A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Default Fetish Classic Full Release

Fetish Classic Download Page
Change History link

Fetish Themes

Fetish Classic is a "Motif" based on the Fetish Framework that debued with Fetish Nightfall (a complete "splash screen to logout" reskin and functionality overhaul). A comprehensive feature list can be found HERE.

Classic is the second Fetish "Motif", designed to be easily updated with new graphic and texture "Themes" with minimal XML editing. Alternate themes are available with more being added slowly. As implied by the name, the Classic Motif is designed to closely resemble EQ2's default UI.

Keep an eye out for alternate motifs, based on the same Fetish Framework, such as Fetish Nightfall

Modders are encouraged to upload alternate Themes to the Fetish Themes download page, and windows as add-ons to each Motif download page. Basic instructions for reskining other mods for Classic can be found in the FetishClassic.doc. More info may be provided in this thread in the future.

INSTALL procedure has changed! Read the enclosed ReadMe.txt and follow the install instruction carefully!
Improper install may result in non-functional windows and/or incorrect display.

Incase you're having trouble finding the EQ2MAP auto-updater download page, Here's a link to it (found under Downloads/Team Projects/EQ2MAP on this site).

Instructions for installing optional files, optional settings and several commonly requested customizations can be found in the enclosed FetishClassic.doc.

Posted questions/requests covered by the manual and this thread will likely be ignored. If you don't have time to read my docs, I don't have time to answer your questions

Last edited by Zonx : 01-25-2006 at 10:29 AM.
Unread 03-29-2005, 04:06 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Antonia Bayle

I'm being forwarded to the Nightfall 'motif' when I click on that link for the Classic one. I love the Nightfall coloring, but guess I'm too used to the EQ2 Default colors to not want this Theme.

** Edit: Fixed, thanks! **

Keep up the oustanding work Zonx! You're amazing at this UI stuff. I gave up modifying my own windows, just because of how good yours is coming along.

Last edited by Binton : 03-29-2005 at 04:20 AM.
Unread 03-29-2005, 05:18 PM
A Coastal Crab

not sure if i missed it or not, but did u include the servername_playername_eq2_uisettings.ini file for this UI?
Unread 03-29-2005, 09:29 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

No sorry I didn't. That file technically shoudn't be needed for a UI mod. Its really just for fixing a general chat window bug not specific to this mod. Not sure I have a bug free ini since I've been unable to save new windows since last patch.
Unread 03-30-2005, 07:07 PM
A Mist Grinnin

I posted a working one that should work for everyone in the Help Forum.

Will attach one to this file as well, and it happens to be my layout for this UI. :-)

Zonx, I'm having an odd bug. One of those won't kill me, but is annoyin' bugs. I'm like you, perfectionist. My Bank Bags are movin' up some after I set them to where I want them. Only my bank bags do this, regular bags work fine. They seem to be in the same position horizontally, but just not vertically.

Hey, what was the fix you told me long ago about your Inventory? Where you showed me how to make it always load up in the smaller form, and remove the dock line so it stuck? It worked, I remember that, but can't seem to remember what it was you had me do and I forget where to look on the forums.

The attached file is my working INI for the SoE Chat Bug Settings problem, which has now worked for more than 40 people. It's designed for 1280x1024 resolution, but if you use a different resolution, you should be able to adapt fairly well.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SERVER_CHARNAME_eq2_uisettings.zip (2.0 KB, 749 views)
Unread 03-30-2005, 07:27 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Code samples for setting any of the Inventory states as default are in the manual. There's a small bug with the code. You need to reverse the order of both occurances of the Activated and Checked bits in all the samples code.
Unread 03-30-2005, 11:25 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Any ideas on my Bank Bags (and House Vault) Bags / Boxes locations not saving in the right spots? They save, a little... but are moved up vertically quite a bit from where I set them. Possible SoE Bug?

On the Inventory Window (Shrunk with Stats method) everything works great! Tiny annoyance, but not bad at all... just lettin' ya know in case you know a workaround... When you first open it, it's not in the docked position, it shows up in the upper-left of the 'larger' inventory window position, but when closed and re-opened, it then on is in the docked position.

Keep up the amazing work man! So far I haven't found any bugs at all other than the bags not savin' (Bank 'n House Vault ones only).

Last edited by Binton : 03-30-2005 at 11:43 PM.
Unread 03-31-2005, 04:54 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Couple possibilities on the bags:

1) The bags at max size would be partially offscreen, so are being automatically moved fully on screen before being resized down to fit their slot count. This would be more likely if you're using a vertical bag placed near the bottom of the screen, but could happen with any bag placed near screen bottom. Try checking the Game Options "Allows windows off screen" button. You may HAVE to move your bags farther from screen bottom.

2) For some reason those windows aren't being saved by SOE. There's absolutely no difference UI wise between a Bank bag, House bag, or Inventory bag, so if some are saving, that tells me the bag file is working as intended.

3) You're using an old bag file not included with the latest download that doesn't have the Stay-put feature and are just lucky some bags are staying put If you're not using a stay-put bag, bags whose custom location were never saved to the server will persist in always using default positioning.

Regarding Inventory states on log-in... not surprised. The UI is unaware of custom windows during initial load, so it doesn't know where the Dock is untill after its resized the inventory and finished loading the world. Should only be an issue if Inventory is saved as visible when you last logged out.
Unread 03-31-2005, 08:40 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Ahhh, gotcha. I'm using your latest FetishClassic UI so the bags are stay-put, I've got 24-slotters in my bank and they just don't want to stay put, hehe. I'll figure it out sooner or later. Could just be something I'm doing wrong, but not sure just what yet. Thanks for all your help!

Once before you had showed me a line of code to remove out of your inventory mod that 'removed' the dock. When I had done that, when I was previously using only that mod of yours, it worked perfectly on logon 'n everything.
Unread 03-31-2005, 08:51 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Might work more to your liking if you add Visible="false" to the top most page object.
Unread 04-01-2005, 07:57 AM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore
Default 9 slot trade window for Fetish Classic

I liked the 9 slot trade window feature enough in the old UI I was using, that I just had to have it with this one.

It's functional, though perhaps a bit of tweaking to the position of a couple items could yet be done... but it's simply a modified version of Zonx's Fetish Classic trade window with a few extra slots and recentered buttons.

Enjoy!

*** EDITED (4/2/5) *** The new 9 slot trade window is found below... the old version had a slot spacing issue in the "theirs" row, which has been fixed.

PresumedEvil (Stregnor)

P.S. Thanks for all the help, Zonx!
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_inventory_trade.zip (1.7 KB, 492 views)

Last edited by PresumedEvil : 04-02-2005 at 09:20 AM.
Unread 04-01-2005, 05:35 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Thanks for the tip Zonx, and thanks a ton for the 9-slotter Presumed.

Zonx, the Bag mod 'may' have something wrong with it causing it to not stick where you set it. I'm not quite sure what, but the other bag mods remember their positioning. Thought I would give you the heads up in case you spot something that may be a little bit different or something.
Unread 04-01-2005, 09:39 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Oh, just noticed a sort-of bug. In the 'zoning' window that pops up, Zones with extra long names aren't fully visable, such as 'The Shattered Vale: Stones of the Avatars' (if I remembered it fully correctly).

Not sure if that can be set to be wider or not, just doin' my part to try to help. This is by far the best UI, ever.
Unread 04-02-2005, 12:49 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Butcherblock
Default help

can you give me some more detaled steps then the ones it comes with i dont understand them at all
Unread 04-02-2005, 09:36 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharzor
can you give me some more detaled steps then the ones it comes with i dont understand them at all
Create a directory for your custom UI (Step 1 of the readme).

Setup an ini file that points to that directory as is normal for all mods (steps 2 & 3 of the readme).

Then download, install and run THIS auto-updater for EQ2MAP (Setps 4 & 5 of the readme).

Finally extract the Fetish zip to your custom UI directory, overwriting files when prompted (Step 6 of the readme).

My mod reskins the EQ2MAP mod, so EQ2MAP needs to be installed before you unzip the Fetish files. Makes it a bit more complicated
Unread 04-02-2005, 10:35 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Default Fetish Minimize

Can't find who requested info on a Minimize button so I'ma post this in each of my main threads.

Any UI that includes FetishStyles can add a Minimize button to any window with a standard title bar by doing the following:

Find Name="WC_Titlebar", then find the next closing bracket (>). If its preceded by a slash (/>), replace with
Code:
>
</PAGE>
now paste the following code in after the initial closing bracket and before </PAGE>
Code:
<Checkbox BackgroundOpacity="1.000" LocalTooltip="Minimize" Location="3,3" Name="MinimizeCheckbox" OnActivate="parent.parent.ExpandWin=parent.parent.size 
parent.parent.maximumsize=&apos;22,16000&apos; 
LocalTooltip=&apos;Expand&apos;" OnDeactivate="parent.parent.maximumsize=&apos;16000,16000&apos; 
parent.parent.size=parent.parent.ExpandWin 
LocalTooltip=&apos;Minimize&apos;" ScrollExtent="16,16" Size="16,16" Style="/Fetish.CheckboxStyles.minimize_checkbox" Tooltip="Minimize"></Checkbox>
This should add a Minimize button at the left edge of the titlebar that hides with the titlebar
Unread 04-02-2005, 02:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Small bug, or really a feature that is causing a little problem:

I LOVE your inventory window, and I keep it in the small form collapsed, now this works great for accessing all slots I need, but while collapsed the "Auto inventory" area is still active despite it not being visible while collapsed.

So this makes that area of the screen unusable, as if I put my cursor there instead of say selecting my target, it says "drag items here to auto equip"

the original fetish did not do that since it did not include an auto equip area I guess. Is there any way to fix this? what code needs to be removed to remove the auto equip area?

Thanks for any help, GREAT UI
Unread 04-03-2005, 02:49 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Open the Inventory file in Notepad. Search for Name="AutoInventory". Delete everything from the opening bracket (<) before that to the closing bracket (>) after that.

I'll see if I can't get that disabled on collapse for a future update. Surprised its still working when the parent page is disabled and hidden.
Unread 04-03-2005, 01:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks a lot Zonx that fixed it up
Unread 04-06-2005, 12:40 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore
Unhappy Broken

The latest Live Update has broken the Fetish Classic UI for me.

Deleting/renaming the following files at least enables play for now though.
eq2ui_examine.xml
eq2ui_gamedata.xml
eq2ui_inventory_merchant.xml
eq2ui_inventory_store.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
eq2ui_playerhousing.xml
eq2ui_tradeskills.xml

I hope Zonx gets this working sooner than later, I love his UI!
Unread 04-06-2005, 04:17 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

(Cross-post from FetishNightfall thread)

Aware of the patch and problems its caused. Almost done with latest update. Untill then, you should...

trash these files from your Fetish UI. Current versions will definetly cause problems.
eq2ui_inventory_store.xml
eq2ui_gamedata.xml (if its even in there, shouldn't be ever)
eq2ui_inventory_merchant.xml

Trash this file only if you noticed problems crafting or examining recipies.
eq2ui_examine.xml

The following files should still work but lack new features or may have a minor display bug(s)
eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
eq2ui_playerhousing.xml
eq2ui_tradeskills.xml
eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml

Its been all of 6 hrs since the patch went live. Take a pill, use the default UI if you must, but PLEASE don't flood this thread with repeats of the same obvious bugs during the next 24 hrs. I appreciate the input, really I do, but give me some time to deal with the changes

Last edited by Zonx : 04-06-2005 at 04:55 PM.
Unread 04-07-2005, 01:20 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Nightfall has been uploaded. Classic will be updated sometime tomorrow 4/7. Pieces will follow.
Unread 04-07-2005, 12:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Guk
Default Off center load screen

I have been using the fetishclassic ui and it has been working fine. But about 4 days ago I noticed that the opening Everquest2 screen is off center and the in game load screens are also off center, everything else is working and looking good. Any ideas of if I am doing anything wrong?

*whatever problem was fixed when I download newest version.

Last edited by Sydious : 04-09-2005 at 05:45 PM.
Unread 04-08-2005, 12:21 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Heya Zonx, I know you're working hard on updating FetishClassic, I wanted to one, thank you for all your hard work - I look forward to it's updated release, and two - ask for a feature.

Is there any way to offer a text-shadow in the Stats for the Inventory? Maybe a 1-pixel shadow to help the stats stand out a wee bit more? Buddy of mine was askin' cause he doesn't use the PersonaBar like I do leaving it up top, he likes the Inventory Stats but says he has a hard time seeing the text sometimes.

Oh, and was curious if those Bag settings Mook mentioned in the other thread I noticed you respond to was possibly what was causing my bags to not stay put? My House Vault Bags aren't anywhere near the bottom of the screen and those suckers just do not want to stay where they're put.

**Edit: On the note of the text shadow, got a way to do that for the Tracking one by chance also? I use that one a lot and don't know how to do any font related things in UI-Builder. I could try, but don't wanna messup something.**

Last edited by Binton : 04-08-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Unread 04-08-2005, 07:57 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Version 3.3 is available for download

I've confirmed a bug with _1004h_eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml. If you're using this bag style and notice window size problems, please switch to the default bag for now.

I'll try to get a replacement file up tonight.

Last edited by Zonx : 04-09-2005 at 02:34 PM.