EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 07-04-2007, 02:02 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone
Send a message via ICQ to anfrey Send a message via AIM to anfrey Send a message via MSN to anfrey Send a message via Yahoo to anfrey

here's my ui settings file.. hopefully you guys will have better luck with it than i...

thanks guys

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 07-04-2007, 02:44 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

you need to rename the file to .txt or put it in a .zip
Unread 07-04-2007, 03:34 PM
A Griffon

Send a message via ICQ to anfrey Send a message via AIM to anfrey Send a message via MSN to anfrey Send a message via Yahoo to anfrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
you need to rename the file to .txt or put it in a .zip
oops! i thought it went through. lol.. i'm a dummy
Attached Files
File Type: zip crushbone_ansfrid_eq2_uisettings.zip (3.7 KB, 252 views)

sir ansfrid takahityo of mithaniel marr — paladin, amorer, and guild advisor for the <knightshift>
Unread 07-04-2007, 06:10 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

It's offset 21 alright, you must have jumped a line if you saw a value of 3F. The chat window that has your guild chat was set to invisible. I hope that was the one causing problems. Changed it to visible, see attached. Let us know if it helps please.
Attached Files
File Type: zip crushbone_ansfrid_eq2_uisettings.zip (3.7 KB, 250 views)
Unread 07-04-2007, 06:21 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
It's offset 21 alright, you must have jumped a line if you saw a value of 3F. The chat window that has your guild chat was set to invisible. I hope that was the one causing problems. Changed it to visible, see attached. Let us know if it helps please.
aye that was the one that was hidden... that chat window has a few tabs: npc chat, ooc chat, say/gsay/tells, guildchat..

thanks for the fix, i'll check it out

Unread 07-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

I just ran through about 15 uisetting files and every one of them have MainChat_clone_0's visible bit set to 0 and the other clones are set to 1. Granted some of them are copies of each other but I know 6 or 7 of them are unique setting files.
Unread 07-05-2007, 01:39 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I have probably half where it is set to 1, the other half is set to 0. A new uisettings file created by the game has it set to 0 (on Test server at least).

Will definitively need to be investigated.

Last edited by gm9 : 07-05-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Unread 07-05-2007, 09:03 AM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Vanyari

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to put this.

I downloaded this and was playing with it yesterday. Really impressive btw. All I was messing with was changing channels. For one toon I simply deleted two channels and that worked great. For two other toons I tried to add a channel apiece. Seemed to work fine, but when i then loaded the toons up in game the UIsettings had been completely wiped and reset to defaults. I 'recovered' them by copyping the settings from the toon that was ok, but just wanted to let you all know; seems to be a bit of a bug when adding a channel.
Lvl 65 Mystic / 20 Tailor
Nahlis Muarr'Shef
Lvl 70 Brigand / 61 Jeweler

...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
Unread 07-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanyari View Post
Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to put this.

I downloaded this and was playing with it yesterday. Really impressive btw. All I was messing with was changing channels. For one toon I simply deleted two channels and that worked great. For two other toons I tried to add a channel apiece. Seemed to work fine, but when i then loaded the toons up in game the UIsettings had been completely wiped and reset to defaults. I 'recovered' them by copyping the settings from the toon that was ok, but just wanted to let you all know; seems to be a bit of a bug when adding a channel.
Hmm, I'll check out the structure of the file after adding chat channels to make sure it is adding everything in the correct places.

Had the chat channels you where added already been make in-game before hand or where they never joined channels? Reason I ask is I haven't been able to test adding chat channels as I am still not able to update my EQ2. So it could be that the chat channels has to be created in game at some point. I don't know how the whole chat system works.
Unread 07-05-2007, 01:37 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

While we are talking bug reports, I often get "grid" errors, grid out of bounds I think. Can't reproduce it or pin it to specific functions though, so might not help much.
Unread 07-05-2007, 02:34 PM
A Griffon

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Vanyari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Had the chat channels you where added already been make in-game before hand or where they never joined channels?
Thanks for looking into it. They were previously existing channels in that many people on the server use them (RPLFG and RPEvents channels on Antonia Bayle), I just had never added them on those particular characters so figured I'd do that while i was in there.
Lvl 65 Mystic / 20 Tailor
Nahlis Muarr'Shef
Lvl 70 Brigand / 61 Jeweler

...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
Unread 07-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
After the last byte of the chat channel or Offset A if there isn't any chat channels there are 3 unknown bytes. They are most always 01, 07, 00 or 01, 06, 00 for me any ways.
Well figured out what two of the 3 bytes are. The fist byte after the last chat channel data is still unknown, but the next two are the number of modules that is stored in setting files. I can't believe I missed that, it was so obvious. It was sticking out like a sour thumb when I was looking at the adding chat channel issue..