EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 03-06-2019, 06:31 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Unkown
Default Mercenary Window Questions

I am sadly a disabled gamer and have a lot of trouble moving back and forth between the mouse / keyboard and generally love to have keybindings available for all of my commonly done things. One of the things I was trying to research and see if i could turn into a macro was your whole pull thing. As of right now I have a macro that does /merc backoff then /merc preserve_self and /merc preserve_master but this doesn't work exactly how i want it to.

I was curious if you thought something like this were possible.

A way to invoke your pull via macro like:

/show_window MainHUD.Mercenary.DoPull

and also a way to have a /merc backoff macro that waits a set timered time before reapplying /merc preserve_self / preserve_master. That way when he gets naughty i can call him back and he doesn't just go right back into combat since it applies the macros in line.
Unread 03-06-2019, 06:33 AM
A Grove Wisp

While thinking about it I almost wonder if the gearbuff system could be retrofitted and slimmed down to just allow for a timer between macro commands??
Unread 03-06-2019, 07:30 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Crushbone

I think the way he introduced those systems is tiptoeing the automation line. The change to allow for a timer between any macro command would cross that line into "Against the EULA territory" and noone wants to deal with that. Well at least not me and I'm pretty sure neither does Darqwood.

Disclaimer: If you find spelling mistakes, be proud, grab a cookie and then spent a thought about me having german as my mothertongue
Unread 03-06-2019, 08:06 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

You have it almost right -- to make a macro for mercenary pull, use

/show_window MainHUD.Mercenary.Pull

(Pet window is similar: /show_window MainHUD.Pet.Pull)

To back off the merc prior to taking aggro, just hit the macro (or the pull button) again. This reapplies the protection states immediately instead of waiting for the backoff timer to expire. If you want to change the backoff timer from the default 5 seconds, there is a slidebar arrow on the pull bar that goes from 1 to 15 seconds. You can also drag the protection icons from the merc window onto a hotbar if you want to toggle them individually with the keyboard. Does any of that help?

And Pijotre has it right: Putting a generic macro delay back in (there used to be a way to do this years ago, but the developers took it out) would be a big red no-no.

Unread 03-06-2019, 12:13 PM
A Grove Wisp

No this is wonderful and will be a huge help! i'll just put that sucker up with 3 macros, one for pulling and backing off, one for backing off for realsies, and then one for resetting the preserve states. Totally good enough!

Thank you guys so much! Also if you don't get thanked enough Darq... Wow 10+ years of updates. You deserve it! You are a true inspiration and saving a lot of peoples sanity with the useful things you've made for this game.