EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 12-12-2006, 05:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock

I'd like to also express my appreciation for hopping over to an accessible forum to let us know what's going on. I too was chasing hotel firewall settings, etc., before I realized the problem was on SOE's end. Gallenite's message really saved me a lot of futility trying to track it down. :-)

From the symptoms I've been experiencing and others have reported in this form, it sounds like SOE has two separate servers/functions related to logging in - one for authenticating the user via a password, and one for verifying the account and level of access. We've seen the first one go down many times in the past, usually as part of scheduled maintenance activities. These just tell you that there is no login server available. It seems like it's hit-or-miss as to whether you get past this today (perhaps from lots of people trying to hit the login servers because they can't get in?), but once you do, the second function has "forgotten" what level of access you have. That would keep people out of all expansions, forums, eq2players, etc. It might explain the account age of 0 that some users have seen. I'm surprised anyone's able to get in at all - I would have thought that if this second function was down, then noone would be recognized as a paying customer!? I sure hope they have that information backed up and padlocked! Maybe we're all experiencing a Trial of the Isle? :-) Anyway, I sure hope that it doesn't take too long - I don't have that many wife-free nights, and I rely on EQ2 on those days to keep me out of trouble.... :-)
Unread 12-12-2006, 06:19 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via ICQ to InsanityFalls

Well, it seems to be clearing up. I've got my expansion data back, and it seems to be working okay. Just had to give them time...