EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 08-06-2007, 01:41 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Nektulos
Default 4-Tab Browser

Here is something you might find useful: A 4-tab (ie., 4 browsers in one window) in-game browser.

I got the idea from Othesus, who has a (default-skin) 4-tab browser add-on available.

This one is made by combining the LFG and BROWSER windows from the latest Fetish Nightfall release. It looks like the LFG window, from the viewpoint of tabs, while each tab is an almost-exact copy of the original BROWSER window.

There is one addition: Two 'copy URL to Tab x' arrows at the bottom of each tab. This is used for propagating URLs from tab to tab.

The 'access the browser' buttons in the Quest Journal, etc., always reference Tab 1.

This brower uses the same bookmarks file as the standard Fetish browser window.

There is TWO known bugs:

(1) Resizing. I have managed to break the connection between the background frame and the tab frames. So when you resize the browser window, only the background frame resizes. I would take credit for this, if I knew what the hell I had done to make it happen. I am still trying to figure out how to get 'normal' resizing to work.

(2) 'Access the browser': This is the small button found, for example, in the Quest Journal. It opens the browser, but does not go to the URL. Apparently, my new browser is not reading the 'initial URL' from the browser command line. The code in the rest of the windows use calls of the form "browser URL" to open the window and select the initial URL.

Otherwise, the four browsers appear to be working great.

Save your original 'eq2ui_mainhud_browser.xml' just in case.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_browser.xml (28.2 KB, 250 views)

Last edited by Faoj : 08-06-2007 at 05:07 PM.