EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 01-11-2007, 06:00 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Unrest
Default Hotfix screwed up Profit today?

Was there an update to the UI in todays hotfix?

I log in and everything is screwed up.

I can't type in the chat window to ask in channels, I can't type /camp so have to use the EQ button, the top panel seems to be shifted to the left, my hotkeys seemed to be reverted to one bank, the chat window is shrunk down to a quarter of its size and only has chat and combat tabs, all the level chats and class chat is active but none of the others I had active (Traders, etc)....

Basically I can't play because I can't type in the chat window to try to /load ui_settings....

Last edited by itpaladin : 01-11-2007 at 06:05 PM.
Unread 01-11-2007, 06:21 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Hmm....just camped over to alt on same server and it was fine so I deleted the charactername server ini file and just loaded the Profit resolution the other character was using and now it is working.

Something odd did happen to my computer when I was logged in earlier.

I took a shower, came back to the room and found the computer sitting at the login screen like it had rebooted.

Perhaps some corruption took place?
Unread 01-11-2007, 08:26 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

That has happened to me a few times, I'm not sure what causes it. I know when I first start logging in my Screen looks like how you describe then 90% of the time it loads the uisettings correctly and I don't worry about it. But that other 10% it stays like that which requires me to load uisettings from another character. Very annoying when it happens.
Unread 01-11-2007, 10:52 PM
A Coastal Crab

Everything was fine when I logged in, but I crashed three times tonight which is unheard of for me... When I logged back in the last time, profit was loaded but it was all messed up. Everything seemed to default back to the original settings when you first load it.
Unread 01-11-2007, 11:24 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia

This not being able to type in the chat window is NOT just a Profit error. I have my own modded windows along with various pieces from other ui sets. The chat window I use, however, is DEFAULT. And I too experienced this anomaly after today's hotfix.

Another error I have run into only one character is all of a sudden I get a client error and hard crash to the desktop. Afterwords, the character.ini file is saved as a zero byte file and when I relog, the ui is reverted to default positions. I have to load uisettings from another character to get my window locations back.
Unread 01-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oggok

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechenode
Another error I have run into only one character is all of a sudden I get a client error and hard crash to the desktop. Afterwords, the character.ini file is saved as a zero byte file and when I relog, the ui is reverted to default positions. I have to load uisettings from another character to get my window locations back.
I've had that happen too. Most annoying. That's why I always do backup copies of my ini files now hehe.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 01-12-2007, 01:07 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechenode
This not being able to type in the chat window is NOT just a Profit error. I have my own modded windows along with various pieces from other ui sets. The chat window I use, however, is DEFAULT. And I too experienced this anomaly after today's hotfix.

For the not being able to chat in the chat window, when my ProfitUI resets to default for whatever reason, if I move one of the tabs (It has 2 on the default) and then right click and select always chat here. That allows me to type and do a /load_uisettings. But I have to move the chat window, separating the tabs before it'll let me.
Unread 01-14-2007, 01:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
I experince this problem everytime I log in, well I've made a backup copy of my settings and even have a macro to load it, but it's still very annoying that everytime game sets my current ini file to 0 bytes and loading default settings.
So does anyone have any soluting or thoughts why this happens?
Unread 01-21-2007, 10:04 PM
A Coastal Crab

This happened to me today and I didnt have a backup copy of my UI , SO GAY
Unread 01-22-2007, 04:02 AM
A Coastal Crab

yup. happened to me too. I'm on a new windows install and didn't bother to back up my UI either
Unread 01-23-2007, 05:48 PM
A Grizzled Badger

I just noticed the ini file going zero other day. I have made a copy in the root sony folder.

It is odd as it ONLY happens with my alt, and not my main.