Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow
Cool

Wow Quib...

Unread 02-01-2005, 12:04 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Alright, that's the issue I'm currently working on. I hadn't encountered it in exactly that form, so thanks for the heads up; will squash that bug too.

Quib
Unread 02-01-2005, 12:06 AM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Paradigm Suggestion

This thread seems to pose some interesting ideas for cross-module functionality. If we can take an item from the store window and look it up in the broker window, what else can we do?
Unread 02-01-2005, 12:20 AM
A Griffon

/shrug, I implement stuff, I rarely have original ideas. But I can typically accurately tell you whether something can or can't be done. Keep asking questions and I should keep having answers.

Here's the next and hopefully final version of this window. The bug was much easier to fix than I originally thought. Check it out and see if it still has any problems.

Quib
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_inventory_store.xml (19.9 KB, 367 views)
Unread 02-01-2005, 12:36 AM
A Griffon

Default n't worry, I'll keep posting :-D

I don't think you have any worries about me continuing to post new ideas. Some linkage btwn the broker window and any place where an item appears would be great but probably a bit excessive.

As for the mod, it works great. The bug we mentioned is fixed. Is there no way to prompt a function in a another window to execute (i.e. the search button)? This is really a minor point as I really don't mind hitting enter in replacement of typing every friggin item's name . THANKS THANKS THANKS! L:-D

Great work!
Unread 02-01-2005, 12:45 AM
A Griffon

There isn't any way currently known (and it likely just isn't possible) to press one button with another button. This keeps us from making game automating macro loops.

For the curious: I fixed the bug by adding an OnHoverOut event to "row Item Name" that reset "lblSelectedNameAndPrice_"s Location and LocalTooltip properties (in case the user doesn't select that item after hovering over it).

Quib

Last edited by Quib : 02-01-2005 at 01:22 AM.
Unread 02-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost

Good work, Quib!
Unread 02-25-2005, 09:52 PM
A Brown Bear

Question What if??

more on the thought of linking gear and spells into a market search...

You know how you can link your gear to your chat window, you can also link your spell icons to the chat window. Is there some way to make the ui do this with the market search window? Drag the link/icon over to the search window and have it type in the name of the item, like it does in the chat screen??? Have the search window modified to recognize it in that same way??

I know zip about programming... not the least bit suprised if it can't be done. But I know there are some really, really clever people that whip these things up too. Better to find out it can't be done, than to always wonder IF it could work!
Unread 02-25-2005, 10:27 PM
A Griffon

It's a good thought, but not possible. The dragging of stuff into the chat window is a hardcoded function.

Keep in mind, these UIs involve essentially 0 programming. We can do a little bit of quirky scripting (which I guess counts as programming) which let's us screw with the XML dynamically, but XML is just looks; a textual representation of graphics. All we're really doing with the UI is changing how it looks.

Quib
Unread 03-04-2005, 06:19 PM
A Griffon

Default Quasi-bug

Not sure why this happens but here goes... When I initially start the game and for a while after, the price displayed in the in-house broker window shows the price of an item wothout a broker fee added in. Later on when I use it again, the broker window-in-house starts showing the price of items with a broker fee factored in. Is this an SOE problem?
Unread 03-10-2005, 09:53 PM
A Coastal Crab

I am wondering if it is possible to make a button in market window to grab the name of the selected item in the store window and search it on the market? (so we don't have to make the button in the store window to press the button in the market window, as it is impossible.)

Or is it possible to merge the market window into the store window (like some mod merges the xp. window into the player window), so the search action is done in the same window?

--

Another little idea (unrelated to above): how about adding a button to search the market with the name of selected item in the market? For example, I want to buy a new ring so I search the market with keyword "ring", and I find that the "ancient ring" is good and I will buy it. I have to re-search the market with keyword "ancient ring" to find the lowest price. So if there is a button to search the market with the name of selected item in the market (in this case, it is ancient ring), it would be very convenient.

Thanks a lot. : )
Unread 04-06-2005, 01:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

with live update 6 this mod no longer work ... is there a way to fix it , i was loving it really ))
Unread 04-06-2005, 01:22 PM
A Griffon

Yeah, Humudce was super nice and transferred the code over the new version of the window for me so I'll have the download updated really soon. Just got home and didn't know Live Update 6 was hitting today.

Quib