EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 08-27-2007, 11:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default 1280,1024

Im not exactly sure why this is, I am not a coder for the UI's that I actively use and love. With Fetish, in most .xml files, you will find 1280,1024.

I have noticed that everytime I update fetish I have to go change those to 1024,768. I play on a 24" widescreen in 1680x1050 on 1 PC, 1440x900 on another and 1280x1024 on yet another.

the reason I have to do this is because some windows (especially the character log in screen and now the LoN window) do not work right with the 1280,1024 setting, not even on the 1280,1024 monitor lol.

Changing this to 1024,768 in a few of the files for fetish fixes these problems instantly and was wondering why the 1280,1024 setting is actually there instead of the 1024,768 which I believe is standard? like Ive stated, even running at 1280x1024 resolution (windows and in game) the 1280,1024 setting doesnt even work.

just curious
Unread 08-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

If you're using the FN full install you should have no problems, as it's built around that resolution.

But if for example you're using select files in a an otherwise default install, they're going to be odd because they use a different size, like you said.

You'll notice that eq2ui.xml contains this bit on the first line for a fetish install:

ScrollExtent="1280,1024" Size="1280,1024"

The windows have to match that or else things go weird with scaling and such.

As for why Zonx uses 1280x1024 here... I'm not sure, so I'll leave that up to him to answer =)
Unread 09-03-2007, 11:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

i always have used FN full install...on all PC's, i change that annoying chat window to simple so when i type....i dont have to move my mouse just to see what im writing and i add a maintained window with a timer...other than that its all Fetish as I downloaded it...

and I always have issues with the 1280,1024 even when my screen res IS 1280x1024.

changing them all to 1024,768 fixes everything, even current LoN screen issues.

(changing 1024,768 does NOT in any way effect your screen resolution or Fetish ui windows. Everything still works, just fits correctly)
Unread 09-06-2007, 05:35 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Sizing problems usually only occur when you overwrite the FN version of eq2ui.xml with some other version.

The reason I use a larger base resolution is for better control of window positioning. Most users play at 1280x1024 or larger. Using a base reso closer to what's commonly used means stuff doesn't move around as much. It also gives me more room to work with in UIBuilder.

I made this decision very early on. Unfortunetly I've long since realized it does cause some problems when swapping between FN and other UIs. Changing to the smaller reso at this point would very likely cause more hassles for FN users than its worth.
Unread 09-06-2007, 07:26 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I agree positioning in 1280x1024 is more exact, and I would have set ProfitUI to that long ago if not for the issues mentioned in this thread (since ProfitUI does not mod every window unlike Fetish). However, the interface scales fairly well, so if you would downscale in UIbuilder before saving I think your users would likely be fine.
Unread 09-06-2007, 05:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

maybe im a little confused, as i do play at 1280x1024...and the character login screen, LoN screen etc have issues...this is using a default install of FN (cept the chat window change that you offer as _simple_)....

i guess i may not be getting what i am asking across properly
Unread 09-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

The issue is not the resolution you play at.

The issue is that the game scales files to <b>your</b> resolution based on a stated resolution.

So Fetish's files are build on your resolution, so they're scaled by a factor of 1 (in other words, no scaling).

But SOE builds theirs based on a smaller resolution, but since you're using fetish it says that all files are scaled 1:1. But the problem is that the loot window is actually set to be smaller, and so when it's scaled 1:1 things get weird.

Or, at least thats the way I understand it / am capable of explaining it, hehe.