Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Closed Thread
Unread 11-26-2008, 11:02 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
No, actually I tested this and it is something else. This event fires if you click on a [link] (item link, command link, etc.).

Getting an event when a new line is added can probably be done, but I know of no way of extracting text from the chat window.
Can you tell which tab its from? Because if so then you don't need to be able to tell what the chat is saying.

Basically you'd have a tab that only contains your outgoing damage, and when that tab recieves text you'd issue a /dofilecommand autoattack.txt
Then you'd have a tab that only contains the chat for a custom channel. Say /join gm9attack
Then you grab the channel number, and put that in a custom ACT plugin. When ACT detects an auto attack, it will put the following in a file called autoattack.txt.
/<channel number> Attack

So when the tab containing your custom channel recieves text you then manipulate the autoattack bar.

The act plugin will just clear the file contents when a non autoattack value is recieved.
Unread 11-26-2008, 11:49 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I think it would be pure luck if ACT finished processing the log and writing to the macro before the UI's event script calls the macro. Theoretically the UI event would fire first.
Unread 11-26-2008, 01:23 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to dragowulf Send a message via MSN to dragowulf

Quote:
drago, I actually went and rewatched the video again, this time in slow motion. For the most time the ranged bar starts before the bubble shows up (the last attack is frame synchronous to the bubble though). On the other hand around 0:37 the melee bar is completely out of sync with both the animation and the combat bubble. So he must be updating via either dynamic data or an outside application. Since I don't think the animation would be out of sync with dynamic data (because if I understand Rothgar correctly the server triggers the auto-attack, not the client, so the dynamic data would always be in sync) he's probably using a log parser.

I noticed that as well. He said he is not using any third party app. But his video, and our lack of logical answers only leads to that.
Unread 11-26-2008, 02:48 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Well the animation of autoattacks gets delayed / out of sync quite often. I've known combat bubbles do too, but I figured the events would still fire on time.

So if he told you that he isn't using a 3rd party app

then we know:
No combat bubbles
No loop
No 3rd party app

That leaves us chat window, dynamic data, or possibly something with the inventory slots.

I'm leaning away from dynamic data, since he has made it knows that asking for the dynamic data from rothgar is silly.

So we have chat window and inventory slots, can someone map all the fields of the primary, secondary and ranged inventory slots to a window and turn auto attack on, see if anything in them changes?
Unread 11-26-2008, 03:26 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
So that leaves those dynamic data out. Now I'm beginning to doubt that raz actually made one without a third party exe.
While I am a programing student, I'm also new to it. I don't have the knowledge to do anything like that.

And for the record I have never lied about this UI mod, if you want to believe that or not its the truth.
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:41 PM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone
Send a message via AIM to nluerdarea

Quote:
Originally Posted by samejima View Post
While I am a programing student, I'm also new to it. I don't have the knowledge to do anything like that.

And for the record I have never lied about this UI mod, if you want to believe that or not its the truth.
If your mod is indeed truthfully real, then I'm sure that the good people in this thread will eventually figure it out, although this brainstorming is a little painful. If you ever decide to share your mod, or at least your method of making it work, I'm sure it would be well received by the community. However, that is your choice and your choice alone. They have come pretty far from thinking it is impossible and you have sparked many peoples interests in this concept. I just like how clean yours looks and would love it if you released it =)
Unread 11-26-2008, 05:53 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by reins View Post
Well the animation of autoattacks gets delayed / out of sync quite often. I've known combat bubbles do too, but I figured the events would
still fire on time.
Ah ok, didn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nluerdarea View Post
They have come pretty far from thinking it is impossible
All we ever said is that the UI cannot know when the toon swings, and so far unfortunately we have found nothing to dispute that, even though razieh seems to imply that there is something that we overlooked.

But in any case I like this thread for the collaboration and the teaching of eq2 ui scripting concepts. Even if they never find the solution, if there is one, at least it was a good exercise and hopefully other fine mods will spring from it.
Unread 11-26-2008, 06:25 PM
A man among men

Quote:
But in any case I like this thread for the collaboration and the teaching of eq2 ui scripting concepts. Even if they never find the solution, if there is one, at least it was a good exercise and hopefully other fine mods will spring from it.
Yes, that's why we kept it going even though there's a big chance that Rothgar might add it. It helps me understand xml much more. Hell I didn't know about the cond. and all that stuff until this thread. Calaboration is always good as well.

Anywhoooo... I'm still looking at some factors that we might have missed and will continue to try and finish this project.
Unread 11-26-2008, 06:29 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

You're doing great dragowulf

Keep up the good work and I"ll keep helping with the brainstorming
Unread 11-28-2008, 12:31 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Opening window

Can it be the profit autoupdater is missing some files?
If i press the button to try the autoattcalc i dont get any windows.
Unread 11-28-2008, 01:15 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

maybe you have some files on ignore.
Unread 11-28-2008, 01:33 PM
A man among men

Probably needs to add the window to eq2ui_custom.xml
Unread 08-09-2009, 01:43 PM
A Berserk Golem

I can confirm haste seems to be making it a bit off. I just noticed recently one time the auto attack bar reset when it wasn't even completed yet.
Unread 08-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedycerv View Post
I can confirm haste seems to be making it a bit off. I just noticed recently one time the auto attack bar reset when it wasn't even completed yet.
If you are using one which uses the dynamic data then haste should not be throwing it off. (Bear in mind you posted in a thread that is over half a year old).
Unread 08-09-2009, 03:28 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Things like ripostes will reset the bar prematurely. Even ripostes through avoidance buffs where you are not even being attacked.
Unread 08-09-2009, 03:48 PM
A man among men

Because the devs added DynamicData for timing auto attacks, my code discussed in this thread is no longer viable.

Here are two separate mods that function as auto attack timers:
Auto Attack Bar~ and [DragowulfUI] Auto Attack Timer

I'm requesting a lock on this thread for obvious reasons.

Last edited by dragowulf : 08-09-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Unread 08-09-2009, 06:37 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
I'm requesting a lock on this thread for obvious reasons.
Agreed, please don't resurrect ancient threads (that also goes for the other thread you necroed).
Closed Thread