Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 07-02-2006, 07:04 PM
An Undead Settler
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos
Default Maintained Spells update

Quote:
The only thing I can see wrong in that window is the first icon is ontop of the border of the maintained spells window instead of being inside of the window.
Here's the fix. The top icon now appears within the frame. Thanks for letting me know about this. I never have my frames up so I was unaware of it doing this.

Sage
Attached Files
File Type: zip maintained.zip (4.3 KB, 328 views)
Unread 07-02-2006, 10:02 PM
An Undead Settler

Thumbs Up New Journal Update

Quote:
Also, any chance that we might see an update that would include the arrows that the above mentions?
Per request by FloridaFringe here it is.

Sage
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageUI_journals_active.zip (2.3 KB, 318 views)
Unread 07-03-2006, 03:10 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

hey lovin the UI. Have one problem, i cant get my guild window to show. I downloaded SageUI guild window and i think i set it up right but it still wont show. O and my spellbook wont show either

Last edited by daydaydt : 07-03-2006 at 03:14 AM.
Unread 07-03-2006, 01:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Raid window

Inventory window, defaults to the top center of my screen. Half the window is out of the screen, any ideas on this?

Any way to get rid of the 1 2 R thing? it keeps my name as the top window or something, and when i try to look around with my mouse i cant click anywhere near the middle of the screen.

Also, I cant check my market/broker window, says incompadible.

Last edited by dujek : 07-03-2006 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Adding something
Unread 07-03-2006, 11:24 PM
An Undead Settler

Quote:
Any way to get rid of the 1 2 R thing? it keeps my name as the top window or something, and when i try to look around with my mouse i cant click anywhere near the middle of the screen.
Delete the eq2ui.proxyactor.xml file

Quote:
Also, I cant check my market/broker window, says incompadible.
Download the update from here: Sage UI Live Update 24

Quote:
i cant get my guild window to show. I downloaded SageUI guild window and i think i set it up right but it still wont show. O and my spellbook wont show either
Hitting the (u) key should make the guild window show and (k) makes the spellbook show. If these are not working then you should check in your options and see if you have the defaults set to some other key. Other than that I have no idea what could be wrong with your UI. You could delete the mainhud.knowledge.xml and the mainhud.guild.xml and see if those show up. That loads the default ones. If they do show then let me know. You could also try resetting all the opacities and locations to default again and make sure you do not allow anything offscreen (check in the options again).

Quote:
Inventory window, defaults to the top center of my screen. Half the window is out of the screen, any ideas on this?
What resolution are you using??? Might be that in the lower resolutions it is placing the inventory window offscreen. You can set the location to a different position by openning with notepad and doing a search for "location=" the first one you come to change to "0,0" or some other position onscreen you like. I will fix on next update.

Sage
Unread 07-04-2006, 09:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi,

The UI looks great. Nice and clean and uncluttered. However, the map isn't appearing for me. I downloaded the EQ2 map updater and ran it. It didn't ask to update mainhud_map.

I was using EQ2 mao before I installed SageUI. When I bring up the map, nothing appears in the window.
Unread 07-04-2006, 10:43 PM
An Undead Settler

Question

Quote:
The UI looks great. Nice and clean and uncluttered. However, the map isn't appearing for me. I downloaded the EQ2 map updater and ran it. It didn't ask to update mainhud_map.
I looked at the file and even did a new install on another computer to check and see if everything was okay. Everything appears fine. Download the file below and extract into your SageUI directory. Accept if prompted to overwrite. Then re-update your eq2maps this time do not accept if asked to overwrite. Check in game again and see if all is good. Let me know if it is or isn't.

Sage
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageUI_maps.zip (1.07 MB, 329 views)

Last edited by michsageman242 : 07-04-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Unread 07-04-2006, 11:33 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Collection Quests

I, also, cannot use see the collection quest tab. Right now, I get everything else in the quest journal and when i click on a collection item, it just pops up my quest journal. I have to load the default ui in order to add collections.

I am having the exact same problem as the previous poster with the collections. Please fix quickly.

Thanks alot.

Tiger
Unread 07-04-2006, 11:56 PM
An Undead Settler

Thumbs Up Fixed

Quote:
I am having the exact same problem as the previous poster with the collections. Please fix quickly.
Apparantly I had the old version of the journal loaded into the new SageUI. I have updated the file in the downloads section but you can download just the SageUI Journal here: SageUI Journal

Extract the file to your SageUI folder and this will fix your problem. Sorry bout the inconvenience. Glad someone posted again because I thought everything was fine and it was just an isolated incident.

Sage
Unread 07-05-2006, 02:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by michsageman242
I looked at the file and even did a new install on another computer to check and see if everything was okay. Everything appears fine. Download the file below and extract into your SageUI directory. Accept if prompted to overwrite. Then re-update your eq2maps this time do not accept if asked to overwrite. Check in game again and see if all is good. Let me know if it is or isn't.

Sage
That worked. Thanks for the help.
Unread 07-05-2006, 08:29 AM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydaydt
hey lovin the UI. Have one problem, i cant get my guild window to show. I downloaded SageUI guild window and i think i set it up right but it still wont show. O and my spellbook wont show either

I'm having the same problem W/ the guild window. Spellbook(and everything else for that matter) is working great for me. Could the problem be derived from being unguilded?
I tried removing the guild files from the interface and that didnt do anything, reset all transparancies, and checked to make sure I'm not allowing windows offscreen, that didn't help either.

When I reload back to the default UI though, I can hit my "u" key or guild tab and it pops right up where it's supposed to.

Any suggestions?
Unread 07-05-2006, 09:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
What resolution are you using??? Might be that in the lower resolutions it is placing the inventory window offscreen. You can set the location to a different position by openning with notepad and doing a search for "location=" the first one you come to change to "0,0" or some other position onscreen you like. I will fix on next update.
1280 x 1024 is my resolution
Unread 07-05-2006, 10:04 PM
An Undead Settler

Talking Guild Window Fixed

Quote:
I'm having the same problem W/ the guild window.
Well I am a goof. In my haste after getting back from vacation I apparantly used an old version of SageUI to update to Live update 24 compatibility. In doing so I bypassed all the fixes I had done earlier like fixing the guild window. Here's the fix and I will once again load it up on the main download link. Dolby is gonna love me, hehe. I have had to update every night since I got back, lol. That's what I get for rushing. Sorry bout that guys.

Sage
Attached Files
File Type: zip Guild.zip (63.0 KB, 333 views)
Unread 07-05-2006, 11:58 PM
An Undead Settler

Thumbs Up Final Update

I updated the UI for what should be the final time until something new comes up. I had some files missing and some new ones that needed to be added. I checked everything this time and it all works. If you have any of the previous 24.0-24.3 versions please download the newest version 24.4. It is complete and working as intended. The image files were mixed up with some Fetish Nightfall ones on the last update plus the guild window and maps were working incorrectly. Sorry to make you all update so quickly but I haven't had alot of time since getting back from vacation to work on this and I have been just posting new updates as problems have popped up here on the forums. I never actually had a chance to play the game to check the UI. This time I did and fixed everything including adding a few minor things. There shouldn't be another update for awhile. At least until SOE does something funny or I come up with a new idea which will just be added as an add-on anyways. Enjoy!

Sage
SageUI 24.4
Unread 07-06-2006, 11:14 AM
A Griffon

Server: Test
Default Experience bars

Experience bars do not match numeric values. The blue bar does not match the .?% value. Yellow/gold bar seems ok, just the blue bar.

Also notice the Maintained spells window and the location of the spells.
Also notice where the first icon is with the border of the window.

Ok.. uppon further viewing.. it seems they are "all" off. Not just the exp/tradeskill bars as I had thought earlier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000009.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	5063  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000010.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	5064  

Last edited by Eshaac : 07-07-2006 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Maintained spells
Unread 07-06-2006, 11:46 AM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to Findarato Send a message via MSN to Findarato Send a message via Yahoo to Findarato

Very clean ui, good job.

Unread 07-07-2006, 06:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Okay, love the UI, but I have a few questions about it.

1. When I target something, their information bar doesn't pop. I read earlier about Alt-T, so I'm gonna hit that when I get home to see if it works.

2. What happened to the con system? I click on a creature, and I can only tell their level, and if they are big (by the brackets around their name) or normal (doesn't look fancy) Whatever happened to the ^^^?

3. Where is the quest helper window, and how can I turn it on?

4. I don't actually have a number 4, I just like making numbered lists.

5. See number 4.
Unread 07-07-2006, 10:40 AM
An Undead Settler

Talking

Quote:
What happened to the con system? I click on a creature, and I can only tell their level, and if they are big (by the brackets around their name) or normal (doesn't look fancy) Whatever happened to the ^^^?
1. The targetting system is changed now to what you currently see. I may add the arrows at some point. It's not a bad idea. This is Wildsong's mod. If you want to see what the different configurations stand for check out the pic here:
Wildsong's Targetting . If you don't like this targetting you can delete the mainhud.targetting.xml file from the UI and it will load the default once again. I will look into adding the arrows to his mod soon and post here when I complete it.

Quote:
When I target something, their information bar doesn't pop. I read earlier about Alt-T, so I'm gonna hit that when I get home to see if it works.
2. Let me know if this works. If not then I need to look into it more and see what is going on. Again you can just delete the targetting file to fix if this doesn't work. I 'd like to know if it is a problem though so please post if it works.

Quote:
Where is the quest helper window, and how can I turn it on?
3. Make sure the quest helper box is checked in the journal window (hit "j" to bring it up). If it is and it is still not showing then let me know. You can delete the EQ2UI_Journals_active.xml to load the default as well.

Quote:
I don't actually have a number 4, I just like making numbered lists.
4. Rofl. See number 5.

5. See number 4 and begin a mindless loop.

Sage
Unread 07-07-2006, 10:46 AM
An Undead Settler

Wink

Quote:
Experience bars do not match numeric values. The blue bar does not match the .?% value. Yellow/gold bar seems ok, just the blue bar.
Nothing really can be done about this. Its the way the game is hard coded to round numbers and use integers. This unfortunately is the best a mod can do. Sometimes it will round up and show a higher number that what it really is. Until SOE does something about it there is nothing us modders can do but use what is there currently.

Quote:
Also notice the Maintained spells window and the location of the spells.
Also notice where the first icon is with the border of the window.
Yeah, I did notice this from an earlier post and will work to fix. I don't make the background or frame visible so I have never noticed before but I will fix soon. Thanks for pointing it out.

Sage
Unread 07-08-2006, 03:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Okay, fixed my problems. I deleted the uisettings file for my user and didn't import a new one when I reloaded eq2.

That fixed everything.

Last edited by colddecking : 07-08-2006 at 07:21 AM.
Unread 07-08-2006, 10:07 AM
An Undead Settler

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Okay, fixed my problems. I deleted the uisettings file for my user and didn't import a new one when I reloaded eq2.

That fixed everything.
Great. I did include a UI settings file with the UI as well. Not sure if you knew this. It will be located in your Everquest II folder. It's named SERVER_NAME_eq2_uisettings. Just change the "SERVER" to your server name and "NAME" to your toon's name. You will have to delete your current UI settings file again before doing this though because it will not allow you to name a file the same as a current file. Hope this helps anyone else who has had this problem too. Thank you for the post.

Sage
Unread 07-09-2006, 02:00 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default During Install

Got to this point and deleted UI, no reason I need to have a password saved in any file.

Quote:
4. You must now set-up your UI to recognize your characters in-game when loading. This
is very easy to do, but may sound complicated at first. YOu must:

1- Open the new eq2ui_loginscene.xml file with Notepad (only notepad as it preserves
HTML code).
2- Search for YOURPASSWORDHERE and replace with your password (case-sensitive, of
course)
An explaination or by-pass for the "skip the EQ2 patcher" feature would be nice for those new to UI Sets, never seen this before.

Last edited by garborg : 07-09-2006 at 02:31 AM.
Unread 07-13-2006, 07:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Inventory window doesnt work with todays patch 7/13/06.

MainHUD_InspectPlayer doesnt work.

Last edited by dujek : 07-13-2006 at 08:07 PM. Reason: another fix
Unread 07-15-2006, 01:32 PM
An Undead Settler

Talking Update

Quote:
Inventory window doesnt work with todays patch 7/13/06.

MainHUD_InspectPlayer doesnt work.
I have just uploaded an updated SageUI that is completely Live Update 25 compatible so check the downloads section for the new update. I am moving out of state and will be busy with the move and the selling of my house up here for a bit so I will not be playing Everquest for at least the next month. I will update the UI as neccessary though but I will be counting on you guys to let me know what needs fixing if anything.

Quote:
An explaination or by-pass for the "skip the EQ2 patcher" feature would be nice for those new to UI Sets, never seen this before.
You can delete the file eq2ui.loginscene.xml if you do not want to use the quick login scene mod. This mod allows you to login quickly and skip the updater and having to manually type in your password. You log in with just a click of the mouse by selecting your character from the list and clicking the "Just do it!" button. It fast and easy but if you are worried about entering password info onto your computer then just delete the above mentioned file. If you have a firewall and a virus scanner then your computer should be totally secure. I can't really see why anyone would hack someone's computer for an EQ2 password but I suppose it is possible. All passwords are saved on most computers when you click "Remember Password" after entering on at a site. This is encrypted but just as easy to hack if you computer isn't secure so I always recommend you use a firewall to prevent outsiders from getting to your info. If you are even using the standard Windows version you are safe and should not worry about this info being grabbed. Besides that no one doing a hack would be looking at this xml for a password anyways. Hope this makes you feel a bit more secure about using this mod. It is a great mod and very useful. You use the alternative Everquest launcher that is described in the instructions to bypass the updater to load directly into EQ2. Its way faster. You only run the updater when you know there was an update or patch. I usually do at least once a week and have never had a version error. I also watch the forums for when updates or patches are taking place so I know when to run the updater. Running it periodically keeps EQ2 updated sufficiently and prevents any errors.

Sage
Unread 07-16-2006, 11:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Problem with Group Window

First I want to say this is a fabulous UI. I have used a couple, but this one is not only very customizable, but detailed and clean. Great Job!!

My only issue is with the group window, when members are added to the group a health/power bar does not show up just a black box with their name in white in it. If I hover the mouse over the box it tells me their health and power, but nothing is displayed.

I read in the documentation about setting it up for a spell, but nothing about that nor do I see any one else having the problem.

I did uninstall the UI, did a full file scan from the launcher and reloaded the UI and had the same results.

Please Help if you can...