EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 07-08-2011, 08:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default EQ2map blue quest circles?

With the EQ2 original map it shows a outlined blue area where you can find mobs, items etc. for a specific quest. But I got tired of the bugs with the map screwing up. so i decided to try EQ2map, It seems to be working properly. Does it not have the same blue quest area circles as the original EQ map?
Unread 07-10-2011, 03:45 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Yes, but keep in mind not all quest has the spoiler blue highlighter.
Unread 07-10-2011, 11:08 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I've seen those blue outlined spots you are referring to show up on occasion. I chalked it up to whether or not the map was overwhelmed (for lack of other terms) with POIs/markers (like Commonlands, for example) that determined if they would show.

But like Landiin said, not all quests have that 'spoiler' info.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 07-10-2011, 01:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

hmm, i figured that it should. However I tried using eq2map in butcherblock mountains. The default map would show the blue bubbles, but when i turned eq2map on it didnt show. so i figured maybe i need to dump the quests and pick them up again to get it to register but that didnt work either. Cant seem to get them to show up at all using eq2map.

Its pretty frustrating because it's a pain in the ass to go to all the individual pois to find what your looking for each time. and the default map is quite terrible.
Unread 07-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Make sure the map's filter does not have "quest" POIs turned off (right click the map > Filter POIs -- it'll be the bottom quests one, that's the game-driven quest POIs/ROIs).

Even in zones with a large number of POIs the in-game POIs/ROIs should always show up when they're there.
Unread 07-10-2011, 05:58 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma23 View Post
hmm, i figured that it should. However I tried using eq2map in butcherblock mountains. The default map would show the blue bubbles, but when i turned eq2map on it didnt show. so i figured maybe i need to dump the quests and pick them up again to get it to register but that didnt work either. Cant seem to get them to show up at all using eq2map.

Its pretty frustrating because it's a pain in the ass to go to all the individual pois to find what your looking for each time. and the default map is quite terrible.
Make sure the quests are selected and in your active quest window as well. If they are not in the active window the blue quest area bubbles won't show.

Silat
Unread 07-10-2011, 09:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok, after deleting and reinstalling everything in my ui and clearing my cache. Everything seems to be working fine now. I had deleted and reinstalled just eq2map before to no avail.

Thank you everyone for your help. I hope this helps other people out as well as I know im not the only one who has experienced this frustration.

Thanks again.