EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 10-04-2006, 08:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question How do you hide the Alt/Ctrl prefix on the hotbar shortcut keys?

I did several searches on this forum before posting and couldn't find a straight answer, so sorry if it's already been said before...

I want to modify my interface so that the hotbar doesn't prefix the key shortcuts of the secondary and tertiary bars with Alt/Ctrl, but just show the index key of the slot instead (1,2,3,4...=), or mayby even just put the first letter of the control key in caps only (A1,A2...C1,C2)... anything so it takes less space.

I found a lot by playing with the XML and comparing it with the [DrumsUI] Hotbar mod, but couldn't find the differences that would show me how to do it.

Any help?

So far I've only been playing with fonts (to do an overall replace of all interface fonts with verdana, Verdana Bold and Mirianda GD) using XMLPad to edit the files... I'm just starting with UI mods...
Unread 10-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I'm going to take a guess and say its hardcoded. I might be wrong, but thats my guess.
Unread 10-05-2006, 01:47 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can likely mod the hotbar window to make the text right aligned and make the text window so small the Ctrl+ or Alt+ part is hidden (I say likely because the UI refuses to right-align some text data, so go and test it ).
Unread 10-05-2006, 02:02 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis
Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

I think the Text Object in that window is hard coded to resize just from looking at it. Havn't tested it but in its default state the size is to small to even display 2 char.

It's worth a shot trying though.

If that don't work you might try some OnShow scripts to make string comparisons and show your own text Object when the compare is true;
Unread 10-05-2006, 03:10 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Auto-resizing will be a problem, unless you can reset the size via some OnShow, OnLoad, etc. events.

The easy way is actually to just hardcode the text 1, 2, 3 on all hotbars. (the only problem being that it will not only show on the 1st to 3rd bar, but also on bars that are not controllably via hotkeys)
Unread 10-05-2006, 05:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks for the replies... but I'm not that good at scripting UI's yet, so I guess I'll just do that when I'm better at it or endure the shortcut keys for now.

Cheers!
Unread 10-05-2006, 08:21 PM
A Darkpaw Brute
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen

My UI's Hot Bar has this feature where you can hide just the Alt / Ctrl / #s, the Page Changers, etc... Use the Frame or None feature in the Window Settings. You can download my UI and just grab out the 'hotbar' XML file and you'll be fine. It fully supports the ability to change icon sizes and also has no dead space.

UI Compilations, Hinton's UI Compilation.
Unread 11-07-2006, 08:00 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

It looks like in [DrumsUI] Hotbar all that was done to show only the number was to move the text to the left (ie -21,xx) so that the ALT and CTRL would just be out of visible area.
Unread 11-07-2006, 08:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortis42
It looks like in [DrumsUI] Hotbar all that was done to show only the number was to move the text to the left (ie -21,xx) so that the ALT and CTRL would just be out of visible area.
Sneaky! Thanks
Unread 11-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Send a message via ICQ to Landiin Send a message via AIM to Landiin Send a message via MSN to Landiin Send a message via Yahoo to Landiin

After LU29 or EoF goes live witch ever comes first, the onhide onshow trick isn't going to work any longer. All icons and Text are hard coded into the new iconbank object. Well you can tell it what style of font and icon to use but that's not going to help hide or show it.

Matter of fact all current hotbars will be broke untill the author update them, so be ready.
Unread 11-08-2006, 04:01 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
Well you can tell it what style of font and icon to use but that's not going to help hide or show it.
You can hide or show it by switching between a font that is not there and a correct font definition. However, that will also disable the remaining charges display that I heard is available now.

Disclaimer: The above was method was working when the IconBank first came to Test, haven't looked at that since and have still not been on Beta (although I do have my invite now).
Unread 11-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Yeah, but isn't the entire Prefix + # one bit in the iconbank? So by making it a font that doesn't exist, the numbers will also be gone (in addition to the charges like gm9 said).
Unread 11-08-2006, 12:30 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes, the numbers will be hidden. But you should be able to manually overlay the numbers without a problem. Sorry, should have added that part of the idea.

Last edited by gm9 : 11-08-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Unread 11-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Yes, the numbers will be hidden. But you should be able to manually overlay the numbers without a problem. Sorry, should have added that part of the idea.
Aye, hehe. I thought you meant going with out them entirely. And yeah, it should be relatively easy to overlay numbers manually.... They would have to be in the same page as the icon bank though, wouldn't they? Otherwise I think when you shrink the icons the numbers would stay in the same spot.
Unread 11-09-2006, 08:56 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

That is true, you would have to do some OnShow code to apply the IconSize parameter to the VolumePage CellSize you use for the numbers.
Unread 11-09-2006, 12:57 PM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost

Just a thought, but could you make a new font that has only numbers? then charges should still display also.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 11-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother9987
Just a thought, but could you make a new font that has only numbers? then charges should still display also.
Not really because the 1, 2, 3 .. etc would still show from the alt1 alt2..

Adding a volume page is gonna be a pain, but doable. I say a pain because when the end user changes the size of the iconcell the volume cell isn't going to change with it. You will have to add some code the the sliders OnChange event or some sort of OnHoverIn code on the hotkey page.
Unread 11-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

[quote=Landiin]Not really because the 1, 2, 3 .. etc would still show from the alt1 alt2..[quote]

No, I think thats what they want. IE, if its ALT+1 then having only 1 will cause it to display as just "1" correct?

Quote:
Adding a volume page is gonna be a pain, but doable. I say a pain because when the end user changes the size of the iconcell the volume cell isn't going to change with it. You will have to add some code the the sliders OnChange event or some sort of OnHoverIn code on the hotkey page.
Yeah, thats what I meant. OnShow in the window wouldn't work for when you change the slider, so addign a new volume page would have to use a different call.
Unread 11-10-2006, 02:28 PM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Not really because the 1, 2, 3 .. etc would still show from the alt1 alt2..
Isn't that exactly that the OP requested? Sorry if I misunderstood.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 11-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

LOL it might of been:/ If that's the case yup that will work just fine. Sorry if I misunderstood, I have 100 projects going and the lines are blurring... lol