EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 02-23-2007, 04:14 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Landiin, go to bed, you start to scare people here! (just kidding mate )
Unread 02-23-2007, 08:42 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
($FD8E AND $FFFF) = $FD8E
Is that some sort of boolean algebra/logic?

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Last edited by ShadowProwler420 : 02-23-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Unread 02-23-2007, 09:48 AM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

>_< Any proper help would be thankful please i appreciate the rambling but im afraid im the one who has the problem here!
Unread 02-23-2007, 11:48 AM
A Griffon

Basicly what he's saying is if a certain 2 values dont match it's broken so either edit the 2 values to be the same or just delete the file and set up your UI windows etc again from scratch.
Unread 02-23-2007, 11:53 AM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
just delete the file and set up your UI windows etc again from scratch.
Ive done that 10 times over >_<
Unread 02-23-2007, 12:09 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

I am a Japanese. I am weak in English.
I may not understand all posts of this thread definitely.
------------------------------------------------------
But I want to report it.
This problem is not a problem only for Tooplex.
I read two posts of the same problem in Japanese community at the end of the year.

I was not able to reproduce the same problem.
The solution was not found.
Unread 02-24-2007, 05:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I may have some time later today to look at it.

With my UI I had some people that always lost the bottom stat bar and the problem had me wondering until someone posted his broken uisettings. We'll see.
Unread 02-25-2007, 07:23 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Alright, finally managed to take a look. Unfortunately, your maintained window position is not even defined in your uisettings file. That happens if you never moved or manipulated the maintained window before.

So for all purposes, that file is fine and should be working, the maintained window should appear in its default position as defined in the maintained window .xml file. /shrugs
Unread 02-25-2007, 02:45 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Alright, finally managed to take a look. Unfortunately, your maintained window position is not even defined in your uisettings file. That happens if you never moved or manipulated the maintained window before.

So for all purposes, that file is fine and should be working, the maintained window should appear in its default position as defined in the maintained window .xml file. /shrugs
I KNOW read my post please

"if i don't move the maintained window then it does not disappear but if i move it even one centimeter then it would disappear"

I haven't moved it but if i do it disappears Now can i have some useful advice please!
Unread 02-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Thor's "useful" advice:

1.) Treat those who are attempting to help you with respect no matter how frustrated you are.

2.) Your issue; although specific with the "Maintained Window", you haven't narrowed the issue down. I would recommend you pick one maintained window and start troubleshooting from there. (Having lots of options is great but when there is an issue with them it's best to focus on one at a time...) Those attempting to assit you are left wondering where to begin.

3.) Steps to take to help others help you:
3a.) Pick one maintained window that you like and stick with it. (I've attached a version for you to try to this post)

3b.) Delete your "character's window placements file"
3c.) Log in game and ensure you can see the maintained window. (Don't move it yet)
While in game also ensure that "allow windows off screen" is disabled via ALT-O>User Interface>Game Windows.
3d.) Log out "camp to desktop" then log back in and see if the maintained window is still viewable.
3e.) Hopefully it is still viewable... Now's the time to try moving it... Move it then log out "camp to desktop". Then log back in and check on the maintained window.
3f.) Post your findings here in detail and also attach the maintained window you chose to use and your character's window placements file.

4.) We'll see what we can figure our from there.

Remember: if it gets to frustrating for you, just use the default interface for the time being. (Just remeber that you should delete your character's window placements file if you decide to do so.) You can always just move it to a backup folder for later...

Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml (22.4 KB, 269 views)
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 02-25-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Unread 02-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooplex

"if i don't move the maintained window then it does not disappear but if i move it even one centimeter then it would disappear"

I haven't moved it but if i do it disappears Now can i have some useful advice please!
Seems these fine people (other then me) are trying to help you but I guess that's just my opinion.

So I'm going to start over and hold your hand while we go through this.

1. You said it is doing this with the default ui?
2. You said you have deleted you uisettings.ini file 10 times?

If you answer yes to Booth of the above questions do the following.

1. Delete every file that has _eq2_uisettings.ini in its file name from your everquest directory.
2. Delete eq2.ini
3. Delete eq2_default.ini
4. Delete eq2_recent.ini

Start EverQuest2 via the patcher. Once you are in game cast a maintained spell/skill. See if the maintain window shows up then. If not make sure the spell/skill is in effect, you can tell by the spell/skill being darkened.

If after all of that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you, other then open up a CS ticket with SOE.
Unread 02-25-2007, 05:54 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Thor's "useful" advice:

1.) Treat those who are attempting to help you with respect no matter how frustrated you are.

Sorry but im terribly frustrated by this its got me worked up. I apologise to gm9.

2.) Your issue; although specific with the "Maintained Window", you haven't narrowed the issue down. I would recommend you pick one maintained window and start troubleshooting from there. (Having lots of options is great but when there is an issue with them it's best to focus on one at a time...) Those attempting to assit you are left wondering where to begin.

Im sticking with the default one at the moment im not bothering with the other custom maintained windows at the mo until i have fixed it with this.

3.) Steps to take to help others help you:
3a.) Pick one maintained window that you like and stick with it. (I've attached a version for you to try to this post)

The default one

3b.) Delete your "character's window placements file"
3c.) Log in game and ensure you can see the maintained window. (Don't move it yet)
While in game also ensure that "allow windows off screen" is disabled via ALT-O>User Interface>Game Windows.
3d.) Log out "camp to desktop" then log back in and see if the maintained window is still viewable.
3e.) Hopefully it is still viewable... Now's the time to try moving it... Move it then log out "camp to desktop". Then log back in and check on the maintained window.
3f.) Post your findings here in detail and also attach the maintained window you chose to use and your character's window placements file.

Ill do this tomorrow as im really tired and want to go to bed.

4.) We'll see what we can figure our from there.

Ok thanks

Remember: if it gets to frustrating for you, just use the default interface for the time being. (Just remeber that you should delete your character's window placements file if you decide to do so.) You can always just move it to a backup folder for later...

Hope that helps
Unread 02-25-2007, 05:54 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooplex

So what help to you think I can give you by inspecting a uisettings file where your window hasn't yet disappeared. Thanks for wasting my time. /boggle
Unread 02-25-2007, 05:55 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Seems these fine people (other then me) are trying to help you but I guess that's just my opinion.

1. Delete every file that has _eq2_uisettings.ini in its file name from your everquest directory.
2. Delete eq2.ini
4. Delete eq2_recent.ini

Start EverQuest2 via the patcher. Once you are in game cast a maintained spell/skill. See if the maintain window shows up then. If not make sure the spell/skill is in effect, you can tell by the spell/skill being darkened.

If after all of that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you, other then open up a CS ticket with SOE.
Ill try this all tomorrow as i have said with Faetyl the pizza delivery man
Unread 02-25-2007, 08:21 PM
A Griffon

Well .. I found a toon I had on another server that still had the very same problem.. and just deleting its settings file and using the default maintained window worked just fine, then I placed in a custom maintained window and it all worked without a problem, logged in logged out etc etc
Unread 02-26-2007, 04:54 AM
A Griffon

Server: Crushbone

sometimes i have an issue with my maintained window... but it's a scrolling issue, where i had accidentally used my mousewheel and scrolled the maintained spells off the viewable area... scrolling up fixed it...

but i don't think the issue you're experiencing is the same thing

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 02-26-2007, 12:05 PM
A Sea Turtle

Ok i did what Faetyl said and im afraid it vanished like it did before im afraid ive uploaded the maintained file which is Sony's default one and my characters file in a zip Hope you can help

P.S Bring a Pizza please
Attached Files
File Type: zip New WinRAR ZIP archive.zip (1.8 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by Tooplex : 02-26-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Unread 02-26-2007, 12:35 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:

2. Delete eq2.ini
4. Delete eq2_recent.ini

Tryed didnt work sorry
Unread 02-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Here's what I did:
1.) I copied your character settings file and renamed to my server and character. (This allowed me to login and see exactly what you see.)

The maintained window was indeed hidden. (Even after pressing F10 to cycle the window backgrounds.

Afterwards, I pressed Alt-M (this toggles the maintaned window on and off)
Once I did that the maintained window appeared in the top right area next to the quest status window. (Note: be sure to have some sort of maintained spell/ability cast or it may not appear. That's why a previous poster recommended pressing F10)

I then attempted to move the window but noticed it had "click through" enabled.
I right clicked the window and disabled that option.
I then moved the window to the lower left verically just above the chat window. (Afterwards I re-enabled Click Through and Locked the window)

I then logged out (Camped to Desktop) then logged back in to see the maintaned window still viewable and where I last placed it.

I'm attaching the window placement file so you can see for yourself. (Just save to the same location where yours is overwriting it.)

SOE has the maintaned window set to be hidden by default.
The only way to change that is by pressing ALT-M to show the window AND move the window to store the updated location in your window placement file (which I believe also stores the fact that you would like it not hidden).

We "as modders" have asked for the window placements file to be plain text for some time.
Our intentions were to help reduce the amount of these issues by making the file easy to edit.
Unfortunately that request has been left unanswered.

If you duplicate the above step I took, you should be able to make the maintaned window viewable (and stay that way) on all your characters.
If for some reason it doesn't work for you, I'm afraid I would suggest contacting SOE technical support for assistance.
Be sure to clearly state that you are using the default interface "unmodified" and that you have deleted your character window placement file.
I'd copy and past this entire thread If I were you.

Hope this resolves you issues and gets you back so you can enjoy the game.
Dispite all the little issues here and their IMO "In My Opinion" it still remains the best MMORPG including those in production and soon to be released.
Attached Files
File Type: txt runnyeye_mellani_eq2_uisettings.ini.txt (866 Bytes, 214 views)
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 02-26-2007 at 01:18 PM.
Unread 02-26-2007, 01:32 PM
A Sea Turtle

Talking

Quote:
Here's what I did:
1.) I copied your character settings file and renamed to my server and character. (This allowed me to login and see exactly what you see.)

The maintained window was indeed hidden. (Even after pressing F10 to cycle the window backgrounds.

Afterwards, I pressed Alt-M (this toggles the maintaned window on and off)
Once I did that the maintained window appeared in the top right area next to the quest status window. (Note: be sure to have some sort of maintained spell/ability cast or it may not appear. That's why a previous poster recommended pressing F10)

I then attempted to move the window but noticed it had "click through" enabled.
I right clicked the window and disabled that option.
I then moved the window to the lower left verically just above the chat window. (Afterwards I re-enabled Click Through and Locked the window)

I then logged out (Camped to Desktop) then logged back in to see the maintaned window still viewable and where I last placed it.

I'm attaching the window placement file so you can see for yourself. (Just save to the same location where yours is overwriting it.)

SOE has the maintaned window set to be hidden by default.
The only way to change that is by pressing ALT-M to show the window AND move the window to store the updated location in your window placement file (which I believe also stores the fact that you would like it not hidden).

We "as modders" have asked for the window placements file to be plain text for some time.
Our intentions were to help reduce the amount of these issues by making the file easy to edit.
Unfortunately that request has been left unanswered.

If you duplicate the above step I took, you should be able to make the maintaned window viewable (and stay that way) on all your characters.
If for some reason it doesn't work for you, I'm afraid I would suggest contacting SOE technical support for assistance.
Be sure to clearly state that you are using the default interface "unmodified" and that you have deleted your character window placement file.
I'd copy and past this entire thread If I were you.

Hope this resolves you issues and gets you back so you can enjoy the game.
Dispite all the little issues here and their IMO "In My Opinion" it still remains the best MMORPG including those in production and soon to be released.
You know what i love you and i want to have your babies

P.S We still on for the pizza

P.SS How you like the avatar?

Last edited by Tooplex : 02-26-2007 at 01:39 PM.
Unread 02-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

lol
So I take it that resoved your issue?
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 02-26-2007, 03:08 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
lol
So I take it that resoved your issue?
Yes indeed

P.S I still want your babies
Unread 02-26-2007, 03:14 PM
A Griffon

Scary stuff
Unread 02-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Faeplex does have a ring to it.. or does it?

Oh and don't forget about the $FD8E !!
Unread 03-01-2007, 10:09 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Is it caused by [original_uisettings.ini]?

Hello,
This problem seems to have been solved, but I introduce a report because I found an interesting report in Japanese UI community.
The thread is here.(japnese)

この問題は解決したようですが、日本のUIコミュニティで興味深いリポートを見つけたのでそのリポートを紹介します。そのスレッドはここです。(日本語)

He spent two months on the problem solving.
He tried various expedients.
He tested deletion of [UI] folder and [xx_xx_eq2uisettings.ini] by instructions of GM.
He installed a client three times again.
However, the problem was not settled.

Therefore he ported an [xx_xx_eq2_uisettings.ini] file from an old PC.
He solved with this method.
He supposes that there is a cause in an [original_uisettings.ini] file from these inspection.
He said that "he wants to inform it that this problem is solved if you ported an [xx_xx_eq2_uisettings.ini] file displayed normally".

彼はその問題解決に2ヶ月をついやしました。
彼は色々な手段を試しました。
GMの指示によりUIフォルダの削除や[xx_xx_eq2_uisettings.ini]も彼は試しました。
彼はクライアントを3度インストールし直しました。
しかし、問題は解決しませんでした。

そこで彼は古いPCから[xx_xx_eq2_uisettings.ini]ファイルを移植しました。
彼はこの方法で解決しました。
これらの検証から彼は[original_uisettings.ini]ファイルに原因があるのではと推測しています。
彼は「この問題は正常に表示されている[xx_xx_eq2_uisettings.ini]ファイルを移植すれば解決する」と伝えたいと言っています。

How about this?
If present [original_uisettings.ini] has a defect, I worry when a problem may occur by an attached [xx_xx_eq2_uisettings.ini] file which was attached to a complete set,because there is a possibility that a [xx_xx_eq2_uisettings.ini] file was built by present [original_uisettings.ini]
It is August 12, 2006 on last update time of my [original_uisettings.ini] file.

いかがでしょうか?
もし今の[original_uisettings.ini]が欠陥を持っているのならば、コンプリートセットの添付[xx_xx_eq2_uisettings.ini]ファイルは今の[original_uisettings.ini]から構築された可能性があるので問題が発生するのではないかと私は心配します。
私の[original_uisettings.ini]ファイルの最終更新日時は2006年8月16日です。

I specify that the report which I introduced includes my poor free translation.
Please permit unskillful English.

紹介したレポートは私の拙い意訳を含むことを明記します。
拙い英語をお許しください。

Last edited by Guruguru : 03-01-2007 at 10:11 AM.