Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	607  
Unread 01-07-2005, 01:54 AM
a hedgehog
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen
Send a message via AIM to tonyis3l33t Send a message via Yahoo to tonyis3l33t

Haliken, i like the way you got button to show up in the current zone window (making transparent map)! Only downside is...when you go to, say BB, another zone with more than 1 floor, you'd have to have stormhold show first, or the list of map seletion buttons.

Wouldn't be too incredibly bad, to have to click your zone if it has more than one floor i suppose...

also, for maps with more than one floor the icon map must be placed in the QM_Map_mapname that you have made. Thats the only way to get the icons to change when you select a different floor, since you can't make more than one iconsbefallen.

in what order are the loc extremities?
as in...
far west is number 1,
far N is number 2,
Far east is number 3,
far S is number 4

W,N,E,S is that the correct order?

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 01-07-2005 at 02:04 AM.
Unread 01-07-2005, 02:03 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyis3l33t
Haliken, i like the way you got button to show up in the current zone window (making transparent map)! Only downside is...when you go to, say BB, another zone with more than 1 floor, you'd have to have stormhold show first, or the list of map seletion buttons.

Wouldn't be too incredibly bad, to have to click your zone if it has more than one floor i suppose...

in what order are the loc extremities?
as in...
far west is number 1,
far N is number 2,
Far east is number 3,
far S is number 4

W,N,E,S is that the correct order?

That's correct, just remember you have to multiply the West and East values by -1.
Unread 01-07-2005, 02:15 AM
a hedgehog

cool, thanks

here is the maps with icons on stormhold lvl 2

you keep pumpin out the maps ill put icons on em, save us both some time doin the other half. and of course ill work on some zonerects as well.

EDIT: ok the icons for page two didnt show up...going to make an icon page for befallen2...see if that works

EDIT2: removed file, didnt work right...see next post

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 01-07-2005 at 02:46 AM.
Unread 01-07-2005, 02:42 AM
A Griffawn

Server: Najena

Couple questions/ideas.

Q:
Does the UI keep window graphics in memory even if it's not being displayed? Like if you had 2 map windows- ex: main map window with normal maps, and another that you could popup with extra info or zoomed in - both could display at the same time but not done. Would it just load everything that has a chance to be used?

i:
Probably not possible, but if OnPress could somehow stretch the size or something to essentially "zoom" the map that would be cool. A zoom button.

As a user I'd personally like to have 2 different versions of the custom map window. One with town and noob zones only, and another with town and outdoor+dungeons. OR maybe go by tier... that might be the best for me as a user even.
Tier1 - town + noob
Tier2 - Ant/com-proper dungeons
Tier3 - EL?, +, +, etc; anyhow you get the idea lol
Idea here is maps mostly useful in unfamiliar territory - new xp or quest areas for your tier & saving on memory this way possibly on this already memory hog game lol.

Euda
Long retired enchanter of Luclin.

Last edited by Euda : 01-07-2005 at 02:44 AM.
Unread 01-07-2005, 02:49 AM
a hedgehog

ok here is one with icons on stormhold lvl 2...WORKS!

Eloa, the UI loads ALL graphics that will be used in that zone (i.e. the zone map) and ALL graphics built into the windows. So if you have 50 maps builtin, it WILL load all 50 maps.

As for the zoom idea, as far as i know you can either
1. make a zoom button that will zoom in, but not show cursor, or
2. make the entire zone zoomed and have the map changed when you go to different areas, retaining the loc cursor
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml (147.4 KB, 294 views)

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 01-07-2005 at 06:00 AM.
Unread 01-07-2005, 06:16 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle

Ok, I added all your Stormhold2 icons and have a special surprise to go with this release.

The Path Finder (patent-pending) is on the titlebar of the map window. It's comprised of a text field and a button (that looks like a zoneline icon). You enter a loc in the text field and when you click the button, it draws a 3D path to that loc! Neat eh? Also, all icons for zones that have loc data, when you move your mouse over them, will put their loc up in the text field.

Quib

P.S. - I'm going to sleep, it's been a long day. ^_~

P.P.S. - Thank you for the screenshots Sunthas, I made an adjustment to the zonerect. Here's hoping it's improved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qm_maps_05.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	314.6 KB
ID:	612  
Attached Files
File Type: zip qm_maps_05.zip (15.6 KB, 278 views)

Last edited by Haliken : 01-07-2005 at 06:22 AM.
Unread 01-07-2005, 06:27 AM
a hedgehog

patent pending - lol. Good work getting the newly added loc waypoint dealy in there.

heres a wrap up of stuff so far

How to insert your own maps

internal zone name:
log off in a zone. Check Cache\ioplans for last edited file.
Goto vpk folder and find closest named file. That is the internal zone name.

this goes in as an imagestyle's name under
MainHUD.Map.MapStyles

so you would have MainHUD.Map.MapStyles.internalzonename

then put an ImageFrame named ImageFrame inside that ImageStyle name internalzonename.

Enter object properties for ImageFrame
source: DDS of map(blank for multi floored maps) and
sourcerect: 0,0,436,506 (must be that exact value)

Enter zonerect property for the ImageStyle...

zonerect:

-W,N,-E,S (NOTE: Negate the W and E coords.)

to find coords, go in game to NSEW extremities and write them down! Add/negate to get coords

as close as possible. If coords are too far off, cursor will not show at all (most likely

there, just so far out of site)

this goes in as a property for MainHUD.Map.MapStyles.internalzonename

map:
Get a map and convert it to DDS format. ***The actual map area needs to start at 0,0 and end

at 436,506 or it will get cut off!*** The image itself should be 512x512.

icons:
copy paste a different zone's icons page. Icon page can be found at
MainHUD.Map.MapPage.Icons

Rename icons page to your maps internal zone name. Drop in the icons, move em around, add

tooltips.

for multi leveled zones:
make the default map all black (causes transparency). Put the maps inside the icons page,

separated by more pages. Put buttons to hide current map/icons folder, and show next floor's

map/icons folder. Do this with an OnPress property. All within the icons page.

OnPress example use for this button:
Onpress:Visible=false Parent.QM_SelectMap_Stormhold2.Visible=true

Parent.QM_Map_Stormhold1.Visible=true Parent.QM_Map_Stormhold2.Visible=false

my next goal is to put in the locs in the tooltips so you can type em in....mebbe make an Onpress so it auto-makes the path.

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 01-07-2005 at 06:31 AM.
Unread 01-07-2005, 06:54 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haliken
Ok, I added all your Stormhold2 icons and have a special surprise to go with this release.

The Path Finder (patent-pending) is on the titlebar of the map window. It's comprised of a text field and a button (that looks like a zoneline icon). You enter a loc in the text field and when you click the button, it draws a 3D path to that loc! Neat eh? Also, all icons for zones that have loc data, when you move your mouse over them, will put their loc up in the text field.

Quib

P.S. - I'm going to sleep, it's been a long day. ^_~

P.P.S. - Thank you for the screenshots Sunthas, I made an adjustment to the zonerect. Here's hoping it's improved.

Brilliant work on that PathFinder, Haliken. Now you can ask for people's locs in game and get a path to it. Even works in zones that don't have maps put in for them, right? This is going to be a MUST HAVE for the /loc impaired.
Unread 01-07-2005, 06:57 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown
Send a message via Skype™ to Eloa

Ok since everyone seems to have abandoned my map
I think I'll try to integrate a quest window into this mod today. Can you guys get some freeport maps in here for me? Most important are the lowbie zones the commonlands, the sprawl, thieves way, the sunken city, the graveyards and the ruins, in that order. as soon as you get those maps in, I'll put everything needed on them. As for commonlands, can we add maps to the builder so that we can see what we're working with? Itll make things alot easier.
Unread 01-07-2005, 08:58 AM
a hedgehog

Eloa,
for antonica, i wanted to add my own icons. So i created an icons page called antonica. as far as i know thats the internal name. Anywho it wouldnt work. Possibly because i didnt add the ImageStyle, but im pretty sure its because it is controlled by the server.

SOOO if this is true your map mod will not be abandoned as it will be needed for the maps that are sent down by the server or encrypted or whatever they are. We shall see....i will try to add the ImageStyle for antonica and see if the icons page will show up.
Unread 01-07-2005, 12:14 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle

What Tony said is very true Eloa. We'll still need "external" maps for Antonica, Commonlands, Thundering Steppes and Nektulos at the minimum since those are server controlled. I for one love the attention to detail your work has shown. I definately didn't mean to hijack this thread; we've just been expanding our knowledge of how the built-in map window works.

That said, there isn't enough room in the built-in map window to really deal with high detail stuff. If the map auto-zooms in on a region, then you lose perspective as to where you are in the zone at large.

I propose we just parallel eachother. The EQ2 community will benefit as a whole from that.

Quib

P.S. - Attention everyone, the name's Quib. I guess I should make a new EQ2interface account so I stop getting called Haliken. =D
Unread 01-07-2005, 12:26 PM
A Griffon

There, my painful (had to delete the eq2interface.com cookie because log out wasn't working, oh my!) rebirth is complete. Haliken wasn't really my name to use.

"Even works in zones that don't have maps put in for them, right?"
Yeah, the Path Finder works anywhere, and seems to be pretty robust. I've tried typing in words, letters and stuff and it doesn't crash or anything. It accepts the following forms of loc's:
0, 0, 0
0 0 0

Also, negative works, as do decimals. And it can accept a max value of:
-10000.00, -10000.00, -10000.00

Right now, the Path Finder disappears if you use my minimize button, but I don't actually know why. Gonna fix that this afternoon and finish mapping the Freeport newbie zones.

Quib

Last edited by Quib : 01-07-2005 at 12:38 PM.
Unread 01-07-2005, 12:44 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haliken
What Tony said is very true Eloa. We'll still need "external" maps for Antonica, Commonlands, Thundering Steppes and Nektulos at the minimum since those are server controlled.
Zek and EL are also server controlled maps. I would supsect maps for Feerot, Everfrost and Lavastorm are the same way.

Oh Quib, can I ask how you are making the maps? I'm definately impressed with them.

Last edited by sunthas : 01-07-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Unread 01-07-2005, 01:08 PM
A Griffon

Icons: http://www.***************/eq2/maps.asp?ID=50 When I look at this map the locs for all the spots don't match the locs listed in the XML file in the Icon section? I'm sure there is a good reason why.

I've used the gry-online maps while playing and I know their locs match the /loc in-game.
Unread 01-07-2005, 02:58 PM
A Griffon

To make the maps for the newbie areas, I've been taking a blank map I made, then grabbing the gry-online maps (which are just pieces cut from the city maps), darkening them (why are the gry-online maps so washed out?), then scaling them down to fit. I then use the eraser tool in Photoshop to fade the edges so the map has faded edges (where the zone map touches the blank background map). Then the tricky part is finding the zonerect. Also, how's the first floor map for Stormhold working? I adjusted the zonerect based on the pictures you posted, but haven't been able to test it personally yet.

Quib
Unread 01-07-2005, 03:15 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunthas
When I look at this map the locs for all the spots don't match the locs listed in the XML file in the Icon section? I'm sure there is a good reason why.
I had to take a second look at this too. Then I realized that I was looking at the Location property for the icon, which is where its placed in the interface in reference to the page which is different from the location on the map due to the non-0,0 NW corner. Maybe this is what you are looking at. Maybe not. The pathfindlocation is the actual location for the ingame coords.
Unread 01-07-2005, 03:16 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
the gry-online maps (which are just pieces cut from the city maps), darkening them (why are the gry-online maps so washed out?)
Theyre washed out so that the text will display on them on their pages. otherwise it'd be hard reading the locations.
Unread 01-07-2005, 03:37 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

You want to just go into this one together and make it one mod? We can even make it easier to access my window by adding a button to show it in the MainHUD.map window.
I'm going to rearrange my file structure in order to make it easier to modify and add maps.

Also, what is the procedure to add a comment to an XML?
Unread 01-07-2005, 04:38 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloa
I had to take a second look at this too. Then I realized that I was looking at the Location property for the icon, which is where its placed in the interface in reference to the page which is different from the location on the map due to the non-0,0 NW corner. Maybe this is what you are looking at. Maybe not. The pathfindlocation is the actual location for the ingame coords.
so I see pathfindlocation in the XML file for the city zones, but not any of our stormhold zones. Is that another property we are going to add in to our icons?

And how are we converting the actual loc to the screen position for the icon?
Unread 01-07-2005, 04:40 PM
A Griffon

I'd rather not officially join efforts Eloa, I usually get really flaky when I do. However, if we can get a button in my window to open yours (not sure a way has been discovered to do that yet) I'd be happy to, and sharing information is definately good.

Sunthas, I just don't have the loc data to attach to the icons yet. gry-online only has the x and y values, and I need z also.

Quib
Unread 01-07-2005, 04:41 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Yes just add the property pathfindlocation=6613453,312312312,63234234 to any new page icons.
are you using the UI builder to edit? If so you can just drag it to approx the location. If not you'd have to use a formula, I believe it would be the NW corner of the zonerect - (minus) the loc
Unread 01-07-2005, 04:44 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
I'd rather not officially join efforts Eloa, I usually get really flaky when I do. However, if we can get a button in my window to open yours (not sure a way has been discovered to do that yet) I'd be happy to, and sharing information is definately good.
Quib
Sure, thats fine. Just feel free to take locations and whatnot from mine and unless youre not cool with it, ill do the same from yours (itll be easier than converting from gry).
Unread 01-07-2005, 04:50 PM
A Griffon

=D Feel free to use anything from mine; afterall, it's your map that sparked my interest in this.

I just finished The Thieves' Way. No icons, but it has a map and proper zonerect.

Quib

---EDIT---
Download Removed (19)

Last edited by Quib : 01-08-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Unread 01-07-2005, 04:57 PM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Next version is .09:
Added Commonlands map.
The quest window was 'losable' if you positioned it outside of the window. Now resets position to NW corner whenever map is changed.
Changed the format in which the Icons for each map are hidden and displayed. Now the button hides the HideIcon window which is coded to onHide, hide all the iconpages, then the button shows the appropriate one. This is also where the Quest window is Reloc'd at. (Thanks Deathbane27 for help with the code)
Added mapsizeinfo to each button. This contains the size that the Map image is sized to for the corresponding map to be displayed since they are stretched.

Last edited by Dolby : 01-10-2005 at 05:00 PM. Reason: attachment removed. Cant use some of the included maps. sorry :(
Closed Thread