Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 02-23-2019, 04:39 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Crushbone
Exclamation Getting a few exceptions in the DarqUI Utility

Heya Darqwood,

so I actually wanted to ask you for help with the UI of EQ2MAP, but I figured it wouldn't be fair to not even give your UI a try first. I have used default + EQ2MAP since 15 years so a custom UI was quite the break for me, but I really like the added functionality!
And what better way to introduce myself to you and (later) ask for help than by pointing out your flaws. :P
So during my fiddeling around with it I kept getting a few exceptions (reproducably), sadly they are in german, if you have any issues reading them I'd be happy to translate the offending parts (The list of my loaded assemlies can be found in the attachment):

1. Gear Buff Macro:

- After setting up a Macroslot and when switching to the next one I get a args value out-of-bounds exception.
- I first thought its from one of the item_id fields but the value (260000) doesn't match any data of the fields.
- A picture of an example for offending macro buff settings can be found in the attachment, but please note that this happens on other macros too.
- Exception output:

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Wert 260000 ist für Value ungültig. Value sollte zwischen 'Minimum' und 'Maximum' liegen.
Parametername: Value
bei System.Windows.Forms.TrackBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
bei DarqUI_Unified.GearBuffOps.Select_GearBuffIcon(Int32 i_idx)
bei DarqUI_Unified.GearBuffOps.PictureBoxGearBuff_MouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

2. Quick Setup:

- During the setup run I get a type casting exception trying to convert the characterstring AA into type double.
- As I'm playing on Maj'Dul I'm not trying different languages for the spells, but the standard english names.
- The exception only occurs when setting it up with "Full Spell Names" or "Full Spell Names and Spell IDs".
- It also does not occur on all characters, but I noticed that it mainly happens to on certain classes, the following is a list of characters (all on Maj'Dul) that have the issue (character names shortened as I don't want them in the public domain, happy to pm the real names to you):
- Li (101 Guardian), Ma (101 Paladin), Ne (17 Monk), Or (101 Bruiser), Pu (14 Dirge), Re (14 Monk), Sa (101 Illusionist), Sa (15 Paladin), Sn (3 Dirge), Vi (101 Troubador) and Xi (101 Coercer).
- However please also note that I have no Channelers, Defilers or Inquistors.
- Exception output:

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.InvalidCastException: Ungültige Konvertierung von der Zeichenfolge AA in Typ Double. ---> System.FormatException: Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format.
bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
--- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
bei DarqUI_Unified.GroupRaidOps.Get_HighestUsable(String classname, String spellname, Int32 level)
bei DarqUI_Unified.QS_Ops.ButtonQuickSetup_Click()
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If you need any further information I'll try my best to provide it of course.

Kind regards

Pijotre Kajek
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gear buff macro.png
Views:	148
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	8999  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Loaded assemblies.txt (4.7 KB, 142 views)

Disclaimer: If you find spelling mistakes, be proud, grab a cookie and then spent a thought about me having german as my mothertongue
Unread 02-23-2019, 05:42 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Thanks for your post Pijotre, and for the work you've done with EQ2MAP. Issue #2 was previously reported and has been corrected in an upcoming version of the utility. As you discovered, the workaround is to use the auto-level option. After quick setup is completed using auto-level, you can always go back and manually select spell levels and spell IDs, although with a lot of characters this may take some time.

The other issue involves the gear buff casting time delay which is set in fractions of seconds. The error is coming from the use of commas (DE) instead of periods (EN-US) for decimal separators. This will also be corrected for German clients in the next utility. As a workaround, you can dismiss the error box while setting up your gear buff macros, then set the casting time delays from within the game.

Please check your private messages on this website over the next couple of weeks; I may send you a copy of the next utility version with these corrections if you are interested in testing the changes.

Unread 02-23-2019, 08:48 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Crushbone

Heya Darqwood,

thanks for the quick reply and the kind words.

Sorry that I missed the previous report on issue #2 and am glad to hear that its going to be fixed.

Yeah I later on figured that those values looked like the time delay field in ms. That would also explain why that setting wasn't retained and it also makes sense that this issue is caused by the german decimal seperator, the zonerect utility is fussy about that too. Good to hear that you're working on fixing that as well for us german users. Oh and thanks for the workaround!

I'll check my private messages and have a list of improvements lined up for whenever you're ready, though maybe I just missed an option for these :P

Kind regards

Pijotre Kajek

Disclaimer: If you find spelling mistakes, be proud, grab a cookie and then spent a thought about me having german as my mothertongue

Last edited by Pijotre : 02-23-2019 at 08:51 PM.