EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 05-05-2005, 03:15 AM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk
Default [OCD-Advanced] The Complete OCD Experience!

As some of you know, I suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. What that means, is that I am overly obsessive about things looking correctly, as well as perfect width between multiple sides and such like that. So generally, instead of downloading other people's mobs, I look at what they have done, and decide to do them in my own way. I usually just made them myself and never publish them, but a posted a few in the past and people have been messaging me about them. So here are my mods. I am working on skinning the entire interface to the way I do my frames; but I do use my own modified version of MyUI's XP, Target, ImpliedTarget, GroupMembers and Player windows. I really appreciate the research work Deathbane, Zonx and others have done for these mods.

========================
===== THE COMPLETE SET =====
========================

*MAJOR UPDATE as of October 08, 2005: 12:00 AM EST*
LU14 compatible! Lots of changes to many windows. If you are upgrading from an old version... make sure to note that a ton of files have been deleted from this mod. Leaving those old versions up may cause erroneous problems with your UI. Get BeyondCompare and check the changes of files to make sure you dont have any extra pieces.

EQ2Map Project: For the first time ever, OCD-Advanced is compatible with the EQ2Map Project! As with any other fullset mod that edits the map window, there are a few steps you must take to get it working. However, I have done my best to make sure that this is as easy as possible if you use the Map Auto-Updater program. You must NEVER ever update the eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml file; there is an option in the EQ2Map Project Auto Updater that will ask you if you dont want to update this file. You do NOT want to update this file. If you do, there is a backup to the file in a zip in the directory.

The Complete OCD Experience

This UI has completely slimlined every title-bearing window in the game (which an exception to out of zone screens such as login). This entire UI was made by me with the exception of the group window, casting bars and xp bars. The group window, casting bars and xp bar were created by Wynnd for his 'MyUI' for LU5. My thanks goes out to Deathbane, Zonx and Goldi for their unknowing, yet still contributed effort on these mods.

Last edited by Jaxel : 10-08-2005 at 01:07 AM.
Unread 05-05-2005, 03:25 AM
A Dragoon Sith

========================
===== INDIVIDUAL PIECES =====
========================

Guild Window
Last updated: October 08, 2005
- Slimlined guild window. The members page no longer spaces out incorrectly if you extend it too big and the notes now extend with them instead of being squished into that tiny little space. I have removed the events page and set them all to the main area in After. I have moved the guild and personal stats into Before and squished them so they dont waste so much space. As well, I have also added numberic values for both experience bars. XX:XX% display for both bars. Confirmed to be working for guild leaders and officers.

Knowledge Window
- A unique look; looks nothing like the SOE version.

Start Button for ALL Characters
- My take on Goldi's Start Button with collapsable sound/video settings. This button has all the features that Goldi's button has, as well as having a slot for ammo of melee characters. If you dont like the ammo slot, you can download the Caster version below.

Tradeskilling Window
Last updated: August 13, 2005
- Slimlined tradeskilling window. Seeing CaffieneBoy's tradeskill mod inspired me to do my own using his method. Think of this as a blend of Mook and CaffieneBoy.

Inventory Window
Last updated: August 07, 2005
- My new inventory window. I used the included inventory status information window and changed a few things around so it all looks better. Since everyone begged me so much for it, I've incorporated a slimlined version of this window as well as a weapon/bag only view. You can toggle between the views by clicking the button on the top left.

Player Window
Last updated: August 02, 2005
- In my constant attempts to get rid of the Wynnd MyUI style and make this mod completely my own... here is the new player window. Do not ask me for the old versions, I will no longer offer them or support them. I made sure that the color bars were well defined. One of the troubles with the MyUI player window was it was hard to get used to the color differences since they werent that different from each other... now they are.

Journal Window
Last updated: July 13, 2005
- Tight, horizontal quest journal. This journal has the collection information tab included in LU10. Also available are walkthroughs for every single heritage quest in the game! As well, it has full information on any writs you can recieve from your town criers and lore quests. LU12 ready.

Large Floating Target Windows
(Small Version) Last updated: July 09, 2005
- My own target window! I felt bad using Wynnd's myUI art, so I decided to make my own based on the EQ2 art instead. I like the new larger version available.

Main Chat with Double Hiding Options
Last updated: July 05, 2005
- There is the new button next to the close button. This button is a quick command to show/hide the input frame. This button is that it WILL NOT save your show/hide settings for each login. The purpose of this button is for quick changing back and forth, not as a permanent change. Now this chat comes with double hiding options. That button mentioned above, will show/hide the input frame, but as I stated, it is not a permanent hide button. Whenever you log, the input frame will return. That is why I have also included the old method of hiding. Going into window settings and selecting "Frame Only" or "None", will permanently hide the input frame.

Compass and Clock
Last updated: July 03, 2005
- This is the best compass/clock mod you have ever seen! This compass and clock mod features its own circular compass designed by myself as well as having location and date information displayed by default. If you onmouseover this mod, you will see the ingame month, day, year and date information. It is important to note that you will have to line up the clock to the compass once everytime you log in by simply mouseovering the compass.

6-Row Bag Window with Stayput
(3/4 Version) Last updated: May 05, 2005
- 6-row style bags with Deathbane's Stayput Technology. 100% and 75% versions available.

Store Window
Last updated: May 05, 2005
- Featuring Quib's Quicksearch function.

Market Window
Last updated: May 05, 2005
- Skimmed vertical market window with JustPressEnter feature. All the options and search controls have been moved to the top instead of the left, this way the window takes up less horizontal room.

Tracking Window
Last updated: May 03, 2005
- Slimlined tracking window with no title. First, I removed the titlebar from the tracking window. There is really no need for it, since you can easily just push OK or CANCEL. As well, because of this, if you hide the background and frame like I do, it removes the empty 20 pixels at the top which block clickthroughs. I also changed the font of the window from TimesNewRoman15 (Zapf15) to Arial14. This means you can fit longer names in a smaller area.

Heroic Oppurtunities
Last updated: April 24, 2005
- What is there to say? Its a different Heroic Oppurtunity window!

If you have any requests for mods and help, I will be happy to oblige within the best of my abilities. I hope to hear your comments, good and bad.

Last edited by Jaxel : 03-24-2006 at 06:30 PM.
Unread 05-05-2005, 03:37 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Currently the interface command /loadui works in a sense it loads the custom interface but if you use it your interface will not work correctly. So here are the steps to use for now to load a custom interface and have it work.

Current Install Steps:
  1. Download the complete set or interface piece you wish to use.
  2. Create new folder called "OCD" inside your Everquest II UI directory.
  3. Unzip the xml and dds files into your newely created folder. Please make sure you dont have a folder inside of a folder when you do this.
    Should be by default: C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest II\UI\OCD\*.xml
  4. If you are using single pieces in someone elses complete set, just extract the piece to the custom folder of the other complete set. EQ2 can only use ONE custom UI folder.
  5. Go back to your Everquest II directory and create a new text file and put the following code inside of it:
    Code:
    cl_ui_skinname OCD
    cl_ui_subdir UI/
  6. Save the file as eq2.ini (make sure you dont save it as eq2.txt or eq2.ini.txt)
  7. Load up Everquest II and your new interface should be working.

Last edited by Jaxel : 07-05-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Unread 05-05-2005, 09:56 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hi, i'm using a bunch of your pieces, this is refering to the store window. All of a sudden when i log into my home and i have sold vault inventory, My game crashes as the store window pops up and tels me how much coin i've earned.. Any idea what the problem might be with this?? I'm using your newest version.
thanks
Unread 05-05-2005, 10:17 AM
A Griffon

I like the horizontal tradeskill setup. Does the tradeskill window have just press enter technology?
Unread 05-05-2005, 10:58 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest
Send a message via Yahoo to Kilaer

Very very nice UI
Unread 05-05-2005, 12:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

About the Clock and Compass, which truly looks awesome, I would love to be able to see the in-game weekday and month. That feature would make this mod perfect.
Unread 05-05-2005, 01:51 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Kithicor

very nice ui mod! Clean and Easy to read.

4.5/5.0

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Unread 05-12-2005, 07:29 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Befallen

Jax, I really like your journal (as well as the other mods of yours that I use), with one exception...could you possibly add the splitter bar to the journal?

Just discovered a problem. I installed your startbutton and everything seems to work just fine. So tonight I started to add notes. I followed the instructions in the readme, ran the .bat file, but it won't add my notes. The .bat seems to run through then stops with three 'bad command or file'.
When I install this mod, should I use the folders open (I did) even though I install into a different folder than is listed in the readme? I don't use ../UI/Jaxel, I use ../UI/CustomUI which is filled with about 15 mod pieces from various authors. There vseems to be something in the .bat file that just doesn't jive with my setup, but I can't put my finger on it.

Thanks.

"You shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Last edited by Adder : 05-12-2005 at 10:38 PM.
Unread 05-13-2005, 02:12 AM
A Dragoon Sith

New mod out today... Guild Window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adder
Jax, I really like your journal (as well as the other mods of yours that I use), with one exception...could you possibly add the splitter bar to the journal?

Just discovered a problem. I installed your startbutton and everything seems to work just fine. So tonight I started to add notes. I followed the instructions in the readme, ran the .bat file, but it won't add my notes. The .bat seems to run through then stops with three 'bad command or file'.
When I install this mod, should I use the folders open (I did) even though I install into a different folder than is listed in the readme? I don't use ../UI/Jaxel, I use ../UI/CustomUI which is filled with about 15 mod pieces from various authors. There vseems to be something in the .bat file that just doesn't jive with my setup, but I can't put my finger on it.

Thanks.
1. No. The splitter bar is ugly and there is no need for it. Besides, with the splitter bar, the only option I could give you is to make the left area BIGGER. You cannot make the left area any smaller because then the buttons at the bottom will get squished and crunched. There is no reason to make it any bigger because it is already big enough... So splitter bar? No need.

2. The folders must be nested in the correct folders. It doesnt matter what the root is, but Template MUST be in the folder of the root.
Unread 05-13-2005, 11:16 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Kithicor

Im having a small random cosmetic problem with the target window. I have several characters i play daily and on one character the target window is fine, but when i camp and switch characters the frame of the target bars disappears. It not specific characters but happens with any of them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000001.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	193.8 KB
ID:	2677  

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Unread 05-13-2005, 11:39 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Im having a small random cosmetic problem with the target window. I have several characters i play daily and on one character the target window is fine, but when i camp and switch characters the frame of the target bars disappears. It not specific characters but happens with any of them.
Nox, I myself have seen this problem and I have been unable to fix it. But I can tell you it ONLY happens if you camp to character select.
Unread 05-14-2005, 02:48 AM
A Sea Turtle

Is there any way to have the music muted whenever I log in? Seems like the default is music on?
Unread 05-19-2005, 06:30 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

Hey Jaxel. Been using your UI for a while now, and I've come across this problem before, but it didn't really affect anything. However, I believe you should get it fixed anyway. It's a cosmetic problem, but it gets kinda hard.

The symptoms are, when you change characters, you get the old target bar back, but it is behind the custom bar you have. So, it goes down and is fully functional, both are, but it gets annoying. Also, the exp % number next to it goes to a dark grey color, and being on a black background, it is hard to read it.

I have attached a screenshot. It doesn't show the grey percent number for some reason, but it does happen to me. Not sure if it happens all the time though. Hope you can get it done. As I said, it only happens when you switch characters. I haven't had it happen at first launch yet. Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000052.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	2714  
Unread 05-19-2005, 11:40 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Quoted from above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxel
x, I myself have seen this problem and I have been unable to fix it. But I can tell you it ONLY happens if you camp to character select.
Unread 05-19-2005, 11:47 PM
A Griffon

Not trying to be a dick, but that's not what my post said. I could care less if the frame was gone because I don't use it. I think you should read my post first before trying to discount my post.
Unread 05-20-2005, 12:55 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Yahoo to dc_roenfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamintar
Not trying to be a dick, but that's not what my post said. I could care less if the frame was gone because I don't use it. I think you should read my post first before trying to discount my post.
Looking at Jaxel's file, I havent seen anything *wrong* with the file. Out of curiosity, could you please post a pic with the target at partial health? I would appreciate it.

Also, there could be some confusion in regards to the "frame"
I'm thinking of the whole window frame, which would be the plain gold border. Or the "frame" could be the crome-ish overlay around the targets health.

Something I just noticed, not sure if it would have anything to do with it, seems like the overlay "frame" has the target's name pumped into the dynamic data, filtered for color only. In theory, it seems to me, the target frame would change color based on the targets con.

Anyway, if you could post a screenie of partial health , I'd appreciate it.
Unread 05-20-2005, 01:50 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Quote:
By the frame, the original poster meant the Overlay background to the bar, not the single_pixel gold bar. Its a common bug that everyone has with Wynnd's MyUI interface, and I haven't seen how to fix it.
Unread 05-20-2005, 06:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Blackburrow
Default one annoyance, one feature request

hi, thanks for sharing the mod, i just got it today and noticed a couple of things i wanted to share:

1. the Tracking window won't close via the Escape key -- a minor annoyance.

2. would it be possible to add resizing capability to the recipe book? at the moment i'm only able to see a small handful of recipes, and it's harder to scroll with such a small window.

thanks again!
Unread 05-20-2005, 09:13 AM
A Griffon

DC, if you look at my post with the screenshot, the screenshot has an image. Do you see that original target bar behind the customized one? That's what I'm talking about. It goes down just like the original target bar would. The only problem is, I don't want it there. It's distracting and it makes the color of the health % number do all sorts of funny things. I'll post a screenshot when I get home today of an enemy at lower health for you though.

Jaxel, call me stupid if I'm missing something, but I'm not talking about the customized graphics at all. It's simply a code problem. I don't want the original bar to be behind the customized one is all.

Look at Nox' screenshot, then look at mine. Notice anything different yet?

Last edited by Kamintar : 05-20-2005 at 09:18 AM.
Unread 05-20-2005, 09:19 AM
A Sea Turtle

Close the game and restart it, problem solved.
Unread 06-05-2005, 09:51 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Target bars (size)

HI,

I love you UI, it is clean and it makes less distracting for me to play. thanks for taking the time to make it.

Is there any possibility of making a smaller size for some of the items? The compus/day/time is really great but I would like to shrink it some.

The target window and implied target in groups is quite a bit too large for me. When you get time, is this an adjustment or option you can offer?

Thanks
Unread 06-08-2005, 02:00 PM
A Brown Bear

Greetings,

Notice with the lastest update from SOE the Journal feature does not work any more... I hope that there will be a patch for that... This mod is awsome...

Regards,
Unread 05-20-2005, 12:37 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Yahoo to dc_roenfanz

Quote:
DC, if you look at my post with the screenshot, the screenshot has an image. Do you see that original target bar behind the customized one? That's what I'm talking about. It goes down just like the original target bar would. The only problem is, I don't want it there. It's distracting and it makes the color of the health % number do all sorts of funny things. I'll post a screenshot when I get home today of an enemy at lower health for you though.

Jaxel, call me stupid if I'm missing something, but I'm not talking about the customized graphics at all. It's simply a code problem. I don't want the original bar to be behind the customized one is all.

Look at Nox' screenshot, then look at mine. Notice anything different yet?
Calm the attitude. Allow me to clarify:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_roenfanz
Out of curiosity, could you please post a pic with the target at partial health? I would appreciate it.
Anyway, if you could post a screenie of partial health , I'd appreciate it.
And in case you are unclear Partial is anything less than full. The one you have is full, and yes I did see that, and YES I did see the bar behind it. Now, I have this theory, but I need you to to take a screenshot of PARTIAL HEALTH
I am not going to install an interface just to try and duplicate a bug that you have. How about a little help, eh?
Unread 05-20-2005, 02:36 PM
A Griffon

Sorry DC. I just don't like that he didn't even read my post to begin with.

And I said in my last post that I would post a new screenshot when I get home. I've just been having a bad day this morning. I kinda have a problem with taking it out on the wrong people. I apologize.

Thanks for being so helpful.

And quaror, the last thing I need right now is for someone to be a smart***. I'm not having the best day right now, and I realize that that does solve my problem, but the point of my whole posting this was to avoid that. People here have a way of helping and trying to fix things as best they can, rather than giving someone a solution they already know about and something as simple as that. I switch characters often to move items and such, and I don't appreciate you coming in and saying that kind of stuff.

Last edited by Kamintar : 05-20-2005 at 02:42 PM.