EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-10-2005, 11:01 PM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Windows not staying put!!

I just started having this problem today. Three of my four chat windows at the bottom of my screen will not retain the positions I set them to. I have tried camping with them set-up like I want, and every time now I log back on they are back in the position on my screen cap. Any ideas on how to get them to stay on the bottom of the screen is appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cap.jpg
Views:	1263
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	691  
Unread 01-10-2005, 11:21 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

What happens when you zone with them in the right spot?
Unread 01-10-2005, 11:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor

I am having exactly the same problem. Zoning is not a problem, but switching characters...BOOM. The windows are moved, or hidden, and all of the chat options are set to defaults.

It seems that only the chat windows are problamatic in my case. Compass, Group, and Hotkeys stay the same, but the Hotkeys sometimes are hidden and have to be turned back on.
Unread 01-10-2005, 11:38 PM
A Mist Grinnin

When I zone they stay put..
Unread 01-11-2005, 11:31 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedFable
I am having exactly the same problem. Zoning is not a problem, but switching characters...BOOM. The windows are moved, or hidden, and all of the chat options are set to defaults.

It seems that only the chat windows are problamatic in my case. Compass, Group, and Hotkeys stay the same, but the Hotkeys sometimes are hidden and have to be turned back on.
Characters have 2 differen't INI's for huds.
Unread 01-11-2005, 11:32 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
When I zone they stay put..
Have you moved them into place, zoned, then camped to desktop while in fullscreen, then loaded game back up to see if they were in correct place?

Did you do the read-only thing? If so, did you do it after they were in the right place? Don't move the windows and do the read-only thing until AFTER you zone.
Unread 01-11-2005, 11:41 AM
a hedgehog
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen

see if your UI files are read-only
________
PRILOSEC ATTORNEY

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:20 AM.
Unread 01-11-2005, 11:33 PM
A Mist Grinnin

I have tried the ini read only trick, and they are still in the incorrect spot. I tried setting the windows where I want them.. Then zoning, then changing the ini to read only. Then I camped, logged back in, and they are still in the wrong spots..
Unread 01-12-2005, 02:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yep, same problem here. Again, not only do the windows move, the chat options have changed completely as well.
Unread 01-16-2005, 10:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Here is what fixed my problem, although my 2nd chat window for some reason is hidden when I first log on.

Delete your UI folder, eq2ui_settings.ini ,eq2_recent.ini and the EverQuest2.exe files from your EQ2 directory. Once all are deleted, run the game again.

Run a Full Scan

I had the components of my UI downloaded...so when I made my Custom Folder again, I just simply overwrote the files that needed to be overwriten. The bitch is I had to start from scratch on all 8 characters...but I haven't had the same problems that I was having.

Hope this fixes your problem as well Mackgee.
Unread 01-16-2005, 12:22 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Nakedfable.. what do you mean you had to start from scratch with your characters?
Unread 01-16-2005, 04:00 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Everfrost

I think he means setting up the UI like where all the window go did a rollback because of a bad driver on mie and my characters disapeared from the launchpad but were in the character select screen ten had to move every thing back to where I wanted
Unread 01-16-2005, 11:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well, when you delete the character.ini files...you loose your UI settings per each character.

I have had no problems since...even exiting without camping.
Unread 01-17-2005, 03:44 AM
A Coastal Crab

I have fixed my chat window position and settings (what chat goes where) by exiting the game, reverting to default UI (renamed eq2.ini), set all chats and filters, exiting the game, and renaming back the eq2.ini.

Now all chats are where they are expected to be found

There was something wrong in my UI wich is made with a mix of what I found in this forum.

I hope this will help you all
Unread 01-17-2005, 02:09 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Lavastorm

OK this is what FINALLY worked for me. I tried everything in this forum and even experimented, but here is what worked...

---<WARNING>---
This will delete all your option settings just like you hit the Set to Defaults button.

1.) Delete the file in your EQ2 directory "eq2_recent.ini"
2.) Start game as usual, but wait till the pre-options screen comes up...
3.) Choose Resolution, then log in and start rest of game
4.) Customise all you options from scratch in OPTIONS menus.

Now you should be able to play as normal changing stuff at will when ever you like and it will save for all chars. No special log in/out required or setting files to read only.

One other tip for those who don't already know this...
If you have multiple toons and hate setting up the UI for every toon, then do this...

1.) Choose 1 toon and setup everything in the UI how u like
2.) Find the file in the EQ2 directory should be something like server_toon_eq2_uisettings.ini
3.) Copy a duplicate of it and name exactly the same as the 2nd toon's UI file.
4.) Copy the newer ini file overwritting the 2nd toon's ini file.
5.) Log into game and your 2nd toon should have exact same UI setup as your 1st toon.

Hope this helps ANYONE!! Cuz it took me forever to figure all this junk out.
Trip
Unread 01-17-2005, 08:59 PM
A Brown Bear

I too fixed my UI chat windows. For me I took the no brainer way out and deleted the entire Sony folder after uninstallation. I can now customize my chat windows without problems. Well thats not true, they still have that bug that defaults all of the Freeport channels to your main chat window. I have them going to my spam window.

As a side effect of deleting the Sony folder, somehow the game still remembered most of my keyboard layout, hotbar buttons, and chat color settings. Most other settings were reset to default. I am now NOT going to be using custom UI mods because I bet you that's what gave me the bug in the first place. And I'd rather not go through that again. However, if someone comes to me with the bug and has not modded their UI files, then I might think about it.
Unread 01-19-2005, 01:04 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedFable
Here is what fixed my problem, although my 2nd chat window for some reason is hidden when I first log on.

Delete your UI folder, eq2ui_settings.ini ,eq2_recent.ini and the EverQuest2.exe files from your EQ2 directory. Once all are deleted, run the game again.

Run a Full Scan

I had the components of my UI downloaded...so when I made my Custom Folder again, I just simply overwrote the files that needed to be overwriten. The bitch is I had to start from scratch on all 8 characters...but I haven't had the same problems that I was having.

Hope this fixes your problem as well Mackgee.

I did exactly this, and now all my problems are solved. It's a bit of work to get the all the windows back in place, but in the long run it's easier then moving them every time I logon. Thanks NakedFable.
Unread 02-08-2005, 08:23 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I've deleted my INI files, set everything up from scratch, and still have the same issue. (Bags not staying put)

One thing that I noticed is that the position of some windows seems to be getting set relative to the letterbox, and others to the screen border. I changed the size of the letterbox and 2 of my bags moved with it?! Is there something in the xml I should be looking for to tell it to use absolute positioning for all of the bag windows? I currently have no letterbox which I thought might help, but my bags still come back to the same goofy spots whenever I log in.