EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 10-03-2010, 09:08 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Exclamation Fetish UI (latest ver) + EQ2 ROIs [maps]

I've looked thru the forums for a solution and can't find anything that relates directly to Fetish and the ROIs from the latest EQ2 update. I love my Fetish UI, and I'm hoping there is an uncomplicated way to get the EQ2Maps and Fetish to work together to show the ROIs (blue highlighted quest areas). I have gone to the zones that normally show this, eg: Sinking Sands and its not showing up. And yes, I had the quests active in my quest helper. They worked with default EQ2 maps, then I downloaded EQ2Maps and it worked fine. Butn ow that I have Fetish, its not working. EQ2 maps is now in 3 places on my HD i believe. I saw it in C:\eq2map2, and it's in the Everquest II Extended File there is an EQ2MAP folder and in the FetishNightfall there is eq2map and eq2map2 folders. I'm pretty computer literate, but I'm at a loss here. Can someone plz explain step-by-step what I need to do to get the ROI (blue quest highlight) to work with Fetish Nightfall UI? Please and thanks!

Aynie
56 Inquisitor
Firepop
25 Coercer
Freeport Server
Unread 10-05-2010, 11:27 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Any1? Please!
Unread 10-06-2010, 04:46 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Sounds like you need to change the settings for eq2 maps so it will patch the eq2maps folder in your fetish directory.
Unread 10-09-2010, 09:23 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Unkown

read the section heading "Complete Install Instructions" its pretty simple, run the eq2maps.exe, infact, put a link to it on your desktop so you can update every time you log in, click setting and there are 3 drop down buttons, the middle button should have UI folders in the list- select Fetish folder and your done. (I have the first button set to launcher).
Unread 10-12-2010, 10:30 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatris View Post
read the section heading "Complete Install Instructions" its pretty simple, run the eq2maps.exe, infact, put a link to it on your desktop so you can update every time you log in, click setting and there are 3 drop down buttons, the middle button should have UI folders in the list- select Fetish folder and your done. (I have the first button set to launcher).
This is sound advice and how I use eq2 maps it's straight forward mate and it updates before the game starts so you will always be in the know , I only use station launcher for my other fav game SWG ( thats a once or twice a month log in when I'm bored of eq2)
Unread 10-12-2010, 02:32 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Thanks for the replies. I do have eq2maps running, and it is directed to my fetish ui folder. My question, is how to get the blue quest areas to show up. They worked on eq2maps b4 installing fetish, and i ran the updater after installing fetish a couple of times. Like, it should be showing quest areas in Sinking Sands, but it doesn't.
Monaxka 90 Monk / 44 Alchemist
Troubninka 22 Troubador / 40 Jeweler
Kasatka 22 Berserker
Freeport Server
EQ1 & EQ2 vet since 2002
Unread 10-13-2010, 05:43 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Valor

Just make sure all the files in your fetish-directory are not write protected. Then open the EQ2MAP-Updater and in the options hit "Re-Download All Files". This will replace the fetish-style maps with the original style but you have a map with all features.

I dont know where the bug in the fetish-ui is but I hope Zonx will find and fix it.
Unread 10-13-2010, 12:55 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Ok, that makes sense. I remember the ui instructions saying to make them all read-only, so I did. I went to see if they were read only right after i updated maps, and it seemed they weren't. I will check again now tho, as I was only half checking then lol. And I haven't been using Fetish long, but I guess he will update the ui to reflect the recent changes from the update? I freaked out a little last night, I was showing someone my mount (the rhino one from lava) in my house, since we were in my house, I just mounted it, and then did reverse steps to make it a mount again and it disappeared from my inventory.... I was like WTH! But I wrote SOE last night and they replied this morning that it is in the mounts tab of the char screen. Since we don't have that with fetish yet, IIm not sure if i want to disable the ui til it gets updated, or just live with what i have, lol.

Thanks for all the replies
Kasatka 22 Berserker
Freeport Server
EQ1 & EQ2 vet since 2002
Unread 10-13-2010, 01:39 PM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Since we don't have that with fetish yet, IIm not sure if i want to disable the ui til it gets updated, or just live with what i have, lol.
Just make a back up of your eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml in your custom UI Folder and get something like http://www.eq2interface.com/download...U58Update.html.
Till Fetish gets updated. Then replace it again or keep your new one your choice

Last edited by DiggityMan : 10-14-2010 at 07:55 PM.
Unread 01-11-2011, 11:09 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Blackburrow

It still doesn't work since the new update. I guess I will revert my map back to default till it's can be updated
Unread 01-12-2011, 07:35 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

I will have to dig into the current rev of the EQ2Map files to see how they included the new code and update my stuff appropriately.

Edit: Downloded a fresh copy of stock EQ2Maps and compared to the Fetish versions. The main map file is identical and I see nothing missing or any changes of significance to any files on the ignore list.

Due to the addition of the ignore list, there is no reason to set any files to read only.

It is currently safe to allow the patcher to overwrite MainHUD.Map, though future change to that file from the patcher could cause problems. As usual I recommend preventing this overwrite.

If others are experiencing problems with the ROIs, please let me know and I'll dig deeper, otherwise I'm assuming this was a write protection problem not caused by the UI.

Note: Before posting a problem regarding the map, please do the following.

1) Delete the eq2Maps2 directory from FetishNightfall, normally Sony/Everquest II/UI/FetishNightfall/eq2Maps2. If you recieve any prompts about locked files, that's probably your problem. Unlock files until you can delete the entire directory, then proceed with the steps below.
2) Re-extract the Fetish ZIP directly to the Everquest II directory. When asked if you want to replace files, you can say "No to All".
3) Open your eq2.ini file found in the Everquest II directory and ensure it contains
Code:
cl_ui_skinname FetishNightfall
And no other cl_ui_skinname
3) Run the map updater and click the options button
4) ensure the "UI Directory" menu shows "FetishNightfall". If it doesn't, change it so it does, press "OK", then press "Update".

Now that you have a clean install of the Map, try it out in game to see if the bug persists.

Last edited by Zonx : 01-12-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Unread 01-13-2011, 06:51 PM
A Sea Turtle

I done all that and it still does not work it works on the default map but not fetish
Unread 01-14-2011, 05:49 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Question

Zonx, possibly it is Quest Helper or Quest journal problem -- not map problem?
I also cannot see ROI under Fetish

I try to understand, how they show ROI on default interface, but this is above my abilities.
Unread 01-14-2011, 11:27 AM
A Sea Turtle

If you delete the eq2map and eq2map2 file it's will get you the default map which it's works on it
Unread 01-14-2011, 10:42 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Problem solved!

Apparently a style for the ROIs was added to a skin file, and on the same line as another style (no break), so wasn't apparent even when doing a line by line code check :/

An updated file will be included in the next release. Until then, replace the version found in you FetishNightfall/eq2map2 directory with the attached version.
Attached Files
File Type: xml _Skinnable_POI_Icons.xml (21.5 KB, 442 views)

Last edited by Zonx : 01-15-2011 at 12:56 AM.
Unread 01-27-2011, 03:09 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Thanks so much Zonx for taking the time. I just installed clean the latest fetish and am anxious to see all the windows working with EQs latest revisions and I just replaced this skin file. It'll be nice to have ROI's. Hopefully I've done everything right
Kasatka 22 Berserker
Freeport Server
EQ1 & EQ2 vet since 2002