EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 12-13-2004, 01:14 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks! I was able to download it successfully. However, I do have a few questions to ask because I cannot seem to load the page correctly with parsing my own chat log.

What happens when I load the page, is it brings up the page similar to your link, in it lists all of the encounters and such (when you click on them it says that the page cannot be found...very obvious why)

I guess what I'm curious of is, what lines of code would I need to change to make it work with my chatlog. Also, what if the chatlog was on a different drive, would we be able to access it from the other drive?
Unread 12-13-2004, 07:10 AM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by damageps
Thanks! I was able to download it successfully. However, I do have a few questions to ask because I cannot seem to load the page correctly with parsing my own chat log.

What happens when I load the page, is it brings up the page similar to your link, in it lists all of the encounters and such (when you click on them it says that the page cannot be found...very obvious why)

I guess what I'm curious of is, what lines of code would I need to change to make it work with my chatlog. Also, what if the chatlog was on a different drive, would we be able to access it from the other drive?
the parser.php page has to be run each time you want it to update... right now it just has my old page..

and just edit the path in the parser.php file to whatever you would like, relative or absolute path... c:\blah\blah\whatever
Unread 12-14-2004, 08:21 AM
A Brown Bear

Thumbs Up

I finally got everything working. This is an excellent parser! By far the best so far. I've tested 3 parsers so far, but most of them are generic and list maybe 10 stats, dps, hits, misses, etc.

Its good to see one that parses as much as the fight as possible as yours, I really like being able to see how much dmg the mob has done as well as being able to compare it to the others in the group.

The only thing that would make it better and I dont even know if its possible would be a way to tell what weapon was being used and/or what type of damage. Certain mobs are more vulnerable to crush, slash, or pierce, so I think thats a pretty good way to find out where/when you should switch to your best weapon of that nature.

Anyway, great parser!!
Unread 01-09-2005, 02:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default php?

stupid question - what php do i need to install to be able ot use this sorry for newb question
Unread 01-09-2005, 03:20 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Neriak

I am unsure how close php is to any other language, but have you thought about making an executable for those who don't have the know-how to set up php?

For example, the python language could be used - it has php support, and there are programs that allow you to compile it into a standalone executable.
Unread 01-10-2005, 06:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default php?

can anyone help me to get this working, id like to test out some weapons to see which one is best for me -- I DL php 5.0.3 -- i get a bunch of files, and nothing that seems to install -- .

I have his parser downloaded and extracted i get a folder named Eq2log..

i have my Log from game ready to parse.. just not sure what to do next..

i open the parse.php with notepad -- but its all jibberish- and im guessing i have to open it with php installed to be able to point it to my log file from game?

any help is much appreciated.. i dont know Php at all
Unread 01-17-2005, 04:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Blackburrow
Default EQ Companion

I would like to recomend EQ Companion .

EQ Companion is a parser for EQI but the developer has released a EQII version.

It parse fights, loot, skills, factions, players and chat.

You can run the parser in the background and have it monitoring your log while playing just remember to type /log when you have logged into the game. You can even turn on speech thus have the parser tell you dps at the end of each fight for instance.

The fights are parsed for you, your group and mobs. It shows a list of the fights and when you clik on a fight you can see detailed info on that fight. The details are in two separet windows, the first window shows details on you, each member in the group and the mob/mobs and contains attack type, dmg, dmg%, dps, hit%, hps, maxh, minh and damage dealth to you. The second window shows all the fight messages like throwing buffs, debuffs, fizzels, hits, resists etc.
The fight list shows per fight your total dmg, your dps, the groups total dmg, the mobs total dmg and mobs max dmg.
The separate fights can be linked and calculated as one fight. Very handy for field researces.

I always have the parser running in the bacground and monitor how the group is doing. This gives me a good tool to adjust my fights and to give advices to my group mates. When grouping with peeps I don't know the first thing I do is telling them I am parsing our fights and ask them I they do mind I throw in some advices here and there. Well, most of them find my advices very usefull.

Items can be looket up in linket item databases like Allakhazam. The parser keeps list over time that keeps tracks on loot and harvested items.

The chat channelse are kept in seperate windows.

The /who keeps a list of people you have found and where and when they last were sighted.

The parser is also able to look for your /loc commands and show location, route and speed on the map on the fly, but so far I have not been able to get it to work in EQII.

If you experience that the parser is slowing your computer you can adjust what the parser should parse. For instance you may cose only to parse fight data.

The log file get big pretty fast. Rename your current log-file once in a while (I do it once a week). The game will create a new one next time you log in and you can always read the old logs into the parser. You can even have the parser to read several log files at once.

There are tons of details to dive into not mentioned here and if you find EQ Companion as usefull as I do you, have found yet another tool that is indispensabel and you are never going to turn it off again

Ainlor
Wizzard and Provisioner
Blackburrow
Member of Fabulae Marrii
Unread 01-17-2005, 11:18 AM
A Griffon
Featured

It can do all that yea, but then you have to turn on filters for everyone's damage, and that's too much spam for me

I have self hits/misses, enemy hits, pet hits (if I have a pet), and self spells. Anything else is just clutter in my 2nd chat window.
Unread 01-17-2005, 11:48 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Help Install this Damage parser?

I tried that other parser and its alright, but I dont like all the filters and crap I have to deal with. If someone would give some simple directions on installin this Damage parser it would be appreciated.
Unread 02-01-2005, 07:59 AM
A Berserk Golem

CSM is a great one can even display in the UI using mini monitor, now just need a Tablets2 version *whistles*

http://www.combatstats.com/printscreens.htm
Unread 02-18-2005, 09:08 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

may be an older winrar. Current winrar versions unzip both files for you so you never see the double compression. A tgz file is the same thing as a tar.gz file, which essentially is a .gz compressed file inside of a .tar compressed file. If your version of Winrar isn't opening it correctly you can try changing the file extension to tar.gz and if it still doesn't work, try unzipping what you have, and rename the file you unzip to a .gz file. Maybe that will work...