Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Pre-Beta

Unread 09-17-2007, 12:51 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Active Quest bug work around

This is a work around for the bug in the active quest window. You can read more in the thread on the eq2 forums here:
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=382497

Basically the client is resizing and moving the object containing the steps when you get a timed quest or delete or finish a timed quest. It's incorrectly doing this causing the steps to scroll in a strange way.

I added an outline to the TreeContainer object so it's easy to see the problem. Here are some screenshots.

Before accepting the timed step of a tradeskill rush order quest everything looks ok.

After you accept the timed step.

After finishing (or deleting) the timed step.

The attached xml file has a work around for this bug. When you're on a timed quest or after you finish a timed quest just click on the name of the quest. There's a hidden button that resizes the TreeContainer object correctly so it would look like this.

Hopefully SOE will fix this since it's a pretty obvious bug. Until then you can use this work around.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Othesus_active_quest_helper_work_around_9-17-2007.zip (2.6 KB, 801 views)

Visit Othesus World!

Last edited by Othesus : 09-17-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Unread 09-18-2007, 12:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via ICQ to Magnamundian Send a message via AIM to Magnamundian Send a message via MSN to Magnamundian Send a message via Yahoo to Magnamundian

Highly appreciated!

Nothing worse than doing a rush order and only seeing a small part of what you need to complete, despite having made the active journal window large enough to hold the quest!
Unread 09-18-2007, 01:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Good thing the scroll bar auto-hides in my UI anyway, probably because of that that I have never noticed this bug before (if it is even present in ProfitUI).

Reading your description I'm just wondering why you can't resize automatically OnShow/OnHide of the timer?
Unread 09-18-2007, 02:24 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Good thing the scroll bar auto-hides in my UI anyway, probably because of that that I have never noticed this bug before (if it is even present in ProfitUI).

Reading your description I'm just wondering why you can't resize automatically OnShow/OnHide of the timer?
I tried that first but the timing was wrong. The game would still resize that object after the script was triggered. I could have tried to put in some kind of hidden delay using effectors but I'd already spent a few hours figuring out the bug and I'd rather SOE just fix it. The bug affects timed writs and the few timed quests here and there so it's not something I run into every day.

Err, if they don't fix it by the time I get tired of thinking about it I'll put a hidden timer delay in.

Visit Othesus World!

Last edited by Othesus : 09-18-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Unread 09-18-2007, 04:19 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Btw, I was unable to reproduce this bug with ProfitUI. I assume the reason is that I have placed the timer in the titlebar of my window, so there is no repositioning going on for the TreeDSContainer.
Unread 09-18-2007, 05:21 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Btw, I was unable to reproduce this bug with ProfitUI. I assume the reason is that I have placed the timer in the titlebar of my window, so there is no repositioning going on for the TreeDSContainer.
Yes, it looks like the game doesn't resize the TreeContainer in your active quest window.

While I was looking at it I noticed a strange bug though. You can't resize the window from the bottom edge. If you try to grab the bottom edge of the active quest window you actually grab the bottom edge of the TreeContainer page and you can make it smaller like this. I added the outline to that page just to be able to see it better. This seems to be unrelated to the timed quest bug.

After you do this you can resize the window from the bottom edge and you can still resize the TreeContainer smaller, but not larger.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 09-18-2007, 05:27 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yup I noticed that as well when trying it out, will have to fix that, thanks.
Unread 09-18-2007, 05:49 PM
A Griffon

Hmm, after looking at this some more it's even stranger. You can grab the bottom edge of the JournalsQuestDetail page (which makes the scrollbar change size) and you can grab the bottom edge of the TreeContainer page. I have no idea why you can grab so many bottom edges in that window.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 09-18-2007, 06:06 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Agreed, it should not be possible, those subwindows are not user-resizeable.

Easily fixed/worked around by slapping a GetsInput="false" on the JournalsQuestDetail page though. Done. Next bug please.