EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 08-19-2021, 05:31 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Experience Bar Not Saving

Hey folks. I am back after another long time away. I went into DarqUI and wanted to fix up the experience bar for one of my toons. I go in and change it to something simple, see the xp.jpg and what I get after I save and go into eq2 is game.jpg

What am I doing wrong here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xp.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	9375  Click image for larger version

Name:	game.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	9376  
Unread 08-20-2021, 07:24 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

If it's been a long time make sure you have the newest utility version, and if you reinstalled the game make sure the utility is pointing to the correct installation folder. Any time you make changes to a component with the utility, click Autosave (or close the utility) and restart the game.

When your character loads, check to see if the correct XP bar is showing. For example if you configured the AA bar, switch to that and check the stats area. And finally I would try changing just a couple of stats from inside the game instead of using the utility. Then reopen the utility to that character's XP window and verify that the changes match.

Unread 08-20-2021, 11:44 AM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqwood View Post
If it's been a long time make sure you have the newest utility version, and if you reinstalled the game make sure the utility is pointing to the correct installation folder. Any time you make changes to a component with the utility, click Autosave (or close the utility) and restart the game.

When your character loads, check to see if the correct XP bar is showing. For example if you configured the AA bar, switch to that and check the stats area. And finally I would try changing just a couple of stats from inside the game instead of using the utility. Then reopen the utility to that character's XP window and verify that the changes match.

I upgraded to the latest 3.1.2.9 (I was on .8). I checked a toon that I modified the bar in game last night and it isn't showing in the utility. Is there a way I can force it to reread them or remove them and have them rebuilt?
Unread 08-21-2021, 09:19 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dufosnee View Post
I upgraded to the latest 3.1.2.9 (I was on .8). I checked a toon that I modified the bar in game last night and it isn't showing in the utility. Is there a way I can force it to reread them or remove them and have them rebuilt?

Yes, and I'll show you how to do that. But first, if you changed a setting in-game that's not showing up in the utility, I'm still thinking the utility may not be looking at the right folder. On the Files page of the utility click Open in File Explorer and make sure the folder path at the top is the correct, most recent location of the game.

To rebuild XP stat bars, go to the Experience page in the utility for any character and click Auto-fill all stat bars. This will wipe out all six stat bars and replace them with defaults. If you want to use the same group of stats for all six XP bars, click Copy these stats to all bars.

Click Autosave at the top and then restart the game with that character. Please post again if this doesn't get things straightened out.

Unread 08-22-2021, 03:57 PM
A Berserk Golem

I checked the file explorer and it is going to the right folder. One thing I have noticed, I do not have an "Autosave" option, I just have a save. I saw on your videos you have an autosave. Am I running a different version or are you?

I did what you suggested on one of my toons. I did Auto-Fill and saved. I then logged in and I have different stats there. I have attached a pic of the DarqUI screen and what I see in game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dui.png
Views:	114
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	9392  Click image for larger version

Name:	saved.png
Views:	117
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	9393  

Last edited by dufosnee : 08-22-2021 at 04:03 PM.
Unread 08-23-2021, 07:55 AM
A Griffon

To use Autosave, go to the Settings page, Save options, and choose Automatic from the dropdown.

Your utility screenshot shows the default Adventure bar stats, while the in-game image shows default Tithe bar stats. Just to make sure this is clear: there are six different stat groups, one for each experience type. As you cycle through all the experience bars, the stat area changes to a customizable set of stats appropriate to that XP type. Take a look at this article for more info. If you would rather have one certain group of stats for all XP types you can click Copy these stats to all bars.