic switching of focus"
Could you explain this one a little?

I almost have the selected item "randomly" changing issue solved, but am not quite sure what problem you're referring to.

Quib
Unread 02-01-2005, 12:03 AM
A Griffon

Default Sorry for the imprecision

Here is my usage flow:

1. Select item under Store's merchandise tab. Click "Search for Item".
2. After window opens, hit 'Enter' key to execute search.
3. After results displayed, move mouse back to "Set Price" in Store window and click.
4. Set price and click Ok
5. When price is set, the current selection is inadvertently moved from the item prviously selected (normally toward the top of the list) to the last item *currently viewable* in the Store item list .