Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 01-10-2006, 11:58 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Default Rivet UI Thread

Rivet UI

This is my first fully modded UI. It was a long journey. This was really a learning experience as I created. For this reason, it's a pretty simple UI. You won't find lots of bells and whistles. On the other hand, I don't like all the extras on many of the UI's available now. Don't get me wrong, there's some amazing UI's and authors here(some of whom will be thanked in the credits). I welcome anyone to offer add-ons for the UI as well.

I hope you enjoy Rivet UI.

Version

3.24.0 - LU24 Compatible(See post #42 below).
2.19.1 - Various window modifications(See post #28 below)
2.19.0 - LU19 Compatible(See post #23 below).
1.18.2 - Various window modifications(See post #5 below).
1.18.1 - Fixed minor issue with Implied Target Window
1.18.0 - First edition (Currently, Arena Champions is not modded)

I've borrowed Wulfgyr's idea on versions. The first digit indicates a major release version. The second digits represent the last Live Update the UI is compatible with. The final digit is the number of times it's been patched since the last live update.

Installation

1. Unzip the downloaded file directly into your UI folder.
2. Inside the Rivet folder you will find a README folder which contains the eq2.ini file and character configuration file.
3. Copy the eq2.ini file, then paste it into your EQ2 folder.
4. Rename the configuration file appropriately, then copy and paste into the EQ2 folder. NOTE: If you use the configuration file, you will lose any custom chat channels you may have.
5. Run EQ2Map Updater. NOTE: Make sure you have the option checked that asks if you wish to overwrite mainhud_map.xml. DO NOT overwrite the map file. If you do, it will install the default map. If you have not downloaded EQ2Map before, here is the link. EQ2Map
6. Log in and enjoy!

Resolution

This UI has been designed for 1280x1024. It will not work for anything lower, but it will work for higher resolutions.

Credits

1. T. King - For the great loadscreen images(from the Draco'Kyn UI).
2. XSilverFox - For your great journal, which I modded and altered to fit my UI.
3. NeonRain - For the concept and layout of the group, player, and target windows from the Penta UI.
4. A special thanks to Zonx. Without Fetish, I wouldn't have been able to make this UI. I used your UI as a guide to help me with learning. I used it for referencing window sizes, graphics sizes, graphics positioning. A lot of graphics may look familiar, as I skinned a lot to fit with my UI.

Last edited by Loktha : 06-17-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Unread 01-13-2006, 11:08 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Blackburrow

Wow, I love this UI many thanks
It's what I've been looking for for a while, something along the lines of the excellent eXtreme without the overhead.
A couple of tweak I'd like to see are

Resizable broker and Journal (or am I just being a nub?) so I don't have to scroll :P

The 'search for this item on the broker' button while setting prices is a must please

I use 5 hotbars myself and had to shuffle things about to fit them in, is there any chance that you could give us some alternate display modes for them? Ideally frameless.

Oh and some times on the maintained spells would be be nice but not essential

Otherwise, love it
Unread 01-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

As far as the broker and journal windows being resizeable, I think that could be arranged. Personally, I think there big already and scrolling is just something that is going to be required.

I'll look into the broker button. I didn't put it into the initial release because it involves scripting, and as I've posted this is my first UI. So I'll have to examine some other work and see how this button works. I'd like to put it in, because it is a great feature.

I'll alter the hotkey window as well to give the option to remove the background and frame.

If you like the times on the maintained window, I would suggest using the window in the Penta UI. It is exactly what your looking for. Just download the Penta UI and copy and paste the maintained spells window into the Rivet UI folder.
Unread 01-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

I should have a new version available soon. I've made changes to a number of windows.

The Find button in the store window is still giving me trouble. I'm hoping to get it working today, and release the new version as well.
Unread 01-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

UPDATE: Version 1.18.2

Group Window - Minor placement corrections.
Pet Window - Changed the icon buttons to text buttons.
Quest Journal - Made user resizeable.
Market Window - Resized to remove the need to use the scrollbar in results page.
Hotkey Window - Added options for Frame, Frameless, and resizing.

KNOWN ISSUE: The find button in the store window does not work at this time. I have absolutely no idea why either
Unread 01-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

No version update today, but I did push a small update. Seems there was trouble toggling the Do Not Sell button in the merchant window. This should no longer be an issue.

Chaddwick - I couldn't find any issues with the delete character button. Maybe you can describe to me or offer a screenshot to the problem your encountering. Also, I'd love to see a screenshot of how you got the UI to work for your resolution. Maybe it will give me some ideas on creating a version more suited to lower resolutions.

When you take a screenshot in game(print screen button by default), it's stored in the screenshots folder in your EQ2 folder. Then just simply add an image to your post(button at top that looks like a mountain and sun).
Unread 01-16-2006, 03:54 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default sell button and delete in the main start char screen

ok will check them out and see if its me being a dork. lol here is a screen shot. ok all the buttons work and im just a person that cant play. lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000040.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	4472  

Last edited by Chaddwick : 01-17-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Unread 01-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

I fixed the positioning of the Do Not Sell button, so you'll have to download the new version of the UI.
Unread 01-17-2006, 06:51 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

I've tried lots of different UI and like a lot, but this one does more for me the way I play than any. Kudos!

Just one small, minor thing if you can tell me how to fix it cause I think I'm the only one might need it...how do I make the font in target window larger? For some reason, it's very tiny to me (my vision not too great, glasses 'n all). I need it about 2x as large as it is now. If not, I'll manage. Again, great UI, you sure this your first time?

~Skarlett
Unread 01-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Changing the font size is pretty easy. I'm gonna show you some code from the windows. The highlighted part is what you will need to change. If you want to change the font in the Target window, you'll probably want to change it in the Implied Target window as well.

Look for these lines of codes in the file eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml

<Page AbsorbsInput="false" Location="0,-1" Name="v0" ScrollExtent="370,70" Size="370,70" Visible="false">
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" actiontype="Target" DynamicData="/GameData.Target.Name" Font="/TextStyles.Small.SmallStyle" LocalText="Ambassador Rotgaf of Freeport" Location="248,20" MaximumSize="1700,1700" MaxLines="2" Name="Name" PackSize="absolute,fixed" PackSizeProp="0253/0001,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="117,28" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStyles.Outline1" Size="117,28" TextAlignment="Center" TruncateElipsis="false">Ambassador Rotgaf of Freeport</Text>

AND:

<Page AbsorbsInput="false" Location="0,-1" Name="v1" ScrollExtent="370,70" Size="370,70">
<Image AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundColor="#00FFFF" Location="256,8" Name="TierIndicator" PackLocation="cpc,top" PackLocationProp="0121/0370,0008/0001" PackSize="fixed,fixed" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="101,8" Size="101,8"/>
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" actiontype="Target" DynamicData="/GameData.Target.Name" Font="/TextStyles.Small.SmallStyle" LocalText="Ambassador Rotgaf of Freeport" Location="251,16" MaximumSize="1700,1700" MaxLines="2" Name="Name" PackSize="absolute,fixed" PackSizeProp="0256/0001,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="114,25" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStyles.Outline1" Size="114,25" TextAlignment="Center" TruncateElipsis="false">Ambassador Rotgaf of Freeport</Text>

Now, those two areas that are highlighted in red will need to be changed. Simply change the word small to normal, or large depending on what you want. Remember to keep the capitalization the same as well.

If you choose to change the Implied Target as well, the file is eq2ui_mainhud_impliedtarget.xml. The two changes in that file will be the exact same as the two above for the target window.

I hope that I explained that ok. If not, let me know if you have any troubles.
Unread 01-18-2006, 07:19 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Thumbs Up

Thank you sooo much! I would never have figured it out myself being the utter computer dyslexic that I am Lol.

Your instructions were subperb. Works beautifully

~Skarlett

Last edited by Skarlett : 01-18-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Unread 01-19-2006, 06:00 PM
A Brown Bear

Default map

the map and arrow are not in order with each other on my screen i think they are out of loc with each other
Unread 01-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

The map location issue has been fixed. I just haven't pushed the update through. I may just wait until the LU19 patch, which isn't that far away.
Unread 01-21-2006, 01:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well im feeling kinda stupid right now.I have it installed and good up to part 4 of installer and no where is there a eq2map updater.
Unread 01-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sorry about that Lawe, EQ2Map is another program downloaded from this sight. I should clarify that in the instructions.

Here's the link to the download for EQ2Maps.

EQ2Map
Unread 01-21-2006, 01:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you for fast response.
Unread 01-21-2006, 03:20 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Loktha....

What did you update in the version you put up today?
Unread 01-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Nothing. I just updated the installation instructions to inlcude a link to EQ2Map for those who don't have it.

The only correction I have at this time is the offset of location on the map. I'm gonna wait until LU19 to upload that though. The good news is, I'm already set for LU19 unless they make additional changes before it goes live.
Unread 01-22-2006, 05:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore

I have used almost all of the UI's out trying to find one I like and this one has by far been the best.

One thing I would like is a start button with some extras on it to open all bags and same with the bank window, of course I could get those from another UI but would be great to have them match
Unread 01-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

I'm glad you like the UI

As far as adding a bag buttons to the start button and the bank window, that's probably not something I'll do.

I try to use the mouse as little as possible. Plus, you can set a key in options to open and close your bags.

Also, once LU19 goes live(probably soon), open/close bags will be bound to the B key and open/close bank bags will be bound to Shift+B. So I feel adding these buttons wouldn't really be advantageous to the UI.
Unread 02-02-2006, 03:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is this UI LU19 compatible already or does it need some updates? I would like to download it but just making sure it will work first to save me some fustrations. Thank you!

Last edited by Wrathburn : 02-02-2006 at 03:14 PM.
Unread 02-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

I am putting the finishing touches on the LU19 patch. It should be available within the next hour.

I wanted to get in game and test it first, but I think I'll push it anyways. I made and tested most changes on test, so hopefully there won't be any issues on live. I will find out soon enough.
Unread 02-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Just waiting for the new patch to be approved.

UPDATE: Version 2.19.0

Map Window - Fixed the issue with location not being correct.
Group Window - Changed appearance to make it less cluttered.

LU19 Additions
  • Buy Stack and Buy Quantity buttons have been added to the market window
  • Run Speed, DPS Mod, and Haste have been added to the Persona Window
  • Run Speed and Status have been added to the Player Window.
  • Haste and DPS Mod have been added to the Target Window.
  • Search box has been added to the Tracking Window.
  • Status Reduction has been added to the Playerhousing Window.
  • Added pop up window for Language Selection.
  • Added pop up window for UISettings Window.
  • Added a search box to the Tradeskill Window.

KNOWN ISSUE: The find button in the store window is still not functional. Will probably need someone else to take a look at it because I just can't get it to work.
Unread 02-02-2006, 03:49 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Waiting very impatiently for your update to be approved cause don't think I can manage without it now. I love this UI! It has everything I've been looking for in a UI. Thanks for your hard work!
Unread 02-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Quick Hotfix: Forgot to add a file, hehe

Sorry to those who already downloaded the new patch. Your gonna have to again once it gets approved.

Sorry for the trouble.