EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 09-18-2007, 10:14 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Faydark
Default .ini file question

when I make a new .ini file to put in my custom ui folder, do I delete the eq2.ini file? Or should I leave it there?
Unread 09-18-2007, 10:21 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

If you have an eq2.ini file already then you should just edit that file to include the additional information pertaining to your custom UI. That way you won't lose any functionality that your existing eq2.ini file already provides.
Unread 09-18-2007, 10:23 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Okay, so I should take this one:

cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_ui_skinname honor

r_aa_blit 1

and change it to this??

cl_ui_skinname beckysui
cl_ui_subdir UI/

then save it as beckysui.ini? Basically overwriting the one that came with the ui that I downloaded?

Last edited by Conjureous : 09-18-2007 at 10:25 AM. Reason: left out important info
Unread 09-18-2007, 10:25 AM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to FloridaFringe Send a message via AIM to FloridaFringe Send a message via MSN to FloridaFringe

If you are changing your existing custom UI directory to beckysui from honor then yes. Just make sure to keep the r_aa_blit 1 line so that you won't lose AA.
Unread 09-18-2007, 10:27 AM
A Forest Scavenger

k, so the only reason that I have to change this is so that when I load a ui it has my name on it? Because otherwise I don't care if it shows as Honor UI or beckysui...lol
Unread 09-18-2007, 10:47 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Okay, I followed instructions and it didn't work. Don't I need to load it from within the game? And if so, how?
Unread 09-18-2007, 10:47 AM
A Griffon

I wouldn't know the reasons why you would want to change it but if that's the only one then I would just keep it as is. Although, I recently renamed mine to Custom just for the sake of it. I liked that better since it will now display just above the Default directory for easy navigation.

If you are keeping your existing custom UI then there wouldn't be any other reason for renaming it other than for such minor reasons.
Unread 09-18-2007, 10:49 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conjureous View Post
Okay, I followed instructions and it didn't work. Don't I need to load it from within the game? And if so, how?
Maybe you could explain exactly what you are trying to accomplish and then we could take it step by step.
Unread 09-18-2007, 10:51 AM
A Forest Scavenger

lol, I got the instructions on here. It's in the "installing custom ui's" thread. He said to make a new file and call it bobsui.ini (except put your own name where bob is...lol) I honestly don't care what it's alled or anything, I just want it to work....lol
Unread 09-18-2007, 10:53 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFringe View Post
Maybe you could explain exactly what you are trying to accomplish and then we could take it step by step.
I just want the honor ui to work, simple.... Doesn't matter what it's called or anything, I was just following instructions from the Install thread...

Besides, like I said, I can't figure out how to load it once I'm in game anyway. Or does it automatically change the standard eq2 ui to the new custom one once to download it?
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:04 AM
A Griffon

Since the Honor UI comes with an eq2.ini file then you don't need to follow the generic installation instructions on creating a new eq2.ini file. Those instructions are only for UIs that don't already have an eq2.ini file. Essentially you are trying 2 separate procedures that are clashing with each other. There is only need to run one or the other. In this case, run with the Honor UI and you'll be all set.
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:05 AM
A Forest Scavenger

okay, and it will load automatically when I enter the game? Or do I have to manually load it like it used to be years ago?
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:11 AM
A Griffon

The problem that you might be having could be caused by how he has the zip file packaged. If you extract the contents of the zip file into your EverQuest II directory you will then need to manually move the honor folder to the UI directory. Once that is all done then load up the game and use the /load_uisettings command and select Antonia Bayle Jethal from the listing that appears. That should do it for you.

1. Extract to EverQuest II directoy
2. Manually move the "honor" directory to the UI directory
3. Start Game
4. /load_uisettings
5. Select Antonia Bayle Jethal from the list

Essentially he has 3 files in the zip and 2 belong in the root EverQuest II directory while one belongs in the EverQuest II\UI directory.
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:15 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Okay, yeah, I just went in again and no custom ui. All it did was mess up my chat window =/ Gonna dlete the whole new folder I made and reinstall using your instructions and see if it works.
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:20 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

1. If the UI you download comes with a preconfigured eq2.ini there is really no point in changing it.

2. The UI you are trying to install has not been updated by the author for nearly two years and is now 18 game updates behind. Even if you installed it correctly it will likely not work.
Unread 09-18-2007, 11:31 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Well, it worked, but alas...it's missing all sorts of stuff like the cool border =/ Any suggestions on a good ui that's up to date?
Unread 09-18-2007, 12:00 PM
A Forest Scavenger

trying the extreme ui thing....hopefully it works
Unread 09-18-2007, 01:56 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Conjureous, are you still having issues? If so, let me try to help.

I noticed in a couple of your posts above you mentioned saving the eq2.ini file as different names (which appeared to be reflecting the names of the folders containing your ui files). This is not what you should be doing. The file name should remain as eq2.ini, and the references to the folder containing the files should be within the eq2.ini file (as shown above in your second post on this thread).

If this is already clear to you, please ignore this post. I was simply trying to alleviate any potential confusion in the air.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"