EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 09-27-2009, 05:50 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

Hey! Since this is the thread that never dies, I'll just bump it asking the same old question, with a different twist.

Has anyone ever figured out the voiceovers? I am not really interested in playing them out-right, but I am very interested in the data used to encrypt them. In the sound packet, along with the path and some text, there are 2 "keys"... int's that, without these, do not seem to playback the files correctly.

What I am after is now how to play the MP3's in iTunes but where I might score the info on where these 2 keys might be stored in the VPL/VPKs.

If this doesn't make sense, then nevermind and sorry for the necro. Just trying to figure some things out on my own.

TIA
Unread 01-18-2010, 04:01 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but It's hard to find any kind of information on .VPK files anywhere.

I have a ps2 game called The Mark of Kri, and the music is not available in any sort of way save for ripping it from the game itself. It's in a .VPK file format and I have no idea how to access it, The EQ2 program will not work as it won't target .VPK files and the "towave" program listed earlier will not open properly, so I' maskign if anyone here knows a way I can access this file?
Unread 01-18-2010, 09:14 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Given that it's a completely different game, the file structure may be different, so anything that worked for EQ2 would probably not work for that. .VPK is not really a "standard" filetype with standards that make it easy to decode.
Unread 07-26-2010, 09:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Time for the bi-annual necro of this thread to ask the same question:

Is there a way yet to extract voiceovers into a playable format?
Unread 08-28-2010, 02:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Took a quick look at the files and istm that the voiceover files are encrypted with a key pair that are provided by the server when it instructs the client to play that particular mp3 clip / set.

From my quick look I think the controlling script or data files are encrypted and probably provide stop/start indexing and so on, and the mp3s are encrypted also.

This same technique is used for maps and suchlike, to stop folks ripping out all the goodies and knowing all the expansion plot etc before actually playing to that point.

If someone cared enough, a list of key pairs could possibly be collected and stored+used against the voice overs (and the maps). No-one has bothered to undertake this yet, and I would guess it won't happen any time soon.
Unread 04-11-2011, 11:27 AM
A Coastal Crab

Does anyone know if it is still possible to override the contends of a .vpk somehow? e.g. making it use a new file instead of the original.

Edit: Figures, I've been trying for months but as soon as I finally ask for help I figure it out. -_-
It's sort of obvious in retrospect...

Last edited by lethe5683 : 04-11-2011 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Found out