EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 11-22-2004, 10:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Letterbox

Now I can understand the letterbox theory of reducing Lag in zones. As I noticed when I got rid of mine how much I slowed down. Not majorly but I did notice. Is this the only purpose and why is it on by default. I run my boxes at 1600x1200 with 19's for monitors. I was kinda shocked that I lost almost half my screen for the two bars. Any other reason why this option is turned on by default?
Unread 11-23-2004, 11:58 AM
A Brown Bear

Lightbulb Ui Faq

I HATE the fact that the window location for Bags doesnt get saved.

I also HATE to have to right click on bags and selecting "open", thats 2 clicks to open a bag. An interesting option would be: single right click to open it, another single rclick to close it (eq1 style), and hold-right-mousebutton on it to display the extended menu "examine, open, delete...etc" I think would be better. I hope you consider this.

Is there a place or boards to post suggestions to the game (Not UI Related)? I'd like to know.

-Nocturno (Nektulos)
Unread 11-27-2004, 11:22 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default making concentration spell effect names show up?

Question for the FAQ..

Making a new Concentration Window (I'm a dirge..I want BIG BUTTONS I can easily click on)

How would you make the names of what you have "concentrated" show up by the boxes, instead of on hover-over?? - I want visible labels!

Thanks

BeefStick Malone
lvl 20 Troll Dirge, Lucan D'Lere
Unread 11-28-2004, 07:48 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by atinoco
I also HATE to have to right click on bags and selecting "open", thats 2 clicks to open a bag. An interesting option would be: single right click to open it, another single rclick to close it (eq1 style), and hold-right-mousebutton on it to display the extended menu "examine, open, delete...etc" I think would be better. I hope you consider this.
I'd like to add something to my previous post also:

I also noticed you can't "close" a bag with the extended menu (rclick on the bag menu) its hard to know which bag its correspons to each window when you got all your bags open, the only way to know its to close everything and reopen a particular bag. This its not my ideal system. I hope it gets improrved.

-Nocturno (Nektulos)
Unread 11-28-2004, 10:36 AM
A Coastal Crab

Is there a way to see how many quests I've completed without adding them all up on the "completed" tab?

Is there a way to see how many Orcs, Undead, Goblins, Gnolls, ect, ect, I've killed without having to go to that "wanted poster" in West Freeport? (Or wherever it is in Qeynos).
Unread 11-28-2004, 10:52 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I know this is not a UI question but this is something that I think would be good to have. Is there a way that we can buy items from a merchant without having to go get money from our bank account?

Is there a way to prevent chat color settings from going back to default when you switch between extreme performance and very high performance?

Can you fix in the options the text bubble thing like I can fix the windows?
(ie. I just would rather see the text of the pc/npc speaking than a big giant white bubble clogging my screen)
Unread 12-06-2004, 06:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

1) How do you resize the pop up window that tells you when you've found a quest item, when you've come to a new area (Dead horse valley, Druid plains, etc etc) and when you've had a skill up (You have become better at Crushing). Somehow while moving my UI around, I made that window smaller then any Text that goes in there, and I haven't been able to figure out how to resize it so I can see all the text.

2) Is there anyway to size the "are you sure you want to destroy <Item X>? window? To make it smaller? LOT smaller? Dang thing takes up 1/4 the screen.

3) I'm not sure if this is a bug, or "working as intended" but when I have tried to trade with people and my inventory full...I try to give someone say 2 items, and they try to give me one back, we can't trade because it says my inventory is full....but well...it's not. I've freed up two slots by *trying* to trade 2 items. In a relate area. Will there be a way for the game to recognize when you have partial stacks of something when trading with other
PC's? Example, my inventory is full, but I have a partial stack of coal (15), and someone wants to give me 3 more coal, atm we can't trade because it says my inventory is full, but in reality, I could accept the trade because I have room for up to 5 more coal.

4) Is there a way to go back to the recipe selection page of a tradeskills station page after you have made something without having to close the station window and re-open it?

5) Can we get a hotkey command that opens all of our bank bags, like we have for our inventory bags?

6) Number only hits mode please!

7) Is there a reason why we can't trade bags with items in them to other players? It's verra annoying to have to first trade the items in a bag, before you can trade the bag. /boogle.

8) Will we be able to by from brokers from our sell boards in our inn rooms?

thanks,

Nov

Last edited by Novbre : 01-26-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Unread 12-07-2004, 07:23 PM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novbre
4) Is there a way to go back to the recipe selection page of a tradeskills station page after you have made something without having to close the station window and re-open it?

thanks,

Nov
Hit the Repeat button.
Then hit the Cancel button.
You will now be back at the recipes list.
Unread 12-07-2004, 08:02 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Everfrost

you can just double click the table your ussing again and it takes you back to the recipe book
Unread 12-13-2004, 03:55 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Click-through functionality

Would it be possible to add a "Click-through" functionality which could be turned on or off per window? It would allow selection through the window.

Many windows are informational and require no interaction beyond being visible. It's great to have them up, but they then get in the way of selection occasionally.

Or, better yet, all areas that do not take input would then allow selection through them.

If you want to see an example check out Shadowbane. While it did have it's numerous problems, it had a decent implementation of this.

Thanks!
Unread 12-22-2004, 03:37 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Everfrost

This sounds cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQ2_UI_Customization.doc
8.7.1 Event Properties: OnActivate, OnDisable,…
The UI system supports scripted command for the events.
Does this work?
What is the syntax of the script?
Can I use this to mimic console commands (ie. /show_window MainHUD.StatBar)?

Also.. How do you use cursors and cursorsets?

I see in the EQUI.xml there's properties like so
Code:
Cursor="default" 
CursorSet="default_set"
But I don't see the default_set any where.. So there is no example in the xml.

Last edited by Talyns : 12-22-2004 at 03:39 PM.
Unread 12-22-2004, 07:07 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

There are pages in the default UI which have no apparent function, such as the HTML page.

Is it possible to "activate" this window?
note that it is possible to show the window using /show_window command, but there seems to be no function to the window
Unread 12-30-2004, 05:43 AM
EQ2MAP Webmaster

Server: Unkown

Q: How can you view your mouse pointer while UIBuilder is in Run Mode?
A: Either goto the View menu and uncheck Cursor, or Click the third button to the left in the display window which looks like a mouse pointer.
Unread 12-30-2004, 06:32 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Splitpaw
Default Button actions

Hi,

How do I check what action say a button in broker interface do? How to modify it?
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

Tabbed chat would be nice. Several chats in one window. With an ability to name each tab it would make a lot less clutter. New chat input could make the tab name bold, a'la Ryzom. Like, you have global channels in one tab, enjoying the spam as you whack away at a mob. You get a tell and the name on your /tell tab goes bold to indicate that new text has arrived. And stuff...

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 01-14-2005, 04:06 PM
A Griffon

Server: Neriak

Quote:
Quote:
I also noticed you can't "close" a bag with the extended menu (rclick on the bag menu) its hard to know which bag its correspons to each window when you got all your bags open, the only way to know its to close everything and reopen a particular bag.
Can't you simply double click on the bags to fix all the issues you posted?

Also, the bags open onscreen in the order that you click on them, so if you open all of your bags in a left to right order, and you want to close the 4th bag in your inventory, close the 4th window. Or just double click on the 4th bag and it'll close it.
Unread 01-14-2005, 06:56 PM
A Griffon
Featured

plus you can set a key to open all bags at once in options
Unread 01-26-2005, 09:28 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Here are a few questions for SOE:

1. What scripting functions are available (if statements? math operations (other than +, -, *, /)? string manipulation?), and what is the proper syntax for each of these?

2. What types of ISO entities are allowed? (I noticed that &quot; works, but &nbsp; and some others seem to cause problems)

3. Is there other DynamicData, other than the DynamicData objects in equi_gamedata? If so, how do we access them?

4. What are acceptable values for the DynamicData property of objects? (Can we perform math or other functions on DynamicData?)

5. Can we have a more complete list of objects, their acceptable properties and events, and the function of these objects, properties, and events? The Word document is a nice primer, but only serves as an outline, when it comes to describing objects, events, and properties.

6. Certain objects have implied relationships (such as ImageStyle objects and RectangleStyle objects, for buttons). Could you please give us more detail on how these associations work, and document dependencies?

7. Almost all of the default pages have some sort of "magic" going on with them, that is not dependent on DynamicData or events (for example, how does the quest journal work?). How can we access this data? Are there reserved names?

8. How do we access root from inside an event value? (root.parent.object.property doesn't seem to work, and neither does / or parent.parent.parent beyond a page that has ismodule set to true)

9. Can we store and read data in text documents? If so, how?

10. How can we send / commands from our interface pages? Some already work, but others (like /show_window) don't. Many of us would like to show our custom interface pages by using OnPress events, etc.
Unread 01-26-2005, 09:47 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Can we get the chat colors stored locally in the ini file so they can be backed up and restored as needed? Presently they are appearantly stored on the server.

Already mentioned but...can we get EQ style hitmode (numbers only)?

Feebb
P.S. oh and btw could we get the ini file for characters as a normal text ini so it can be easily edited?
Unread 01-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgor
Here are a few questions for SOE:

1. What scripting functions are available (if statements? math operations (other than +, -, *, /)? string manipulation?), and what is the proper syntax for each of these?

2. What types of ISO entities are allowed? (I noticed that &quot; works, but &nbsp; and some others seem to cause problems)

3. Is there other DynamicData, other than the DynamicData objects in equi_gamedata? If so, how do we access them?

4. What are acceptable values for the DynamicData property of objects? (Can we perform math or other functions on DynamicData?)

5. Can we have a more complete list of objects, their acceptable properties and events, and the function of these objects, properties, and events? The Word document is a nice primer, but only serves as an outline, when it comes to describing objects, events, and properties.

6. Certain objects have implied relationships (such as ImageStyle objects and RectangleStyle objects, for buttons). Could you please give us more detail on how these associations work, and document dependencies?

7. Almost all of the default pages have some sort of "magic" going on with them, that is not dependent on DynamicData or events (for example, how does the quest journal work?). How can we access this data? Are there reserved names?

8. How do we access root from inside an event value? (root.parent.object.property doesn't seem to work, and neither does / or parent.parent.parent beyond a page that has ismodule set to true)

9. Can we store and read data in text documents? If so, how?

10. How can we send / commands from our interface pages? Some already work, but others (like /show_window) don't. Many of us would like to show our custom interface pages by using OnPress events, etc.
Just a note on the scripting/command function questions. It seems that the EQII macroing system was kept intentionally limited to prevent in-game automated play problems. I would expect that certain features we'd like to see in mods are going to be similarly limited for exactly the same reason—no sense gimping macros only to have players get around it by installing mods that do the same thing.