EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 03-09-2007, 07:59 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default UI selection popup window

I am having a problem with UI settings selection window showing up when I log in to a different toon. for example I would like to use the window settings of my main toon on an alt I created. It used to be when I logged in on the new or alt toon, I would get the selection screen. Now I do not.

Any suggestions?
Unread 03-09-2007, 09:55 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Mistmoore

While on the character you want to use the settings for from your main, type the following into the chat window:

/load_uisettings

Select the appropriate character, and voila. You will have to set up your chat channel customizations, but that's it .

Fenuxx Reign - 70 Templar (MISTMOORE)
Salazzar Slytherine - 46 Shadowknight (MISTMOORE)
Fenixx Reigns - 20 Fury (MISTMOORE)
Faytalis Thunderstriker - 18 Necromancer (MISTMOORE)

Tulenroh Soulreaper - 25 Shadowknight (NAGAFEN)
Unread 03-12-2007, 06:30 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeForceTony
You will have to set up your chat channel customizations, but that's it .
Just wondering what chat channel customizations you mean? I use this command all the time, and it also copies all my chat channel settings to the new character. Assuming i leave all channels before using this command, it sets the channels to exactly the same way my main has them, including chat numbers, and the windows I have them set to go to.
Unread 03-13-2007, 04:05 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Some channels might not be appropriate/available for your alt. For instance you're alt might be from another city, in another guild, of another class, and of a lower level. In this case almost none of the channels your main is useing would be apropriate and there may be others that would be useful.

You might also want different chat windows with different filtering based on class. Example: As a raid tank you prbly want combat spam filtering to several different windows (Your's, Mob's, Other's, All). As a chanter you prbly care more about mez breaks, resists, etc.

Also keep in mind, different classes place a higher importance on different UI windows. Healers and hybrid classes tend to focus more on the group window while other classes couldn't care less. You may want to repossition windows to suit the alt's class. Note: This is the primary reason the Fetish UI does not use a HUD style (one layout fits all) setup.